Windows 10: renaming file from (1) to -0001

Discus and support renaming file from (1) to -0001 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm Manuel. I need some help with renaming a lot of files. My files are numbered "-0001" but when I rename in bulk Windows changes the "-0001" to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by szabmanu, Apr 7, 2020.

1. szabmanu Win User

renaming file from (1) to -0001

Hi, I'm Manuel. I need some help with renaming a lot of files. My files are numbered "-0001" but when I rename in bulk Windows changes the "-0001" to "(1)". Is there a setting in Windows where I can change that? I need them to be "-0001, 0002. etc." I searched the internet today but didn't find any solution. Maybe I can't express myself correctly or don't search correctly.

Thank you!

:)

szabmanu, Apr 7, 2020

2. Trouble renaming photos and files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app to rename the photos?

- Did you try renaming the photos directly from File explorer?

- Do you get any message?

I suggest you to rename photos from File Explorer and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to rename photo from File Explorer:

1. Right click on the start menu and select File Explorer.

2. Click on pictures present on the left side of the page.

3. Right on the picture you want to rename and select the option rename.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Apr 7, 2020
  3. amd5750m Win User
    rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Apr 7, 2020
  4. renaming file from (1) to -0001

c -0001.c-msedge.net

Monthly large amounts of data are downloaded via Host process for windows with c-0001.c-msedge.net listed as host. This week alone 1.6gb. I am unable to stop this download an am also uncertain of its purpose. Any ideas, suggestions?

JörgMüller_956, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

renaming file from (1) to -0001

1. renaming file from (1) to -0001 - Similar Threads - renaming file 0001

2. Win 11 Renaming File: Only Showing 1 Character

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Renaming File: Only Showing 1 Character: When I'm renaming files or folders in Win11, it only shows 1 or 2 charaters every time, so I have to scroll through the name to check whether I name it right. I never seem to have this problem in win10, is there any way to set it back? like display the full name when I am...
  3. Win 11 Renaming File: Only Showing 1 Character

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Renaming File: Only Showing 1 Character: When I'm renaming files or folders in Win11, it only shows 1 or 2 charaters every time, so I have to scroll through the name to check whether I name it right. I never seem to have this problem in win10, is there any way to set it back? like display the full name when I am...
  4. File Renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Renaming: Is there a way to change the automatic 1 at the end each each file with the same name? My company would like me to rename files for them. I need to name pictures the same name at the same time. I know that I can batch rename them but it always ends with a 1, 2, 3 etc... I...
  5. File renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File renaming: when i try to change a movie file name in windows 11 it plays video. When I right click to rename https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-renaming/a20da827-42c9-49eb-b5af-85946e1f9808
  6. Renaming files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Renaming files: I am looking for a program or application that I can use to rename a large number of files in batch mode. I have 5 folders, each containing about 800 .tif files. The file names consist of a few letters followed by a 3 digit number. I need to combine them all into one folder...
  7. Renaming a file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Renaming a file: Just had a "bios" update on HP computer and now I cannot rename a file without getting the message " Don't have permission to save in this locatin. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR AND ONLY USER! How is this fixed … please?...
  8. How to rename files sequentially at a number other than 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to rename files sequentially at a number other than 1: Hey gang, I've got a bunch of files (~300) that need to be renamed sequentially. I used the F2 command to change the names from "image1.png" to "M00000(1).png", etc. Is there a switch or something in PowerShell or the command prompt to start at a number other than 1 and...
  9. "This PC" renamed to "computer (1)"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This PC" renamed to "computer (1)": So out of nowhere typing in "this PC" has brought up the name "computer (1) Anyone know why this is and what I can do to revert it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-renamed-to-computer-1/4951e64b-1440-42bd-8bb4-cbe61c07a028
  10. File explorer renamed to file explorer (1)

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer renamed to file explorer (1): File explorer renamed to file explorer (1) After the update it renamed to (1) I forgot the folder where it’s stored to erase the duplicate. 122564