Windows 10: Renaming Flashdrive

Discus and support Renaming Flashdrive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been trying to rename my flashdrives on my computer for a while now, but it just will not change. The computer is fine and the drives work but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MythicSwine41, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Renaming Flashdrive

I have been trying to rename my flashdrives on my computer for a while now, but it just will not change. The computer is fine and the drives work but I when I click the rename option, nothing happens and I am unable to tell the difference between the flash drives. It just keeps saying USB Drive (E) OR (F)

Please Help

:)

MythicSwine41, Apr 19, 2019

2. Flashdrive refuses to be renamed

I have a 16gb flashdrive with a blank name. It only shows up as the file drive letter. Whenever I try to rename it, nothing happens. I mean i can click enter but no changes happen. But i did notice that a sub-drive/folder/idk appear below the flashdrive
    bearing my changes. I have tried scanning with Malwarebytes and Avira. It came up clean

Domingo2462, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Flashdrive refuses to be renamed

Hi thanks for replying. Im sorry that I wasnt able to get to you in time, but I needed to transfer some files instantly so I just formatted the flashdrive. Im sorry for the inconvenience. But I can rename it now, does that mean that there was a virus?

Domingo2462, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Renaming Flashdrive

Help with Flashdrive

I need step by step instructions on how to put files from my documents into a flashdrive. Please and thankyou

AmberlynPulver-Klutke, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Renaming Flashdrive

1. Renaming Flashdrive - Similar Threads - Renaming Flashdrive

2. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  3. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  4. All folders are renamed and I cant fix them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All folders are renamed and I cant fix them: All of my folders are labelled “downloads” and my documents folder “D:\” it won’t let me rename them and I don’t know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-folders-are-renamed-and-i-cant-fix-them/d8d62538-5ed3-4824-9eee-0ea74b096c53
  5. All folders are renamed and I cant fix them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All folders are renamed and I cant fix them: All of my folders are labelled “downloads” and my documents folder “D:\” it won’t let me rename them and I don’t know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-folders-are-renamed-and-i-cant-fix-them/d8d62538-5ed3-4824-9eee-0ea74b096c53
  6. All folders are renamed and I cant fix them

7. "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted": I suddenly got this and half of the apps aren't working also logged me out of all of my accounts. I already did the basic troubleshooting and restarting but it didn't really fix all of them my wallpaper got removed or just turned black and whenever I try to change it in the...
  8. "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted"

"can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted": I suddenly got this and half of the apps aren't working also logged me out of all of my accounts. I already did the basic troubleshooting and restarting but it didn't really fix all of them my wallpaper got removed or just turned black and whenever I try to change it in the...
  9. How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?: I have an MSI Z87 G65 Mobo with an Intel i5 4 core CPU with three storage drives. My C drive is on a 300G Intel ssd and my other 2 are a 1T and a 2T Toshiba hhd. While doing my initial setup I left my 1T drive unable to be utilized due to me not populating/allocating? it. I...
  10. How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?

How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?: I have an MSI Z87 G65 Mobo with an Intel i5 4 core CPU with three storage drives. My C drive is on a 300G Intel ssd and my other 2 are a 1T and a 2T Toshiba hhd. While doing my initial setup I left my 1T drive unable to be utilized due to me not populating/allocating? it. I...