Windows 10: Renaming a file in search fails

Discus and support Renaming a file in search fails in Cortana to solve the problem; Renaming a file in search fails, but only in documents, it works elsewhere! If I go to documents, perform a search, then rename one of the files that... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Macaw!, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Macaw! Win User

Renaming a file in search fails

Renaming a file in search fails, but only in documents, it works elsewhere! If I go to documents, perform a search, then rename one of the files that are displayed, the file disappears from the list and is not renamed. But it renames ok if I search in another folder.

:)

Macaw!, Oct 20, 2020
  2. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Renaming a file in search fails

Renaming the Computer...

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to rename the computer name as below and check if the issue persists.

Here’s how to rename the computer on Windows 10:

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar Search icon;
    • Search Rename this computer and click on the result;
    • Click Change;
    • Rename the computer and then click OK to save.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Renaming a file in search fails

1. Renaming a file in search fails - Similar Threads - Renaming file search

2. The file name " quotation mark search/rename quirk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The file name " quotation mark search/rename quirk?: I hope Windows doesn't fix this after I've pointed it out, because it's convenient for finding a file quickly, as it automatically puts it alphabetically at the top of the list of file names in a folder, making it easy to find...I don't know if this works in Win11The items...
  3. The file name " quotation mark search/rename quirk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The file name " quotation mark search/rename quirk?: I hope Windows doesn't fix this after I've pointed it out, because it's convenient for finding a file quickly, as it automatically puts it alphabetically at the top of the list of file names in a folder, making it easy to find...I don't know if this works in Win11The items...
  4. The file name " quotation mark search/rename quirk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File Renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Renaming: Is there a way to change the automatic 1 at the end each each file with the same name? My company would like me to rename files for them. I need to name pictures the same name at the same time. I know that I can batch rename them but it always ends with a 1, 2, 3 etc... I...
  6. Windows 11: file search fails to search contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: file search fails to search contents: Hello, I'm having problems where windows search works for pdf & office files, but not files for which the "plain text filter" is used. Is this a known bug or is there a fix out there that could be downloaded?...
  7. File renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File renaming: when i try to change a movie file name in windows 11 it plays video. When I right click to rename https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-renaming/a20da827-42c9-49eb-b5af-85946e1f9808
  8. Failed to rename this PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed to rename this PC: When I tried to rename my computer,it said "One or more of the characters you typed won't work .Try something different.So I did .Failed again. What should I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-rename-this-pc/cca5f50b-2b50-46f7-bc2d-19aecdb2b7fd
  9. Renaming Folders From Windows File Explorer Search: Doesn't Rename Folders Correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming Folders From Windows File Explorer Search: Doesn't Rename Folders Correctly: [ATTACH] I'm not sure how long this bug has been there, however renaming folders from Windows File Explorer search messes up the folder names. The folder ends up with two folder names: 1) The new folder name, which appears in the Windows File Explorer UI 2) The old...
  10. Renaming a file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Renaming a file: Just had a "bios" update on HP computer and now I cannot rename a file without getting the message " Don't have permission to save in this locatin. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR AND ONLY USER! How is this fixed … please?...