Windows 10: Renaming a device driver???

Discus and support Renaming a device driver??? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ive been doing some reinstalls and my network card has been renamed with #2 at the end of it. Is there an easy way to rename this so i can remove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gezzamondo, May 4, 2020.

1. Renaming a device driver???

Ive been doing some reinstalls and my network card has been renamed with #2 at the end of it.

Is there an easy way to rename this so i can remove the #2

submitted by /u/gezzamondo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gezzamondo, May 4, 2020
  2. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, May 4, 2020
  3. ericnixmd Win User
    Rename Sound Devices

I've figured out how to rename Bluetooth devices, but I can't figure out how to rename speakers.

My speaker list shows up as follows in the sound icon:
    • Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (2 - DELL PROFESSIONAL SOUND BAR AE515) - twice
    • Microphone (4 - SpeechMike III)
    • Microphone (Logitech BRIO)
    • Microphone Array (Realtek Audio)
    • Speakers (4 - SpeechMike III)
    • Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)

Depending on which SpeechMike I'm using (wireless vs wired), it will show up as 3 (wired) or 5 (wireless with second base).

Is there a way to rename any of these devices? I've yet to find a way.

ericnixmd, May 4, 2020
  4. CJCerny Win User

Renaming a device driver???

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Renaming a device driver???

1. Renaming a device driver??? - Similar Threads - Renaming device driver

2. How to rename Device Driver Description under its name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename Device Driver Description under its name?: Hi,I'm trying to rename device description, tried renaming it in registry friendlyName but it returns its name after I turn off and on again.How to remove this "2-"?Thanks...
  3. How to rename Device Driver Description under its name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rename Device Driver Description under its name?: Hi,I'm trying to rename device description, tried renaming it in registry friendlyName but it returns its name after I turn off and on again.How to remove this "2-"?Thanks...
  4. rename bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rename bluetooth device: Following the directions:: "Click on Hardware & Sound. Select Devices & Printers. On the new window, right-click on the paired device and select Properties. Click on the Bluetooth tab and edit the name of your paired device. Let us know if you will need further assistance."...
  5. rename bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rename bluetooth device: Following the directions:: "Click on Hardware & Sound. Select Devices & Printers. On the new window, right-click on the paired device and select Properties. Click on the Bluetooth tab and edit the name of your paired device. Let us know if you will need further assistance."...
  6. Renaming Audio Device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Renaming Audio Device: Hi everyone! I have windows 10 installed on my laptop and it is running smoothly without any issues. Only one problem which I am having is that whenever I click the sound icon on the taskbar to increase or decrease the volume, my speaker is named as '2- High Definition Audio...
  7. Renaming Input Devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming Input Devices?: [ATTACH] I have 4 usb joysticks hooked to my computer. They are all named "Generic USB Joystick". How do I rename them? When I go to properties and click in the text box, it wont let me do anything....
  8. Windows 10 Audio driver keeps renaming audio device.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Audio driver keeps renaming audio device.: Good evening, I would like to ask you a simple question. Everytime i update my Realtek audio driver my Audi Device changes its name to "Zvočniky/Slušalke" is there any way i can get rid of this ? If i rename it back to original after another update it will change. I already...
  9. renaming a bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    renaming a bluetooth device: how do I rename a Bluetooth device I connect to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-a-bluetooth-device/1150a095-16e9-49ac-9afc-25b9169ce339
  10. Rename Sound Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rename Sound Devices: I've figured out how to rename Bluetooth devices, but I can't figure out how to rename speakers. My speaker list shows up as follows in the sound icon: Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (2 - DELL PROFESSIONAL SOUND BAR AE515) - twice Microphone (4 - SpeechMike III) Microphone...