Windows 10: Renaming Desktops

Discus and support Renaming Desktops in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like most students, I'm doing all online this quarter and I plan to separate out my stuff for classes into separate desktops for organization. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/haylen_gerhard, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Renaming Desktops

Like most students, I'm doing all online this quarter and I plan to separate out my stuff for classes into separate desktops for organization. I have no issue making separate desktops via the Windows button + tab but I am unable to rename them. The online guides have said to right click on the desktop and a rename option should show up but no such option appears for me. I have Windows 10 Home version 1903 OS build 18362.657. Any help would be appreciated very much.

submitted by /u/haylen_gerhard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/haylen_gerhard, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

My Downloads Renamed Itself to Desktop

Hi Matt,

To rename the folder back to Downloads, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Open Local Disk (CRenaming Desktops :).
    • Open Users.
    • Open the folder of the user profile you are experiencing this issue in.
    • Rename the second Desktop icon you see as Downloads.
    • Close File Explorer then reopen it.
    • Check if the Downloads folder has been renamed successfully.

Let us know if this resolves the problem.

Ruz San, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 desktop renamed "downloads"

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

How did you exactly change the default folder for downloads to desktop? Is it through Internet explorer/through any other source?

As the issue started after setting the default folder for downloads to desktop, I suggest you to change the default folder for downloads to Download folder. (Follow the same procedure as you have did to change the default folder for downloads
    to desktop)

You may try this steps and check if you are able to rename the folders names for desktop and downloads.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows explorer.

• Click on This pc on the left navigation pane.

• Open the drive where Windows 10 is installed. (Ex: open C:/ drive if the Windows 10 is installed in c drive)

• Click on Users and select
      user name
      . (user name is the user you have logged in to the computer at present)

• Right click on Downloads folder and click on
      Rename and change to Desktop. (Do the same step for the Desktop folder also)

You may try to reset the view settings of the folders and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer.

• Click on the This PC on the left navigation pane.

• Click on the View tab at the top of the File explorer window.

• Click on Options and select
      Change folder and search options

• Navigate to the View tab in folder options window.

• Click on Reset Folders. (Click on Yes if any dialog box prompted)

• You may click on Restore defaults
      to restore the default settings for the folder.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 9, 2020
  4. amd5750m Win User

Renaming Desktops

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Renaming Desktops

1. Renaming Desktops - Similar Threads - Renaming Desktops

2. Desktop renamed to Recycle Bin, Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop renamed to Recycle Bin, Why?: So I do a lot of development work and am in school at the moment. Usually I can figure these kinds of things out on my own or with a Google search or 10, but this one has me stumped. I noticed the other day while I was trying to navigate to my desktop that it wasn't where...
  3. Desktop renamed to Recycle Bin, Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop renamed to Recycle Bin, Why?: So I do a lot of development work and am in school at the moment. Usually I can figure these kinds of things out on my own or with a Google search or 10, but this one has me stumped. I noticed the other day while I was trying to navigate to my desktop that it wasn't where...
  4. Windows 11 Rename button does not respond to first click on Desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Rename button does not respond to first click on Desktop shortcuts: When I right click on a Windows 11 Desktop shortcut and click the Rename button in the context menu that opens, nothing happens. It is only on the second try that I can rename the shortcut....
  5. Windows 11 Rename button does not respond to first click on Desktop shortcuts

Windows 11 Rename button does not respond to first click on Desktop shortcuts: When I right click on a Windows 11 Desktop shortcut and click the Rename button in the context menu that opens, nothing happens. It is only on the second try that I can rename the shortcut....
  6. Why does Windows 11 move desktop icons to the left when I rename them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 move desktop icons to the left when I rename them?: Hello,a previous thread was locked without solution, why? Why is it locked if unsolved?https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-11-move-desktop-icons-to-the-left/dcefa0e6-7dbd-46e4-9bcf-e2a73f999917I have the same problem with Windows 11, icons...
  7. Why does Windows 11 move desktop icons to the left when I rename them?

Why does Windows 11 move desktop icons to the left when I rename them?: Hello,a previous thread was locked without solution, why? Why is it locked if unsolved?https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-11-move-desktop-icons-to-the-left/dcefa0e6-7dbd-46e4-9bcf-e2a73f999917I have the same problem with Windows 11, icons...
  8. Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.: in Windows 11, if I select three or so files on the desktop, rightclick and select rename, the number in parenthesis does not follow the selection order of the files but is in a random order. I am constantly renaming camera video files and I always have to renumber them...
  9. Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.

Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.: in Windows 11, if I select three or so files on the desktop, rightclick and select rename, the number in parenthesis does not follow the selection order of the files but is in a random order. I am constantly renaming camera video files and I always have to renumber them...
  10. I renamed my desktop PC when I upgraded to Windows 11. It is still listed in...

I renamed my desktop PC when I upgraded to Windows 11. It is still listed in...: I renamed my desktop PC when I upgraded to Windows 11. It is still listed in myaccount.microsoft.com\device-list under its old name. How do I change or re-add it under the new name?...