Windows 10: renaming Bat file

Discus and support renaming Bat file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear all, I need to complete my script .bat file to rename the Res_.pdf to Res_"Folder name". Note: this code is copied from another site its working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M_samiryones, Oct 29, 2020.

1. renaming Bat file

Dear all,

I need to complete my script .bat file to rename the Res_.pdf to Res_"Folder name".

Note: this code is copied from another site its working already but with the following sequence; Res_.pdf to _Res_.pdf

Thanks.

for /r "PATH" %%G in . do
    pushd %%G
    for %%* in . do set MyDir=%%~n*
    FOR %%v IN Res_*.* DO REN %%v "%MyDir%_%%v"
    popd

:)

M_samiryones, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Lucasonas Win User

BAT file/Script to find and replace files

FordGT90Concept!!!

Your attachment is very close, it kept all the 5 numerals intact, but like you said: "it will rename them all from "#_Example_720p.zip" to "RAT_Example_#_24f_ONO.zip"...

Greetings, Streetfighter 2

I can't seem to get the BAT to work, but I'll still keep on trying.

Any other suggestions, or BAT scripts Streetfighter & FordGT90Concept?

Lucasonas, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Lucasonas Win User
    BAT file/Script to find and replace files

Hi, innovative thinkers! I am looking for a BAT file or script that takes random named zips, consisting of 5 random numerals in the name, and renames the zips identical to different .txt files with that same 5 numeral in the same folder.

Here is an example of what I mean:

BEFORE BAT

C:\Documents

45678_Example_720p.zip
    34284_Example_720p.zip
    67483_Example_720p.zip

RAT_Example_45678_24f_ONO.txt
    RAT_Example_34284_24f_ONO.txt
    RAT_Example_67483_24f_ONO.txt

AFTER BAT

C:\Documents

RAT_Example_45678_24f_ONO.zip
    RAT_Example_34284_24f_ONO.zip
    RAT_Example_67483_24f_ONO.zip

RAT_Example_45678_24f_ONO.txt
    RAT_Example_34284_24f_ONO.txt
    RAT_Example_67483_24f_ONO.txt

I would like the BAT to take only those matching 5 numerals as a reference.

Thanks

*Oh Well renaming Bat file :eek:hwell:

Lucasonas, Oct 29, 2020
  4. renaming Bat file

Help with .bat to Copy and Rename to the same dir?

Hi guys,

Me and a friend is playing a prank on another friend, and this is pretty harmless, just a "friendly" reminder to him ^^

So, basically, the title explains it mostly, but I will go into detail.

What I need is a .bat that will create multiple .txt files in one directory. They must have some text in them.

That or copy an existing .txt file, and rename the multiple copies.

Like so:

Copy multiple instances of filename.txt from C:/ to C:/folder/ and rename them so none of them gets deleted.

Or

Create filename.txt in C:/folder/ and make multiple copies of it, and rename them so none of them gets deleted.

Hopefully this will make sense ^^

Thanks in advance,
    Val

Valenciente, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

renaming Bat file

1. renaming Bat file - Similar Threads - renaming Bat file

2. Bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  3. Bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  4. .bat files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .bat files: So i am trying to make a minecraft server and need to open a .bat file but i keep getting a error saying "This app can not run on this pc" But it worked a month ago i need a solution please....
  5. Bat file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bat file: Good morning/evening/night, I wanted to create a batch file or an exe that can change options inside the gui of an application (the application is cisco webex) (if you are familliar with webex i want to change the audio or turn it to music mode witha batch file) but i am...
  6. *.bat -files not starting!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *.bat -files not starting!: I have a friend that wants to host a Minecraft server for a few friends, and we put "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar server.jar nogui" in "Start.bat" in a folder, but nothing happens when we start the file server.jar is also in that folder! He has Java installed and Windows 10...
  7. How to Make Windows 10 Bat File to Bulk Rename Filenames in txt file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make Windows 10 Bat File to Bulk Rename Filenames in txt file: Hello, Just wondering if anyone can help me. I would like to create a bat file that will run in windows 10 that can duplicate one jpeg image file ( test.jpg. ) to a list of filenames ( one per line ) found in a text file ( test.txt ) This means if i had a list of 100 image...
  8. .bat file

in Windows 10 Customization
    .bat file: I have .bat file it is not working in my new PC when I double click on it. but it was working in my old PC. could your please support how to associate .bat file in windows 10? Kindly looking for your support and reply in this regards. Thanks.....
  9. .bat files changed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .bat files changed?: Greetings. Regarding Windows 10. I have a .bat file that I've used for... well, since forever. It rarely changes and it hasn't changed in months. Despite running quite fine in its current incarnation for some months now it's quite recently it's began throwing the error:...
  10. rename cmd to command >bat file dont work Solution

in Windows 10 Customization
    rename cmd to command >bat file dont work Solution: hello guys i m look for a solution i m like to rename C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe to C:\Windows\System32\command.exe but then i m can not open anny *.bat file can you guys help me...