Windows 10: renamed iastora.sys and the system will not reboot

Discus and support renamed iastora.sys and the system will not reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My wife's Laptop (a fairly new dell) was trying to update the latest Windows version and ran into a problem with this file (iastora.sys) that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JWGroovin, Aug 5, 2019.

1. JWGroovin Win User

renamed iastora.sys and the system will not reboot

My wife's Laptop (a fairly new dell) was trying to update the latest Windows version and ran into a problem with this file (iastora.sys) that is related to Intel's Rapid Storage Technology. A workaround suggested renamed the file to iastora.old. Now her system won't reboot and the Dell SUpport Assist bios utility is trying to fix it without luck. Do I have any options that don't blow her system out of the water? I'm feel sick over what I did!

:)

JWGroovin, Aug 5, 2019

2. System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    What is semav6msr64.sys & Mellanox Drivers?

Thanks - as I further check, I first disabled semav6msr64.sys using Autoruns then rebooted. I didn't have the first registry key but deleted the second and deleted the driver file. I now have no trace of semav6msr64.sys.

Steve C, Aug 5, 2019
  4. renamed iastora.sys and the system will not reboot

Windows 10 corrupt boot file sfvfs02.sys

I had the same issue. You helped me to findout what to do. It seems that "StarForce protection" corrupeted computer by its drivers...

Computer cannot be booted even in safe mode, because this drivers are used even in safe mode.

What exactly i did:

1) I used Operation System Life Distribution DVD (Ubuntu in my case) to boot computer.

2) I renamed c:\windows\system32\drivers\sfvfs02.sys to sfvfs02.sy (or you can just remove this file... )

and then i renamed also these files:

%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\sfsync03.sys

%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\sfhlp02.sys

%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\sfdrv01.sys

(This list i found here: http://superuser.com/a/93473/196494 )

3) reboot computer and it works!

Jan Vondrouš, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

renamed iastora.sys and the system will not reboot

1. renamed iastora.sys and the system will not reboot - Similar Threads - renamed iastora sys

2. How to rename system folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to rename system folders?: Somehow two of my system folders' names have been changed to 'Documents' instead of 'Downloads' and 'Videos'. How do I rename these folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-rename-system-folders/a323e748-e6c0-4b5c-8cac-4e3ebd93d004
  3. cant rename a .sys file

cant rename a .sys file: when i try to rename a .sys file this error pops up if i press No it doesn't rename the file and if i press yes a another error pops up saying I don't have permission , someone just help me rename this file ....
  4. Event 129 iaStorA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event 129 iaStorA: My PC specs:Motherboard: GIGABYE H81M-DS2 Processor: IntelR PentiumR CPU G3450 @ 3.40GHz 2 CPUs, ~3.4GHz Graphics: IntelR HD Graphics in DirectX Diagnostic Tool Driver Model: WDDM 2.0 in DirectX Diagnostic Tool RAM: 4GB 3,39GB usable DRR3 SSD: Colorful SL300 128GBCD Drive: LG...
  5. Rebooting system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rebooting system: Hello, i was rebooting my computer and I accidentaly pressed button Delete whole diskRecycling Computer but I want to use my computer, whole reboot went fine but when I was getting started it says Windows set-up programe not found. Restart computer and try again. I can’t buy...
  6. ID Event 129 iastorA Device\RaidPort0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ID Event 129 iastorA Device\RaidPort0: So I've been getting this error quite frequently, when playing a game my pc just freezes for an unespecified amount of time can be from 20 sec to 5/10 mins and I get the error of being timed out in the game I searched a bit and found that it could be from Intel Rapid...
  7. Windows System Apps Renamed

Windows System Apps Renamed: Hi, Here's the question, details after. How do I rename/restore Windows system apps such as File Explorer, Control Panel, etc.? Alright so I did something kind of stupid. The Microsoft store was giving me the error "Try again later, something happened at our end", so I...
  8. system thread exception not handled wdf01000.sys

system thread exception not handled wdf01000.sys: [ATTACH] I dont know how to fix that, I only have command prompt in advanced options, I must fix with that. I cant go in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-thread-exception-not-handled-wdf01000sys/8c25a0ce-3b0d-4212-9c3a-8632662a4a71
  9. Wdf01000.sys BSOD Unable to Reboot

Wdf01000.sys BSOD Unable to Reboot: Good afternoon, Let me start by saying that I'm not a huge techie. There are a lot of things I know about computers, but much more that I don't know. I'm hoping you all can help me save my desktop computer without having to lose years of files I can't replace. I updated...
  10. BSOD iaStorA / ntoskrnl.exe+142480

BSOD iaStorA / ntoskrnl.exe+142480: Hello, I am consistently getting a BSOD once a day with my machine. I've tried as many things as I could and can't seem to get it solved. System is a Alienware 15 R2, I swapped the 1TB HGST drive for a Samsung 850 EVO 2TB at the user drive. Main OS drive is factory installed...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what if we rename the iastorA.sys

2. iastora.sys rename