Windows 10: Renaming, Deleting, Moving Folder Slow

Discus and support Renaming, Deleting, Moving Folder Slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I've been having a problem with a delay Renaming, Deleting, Moving folder which takes at least about 12 seconds this does not happen for files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shwetabh Singh, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Renaming, Deleting, Moving Folder Slow

Hi

I've been having a problem with a delay Renaming, Deleting, Moving folder which takes at least about 12 seconds this does not happen for files only for the folder.

Also if I log into administrator profile and then do Renaming, Deleting, Moving of a folder it works fine......Please help

Thanks

Shwetabh

:)

Shwetabh Singh, Apr 20, 2020

2. Can't move, rename, or delete folders

I've been trying to do some work with some folders (work which involves the things listed in the title) but can't because it either (when trying to move or rename folders) says they're open in another program, when I know for a fact they are not, or (when
    I try to delete a folder) says I need admin permission, but even when I get permission, it still says I need permission from something named "DESKTOP" followed by an assortment of letters and numbers. I think I should also mention that this only applies to
    the folders themselves, not the files inside them. I can move, edit, and delete those with no problems, but the folders they're stored in cannot be moved, renamed, or deleted.

So far I've tried disabling sharing, disabling thumbnails, increasing my users permissions, and giving myself ownership of the folders, but none of those worked.

BenjaminQuinn, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Folder Rename Delete Move İs Very Slow ( 15- 20 seconds )

Windows 10 Folder Rename Delete Move İs Very Slow ( 15- 20 seconds ), even an empty folder rename, delete, move takes 20 seconds...

How to solve this?

Casper Notebook

INTEL CORE I5-4200M CPU @2.50 GHZ

RAM 4 GB, usable amount : 3,75 gb

SYSTEM :Windows X64

Task Mnager :

CPU % 3-5

MEMORY %50 - 53

DİSK USAGE %3 -5

JAN PETER BALKANENDE, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Renaming, Deleting, Moving Folder Slow

Renaming and moving folders

What steps do you take to try and rename a folder? Have you selected it and then right clicked on it to be able to rename it?

Moving a folder, where do you want to move it and from where?

The more information you provide about what you are wanting to do and how you are trying to do it the easier it may be to help you.

If necessary use steps recorder to show us.

HoraceWiggins, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Renaming, Deleting, Moving Folder Slow

1. Renaming, Deleting, Moving Folder Slow - Similar Threads - Renaming Deleting Moving

2. the folder may have been moved renamed or deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the folder may have been moved renamed or deleted: the folder may have been moved renamed or deleted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folder-may-have-been-moved-renamed-or-deleted/adb31747-1a70-4f5e-a48b-8794f12a9425
  3. the folder may have been moved renamed or deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the folder may have been moved renamed or deleted: the folder may have been moved renamed or deleted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folder-may-have-been-moved-renamed-or-deleted/adb31747-1a70-4f5e-a48b-8794f12a9425
  4. the folder may have been moved renamed or deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 is slow at creating, renaming and deleting folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is slow at creating, renaming and deleting folders: Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've came here hoping I could find a solution to my annoying problem. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1909 and for a few weeks, creating folders, renaming and deleting them takes quite a while to complete (around 10 seconds or so). I've...
  6. Renaming and moving folders

Renaming and moving folders: When, if ever, is Microsoft going to fix the highly annoying problem that prevents folders from being moved or renamed? This has existed for some times and all kinds of "fixes" can be found on the Web but none of them work. The only fix is to do it with the Run Command, but...
  7. Renaming Folder Slow

Renaming Folder Slow: Hi I've been having a problem with a delay renaming a file/folder (which takes atleast about 12 seconds) No idea why... i've tried in safe mode and there's no delay at all could someone help me out with this issue? if i do a clean reboot does that means my projects and...
  8. Can't move or rename folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move or rename folders: When I try to move or rename a folder I get Can't find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name. It seems that right-clicking would tell windows where the folder is. When I make a new folder it comes as Folder 1, Folder 2 etc. When I...
  9. Cannot delete, move, rename folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete, move, rename folder: Hello, I am having issues with a folder which I would like to delete. However, whenever I try to do that I am told I need admin access in order to do so. Problem is, I am the admin and if I go to Properties and in the Security tab, I am not allowed to do any changes and...
  10. Can't rename or move folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename or move folders: Hello, After installing KB3124200 & KB3116900 updates, I'm no longer able to rename or move folders. When I try, it gives the error "Can't find the specified file". I have done sfc /scannow but it didn't help. Also, I have run default file associations registry files...