Windows 10: Renamed a pinter, now having problems accessing it

Discus and support Renamed a pinter, now having problems accessing it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed a printer on my PC. It created two printers in Devices and Printers - one for normal printing and one for sending faxes. I tried renaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LironL, May 16, 2019 at 6:33 AM.

1. LironL Win User

Renamed a pinter, now having problems accessing it

I installed a printer on my PC. It created two printers in Devices and Printers - one for normal printing and one for sending faxes. I tried renaming the one for sending faxes, and I succeeded, but now the printer is grayed out and I can't access it any more. If I double click on the printer, I get error 0x00000709.

I renamed the printer by right-clicking on the printer in Control Panel -> Devices and Printers, selecting Printer Properties, renaming the printer in the window and clicking OK.

I still have drivers for the printer listed in Device Manager, under the old name. The printer is listed, but the print queue his hidden.

How do I get access to my printer back?

:)

2. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

3. Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

Thema:

1. Renamed a pinter, now having problems accessing it - Similar Threads - Renamed pinter having

2. Renamed a pinter, now can't access it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Renamed a pinter, now can't access it: I installed a printer on my PC. It created two printers in Devices and Printers - one for normal printing and one for sending faxes. I tried renaming the one for sending faxes, and I succeeded, but now the printer is grayed out and I can't access it any more. If I double...
  3. Pinters stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pinters stop working: Hello, I am using windows 10 and recently the printers stopped working. I have two different printers attached, a Samsung by cable, and a Xerox that can be cable or Wifi. The first thing I did was uninstall the printers and reinstall them in case they'd missed a drive...
  4. Windows Ten having a problem accessing the Workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Ten having a problem accessing the Workgroup: My first post on Tenforums. A recent addition to my home network simply called HOMENET consisting of an XP-style Workgroup brought forward to Windows 7 on two PCs. Now I've added a third running Windows 10 to experiment with. The Win10 is producing an error and not...
  5. Don't have access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have access: I try and open a program but it says I have no access. I have gone on both drives and changed the security so everyone has full access, but once it comes to the program I want to run, an error saying it was denied comes up. No idea what is wrong. This is for a video game, and...
  6. renaming pc become a problem!

in Windows 10 Customization
    renaming pc become a problem!: why every thing is going with that windows 10!!!!...ortherwise; i have renamed my pc from DESKTOP-********** to ABDENNOUR-PC like before the clear install from windows 7 to be easy to access to my files on other PCs connected to the same WiFi, and rebooting... after that my...
  7. Changed Main Drive location now having problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed Main Drive location now having problems: I recently bought a Dell G3 gaming labtop but the main drive (C) was a small 100 gb's where as the D drive is 1tb so I looked into how to change the default drive which led me to regedit so I changed the default location from there the thing is I still had to transfer the...
  8. Attempting to remove Password/Pin and now have a problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Attempting to remove Password/Pin and now have a problem.: I was trying to follow instructions on utube to remove my pin and password – (mainly experimenting as attempting to help a friend whose HP Laptop keeps messing up on the sign in and locking her out so figure she is better without a pin) BUT in the process I somehow added...
  9. I have a strange problem with Quick Access view

in Windows 10 Support
    I have a strange problem with Quick Access view: I have a strange problem with Quick Access view: all of a sudden files are displayed as in every other folder in a single list, and I can't select By group etc. to restore original mixed view: Correct: [img] Broken: [img] I tried to reset settings from Folders...
  10. Problem renaming a Start Menu folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem renaming a Start Menu folder: I have just moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (64-bit). For me there is a significant learning curve, and I need help with one issue that I have been unable to resolve. I tried to rename the following folder: C:\Users\All users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Wacom...