Windows 10: Renamed a pinter, now having problems accessing it

Discus and support Renamed a pinter, now having problems accessing it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed a printer on my PC. It created two printers in Devices and Printers - one for normal printing and one for sending faxes. I tried renaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LironL, May 16, 2019.

1. LironL Win User

Renamed a pinter, now having problems accessing it

I installed a printer on my PC. It created two printers in Devices and Printers - one for normal printing and one for sending faxes. I tried renaming the one for sending faxes, and I succeeded, but now the printer is grayed out and I can't access it any more. If I double click on the printer, I get error 0x00000709.

I renamed the printer by right-clicking on the printer in Control Panel -> Devices and Printers, selecting Printer Properties, renaming the printer in the window and clicking OK.

I still have drivers for the printer listed in Device Manager, under the old name. The printer is listed, but the print queue his hidden.

How do I get access to my printer back?

:)

LironL, May 16, 2019
  2. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, May 16, 2019
  3. Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, May 16, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Renamed a pinter, now having problems accessing it - Similar Threads - Renamed pinter having

2. Pinter error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinter error: Hello, When I try to add my printer under "Printer and Scanners", it takes to me to a window to sign to a work account that is no longer active. It gives me an option to sign-in with a different account and when I use my hotmail account, I get the following message. Also, my...
  3. Pinter error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinter error: Hello, When I try to add my printer under "Printer and Scanners", it takes to me to a window to sign to a work account that is no longer active. It gives me an option to sign-in with a different account and when I use my hotmail account, I get the following message. Also, my...
  4. Pinter offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pinter offline: How do I change my printer from offline to online? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinter-offline/349ac070-4686-42d3-8bfb-29c077e08ed5
  5. photosmart C7200 pinter

photosmart C7200 pinter: My dell laptop doesn't recolonise my printer says it is offline.My laptop is a Dell Inspiration 17 5000 series. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photosmart-c7200-pinter/e5b13211-2db8-4690-b37d-8b299f71b2dc
  6. Epsom Pinter won’t scan

Epsom Pinter won’t scan: My HP computer is just suddenly telling me that it is not connected to my Epsom printer when i try to scan. It dies however print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epsom-pinter-wont-scan/28c5ed4f-61e0-46ee-b6dc-4dc920cd3551
  7. Problem with renaming files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with renaming files: submitted by /u/nuee-ardente [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1yk1m/problem_with_renaming_files/
  8. I have an accessibility problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have an accessibility problem.: My computer seems to tab through options on the desktop and other windows applications, but not in independent applications. For example, posting here on reddit through Firefox was breezy, but editing the video to include only the necessary footage was a matter of spam...
  9. Renamed a pinter, now can't access it

Renamed a pinter, now can't access it: I installed a printer on my PC. It created two printers in Devices and Printers - one for normal printing and one for sending faxes. I tried renaming the one for sending faxes, and I succeeded, but now the printer is grayed out and I can't access it any more. If I double...
  10. Pinters stop working

Pinters stop working: Hello, I am using windows 10 and recently the printers stopped working. I have two different printers attached, a Samsung by cable, and a Xerox that can be cable or Wifi. The first thing I did was uninstall the printers and reinstall them in case they'd missed a drive...