Windows 10: Renaming folders in Sharepoint

Discus and support Renaming folders in Sharepoint in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I renamed a folder in Teams, but the folder didn't get renamed in Sharepoint. I wanted to do that manually, but I couldn't. I got a message: To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ozzy771, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Ozzy771 Win User

Renaming folders in Sharepoint

Hello, I renamed a folder in Teams, but the folder didn't get renamed in Sharepoint. I wanted to do that manually, but I couldn't. I got a message: To update this folder, go to the channel in Microsoft Teams. Do you have suggestion what to do?

:)

Ozzy771, Feb 5, 2020
  2. l1willia Win User

Quick Access Menu/SharePoint

From what I've seen online, it's not possible to rename a folder pinned to the Quick Access list without renaming the folder itself. This is posing a challenge for me with respect to setting up SharePoint libraries as "favorites," like I had in Windows 7, because of the way my company set up SharePoint.

Our IT Department told me to add a shortcut instead of a direct link, I'm not finding any info on how to do that. I tried creating a folder, pinning it, then adding a shortcut within that folder, but it doesn't show a list of files in the library, it's literally a shortcut to the library.

My questions are:
    1. Has anybody successfully pinned SharePoint libraries to Quick Access and renamed in that list them without renaming them in SharePoint?

2. If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to avoid a list of folders called "Shared."

l1willia, Feb 5, 2020
  3. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Renaming folders in Sharepoint

Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Renaming folders in Sharepoint

1. Renaming folders in Sharepoint - Similar Threads - Renaming folders Sharepoint

2. SharePoint Renaming Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SharePoint Renaming Issue: Hello,I've had this issue at multiple companies. It's not the end of the world, but it's incredibly frustrating as someone who works in HR and is saving/renaming multiple files each day.I have share point folders synced to the folder explorer. When dragging emails, PDFs, word...
  3. SharePoint Renaming Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SharePoint Renaming Issue: Hello,I've had this issue at multiple companies. It's not the end of the world, but it's incredibly frustrating as someone who works in HR and is saving/renaming multiple files each day.I have share point folders synced to the folder explorer. When dragging emails, PDFs, word...
  4. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming a Folder: HelloI transferred a folder to Google Drive as a back up. It seems automatically the original folder was named as MobilMover.exe., and my original folder was made sub-folder! I am not sure what the folder name MobilMover.exe is doing? I tried to rename it but will not allow...
  5. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming a Folder: HelloI transferred a folder to Google Drive as a back up. It seems automatically the original folder was named as MobilMover.exe., and my original folder was made sub-folder! I am not sure what the folder name MobilMover.exe is doing? I tried to rename it but will not allow...
  6. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. SharePoint file/folder shortcut

SharePoint file/folder shortcut: I have several documents I work on concurrently that are located in our SP directory. The files are often buried in several subfolders, so I like to add a shortcut to the files and/or specific folders and add to my desktop to get there quickly. However, since the last Windows...
  8. renaming folders

renaming folders: I cannot rename folders with the usual right click method. When I right click and try to rename, I get 2 messages: 1) "Can't find the specified file." Then when I x out of that message, I get: 2) "The file or folder does not exist." I can rename the folder by going to the...
  9. Rename file folder

Rename file folder: When I am trying to rename a number of files. I can do one and then for the next ones the program says the file is in use and cannot be changed. It is not in use anywhere. In order to rename, I have to close right out of File Explorer and then go back in and rename one file...
  10. Rename folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename folder: Hi It's not possible Rename. When you change the name, all five folders change to the same. Best regards, Peter[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/rename-folder/5ae40fa8-392b-4a94-ace7-fc1d5aa6c2ab