Windows 10: Renaming a file

Discus and support Renaming a file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just had a "bios" update on HP computer and now I cannot rename a file without getting the message " Don't have permission to save in this locatin.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pambuckler, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Renaming a file

Just had a "bios" update on HP computer and now I cannot rename a file without getting the message " Don't have permission to save in this locatin. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR AND ONLY USER! How is this fixed … please?

:)

pambuckler, Feb 9, 2020
  2. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Trouble renaming photos and files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app to rename the photos?

- Did you try renaming the photos directly from File explorer?

- Do you get any message?

I suggest you to rename photos from File Explorer and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to rename photo from File Explorer:

1. Right click on the start menu and select File Explorer.

2. Click on pictures present on the left side of the page.

3. Right on the picture you want to rename and select the option rename.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Renaming a file

Renaming local files and folders issue

Hi,

To further assist you with renaming local files and folders, we suggest for you to check this

link
    and see the steps which has the marked as answer.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Renaming a file

1. Renaming a file - Similar Threads - Renaming file

2. How do you fix when you can't delete, move or rename files and folders in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix when you can't delete, move or rename files and folders in windows 10?: Windows 10Intel Core i5 3.30GHz4GB ram64-bit operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-when-you-cant-delete-move-or-rename/d7089418-dc61-4cf1-969e-64ad662340c9
  3. How do you fix when you can't delete, move or rename files and folders in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you fix when you can't delete, move or rename files and folders in windows 10?: Windows 10Intel Core i5 3.30GHz4GB ram64-bit operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-when-you-cant-delete-move-or-rename/d7089418-dc61-4cf1-969e-64ad662340c9
  4. How do you fix when you can't delete, move or rename files and folders in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager: I've been having this issue for months now, and I still don't know how to fix it. Sometimes I have to even use aps like FileASSASSIN to remove some files, due to it crashing all the time.Sometimes it just doesn't show or do anything when I do something with my files, or the...
  6. Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager

Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager: I've been having this issue for months now, and I still don't know how to fix it. Sometimes I have to even use aps like FileASSASSIN to remove some files, due to it crashing all the time.Sometimes it just doesn't show or do anything when I do something with my files, or the...
  7. Deleting, moving or renaming certain files either takes way too long or crashes file manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I used the Python os.rename function to rename a file with an invalid character

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used the Python os.rename function to rename a file with an invalid character: I am using Windows 10, and I used the Python os.rename function to forcefully rename one of my file names with an invalid character '/?\'. After doing so, the file disappeared. I am wondering if the file was simply deleted, or if there are any hidden risks involved....
  9. I used the Python os.rename function to rename a file with an invalid character

I used the Python os.rename function to rename a file with an invalid character: I am using Windows 10, and I used the Python os.rename function to forcefully rename one of my file names with an invalid character '/?\'. After doing so, the file disappeared. I am wondering if the file was simply deleted, or if there are any hidden risks involved....
  10. I used the Python os.rename function to rename a file with an invalid character

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i want to view the document i am renaming