Windows 10: Renaming in batch pictures based to tags

Discus and support Renaming in batch pictures based to tags in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, my phone when takes pictures it doesn't name them according to the date, but it does with a progressive number. What I looking for is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pipppero2007, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Renaming in batch pictures based to tags

Hello,

my phone when takes pictures it doesn't name them according to the date, but it does with a progressive number.

What I looking for is a freeware software that RENAME pictures according to the DATE, HOUR and SECONDS.

I.E.: 20170617_204417.JPG

Date, hour, minutes, seconds.

There are software like that?

:)

Pipppero2007, Jun 17, 2017
  2. garym123 Win User

Change photo file name

As you know the picture file names are based on the date, WP_20121224_006. Year month and date taken and the number for the day. 2012,12,24_006.

You should have different folder names for each phones pictures. You can mass rename pictures in a folder. This page is for Windows 7.

How to Batch Rename Multiple Files in Windows

You can not change the default naming on the phone. Changing the date would prevent some things from working, maybe even your phone.

garym123, Jun 17, 2017
  3. RDrewD2 Win User
    How to select photos and give them the same name?

Easiest way to "batch rename" pictures is to do it from your pictures folder in file explorer; skip the photos app for that.
    See the "Windows Explorer" method in the first part of this article, I think this is what you're going for:

How to Batch Rename Multiple Files in Windows

RDrewD2, Jun 17, 2017
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Renaming in batch pictures based to tags

XNView --- (Batch) Rename >> Insert >> EXIF - Camera >> Date Modified >> Y-M-D_h-m-s

pyramid10, Jun 17, 2017
  5. "Date modified" is the date of shooting the photo?

Pipppero2007, Jun 17, 2017
  6. pyramid10 Win User
    In terms of the drop-down menu options from EXIF-Camera, that is the only one date-related.

Directly below EXIF-Camera, there is EXIF-Image. Its drop-down menu options date-related include: date taken and date digitized.

Since XNView is a free software, one can play with the above options on image copies to see the renaming effects.

pyramid10, Jun 19, 2017
  7. Im going to install it.

Thank you.

Pipppero2007, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Renaming in batch pictures based to tags

1. Renaming in batch pictures based to tags - Similar Threads - Renaming batch pictures

2. batch rename files

in Windows 10 Support
    batch rename files: hello, id like to remove characters in file names... using cmd, ive been able to remove "." (the dot) and replace it with a space and but hopefully keep the extention id like bou.bou.bou.txt to be renamed to bou bou bou.txt i tried : ren *.*.??? * *.??? obviously i want to...
  3. Rename files in batch.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename files in batch.: Hi All.. I am having some files nearly 2000 in nos. in a particular folder. I just need to replace some portion. Is it possible that I can do it instantaneously.. if so please guide....Details are furnished below.Old file Name : P12478-12-71-41-1781-01.dwg...
  4. Batch Renaming photos

Batch Renaming photos: I have been renaming groups of photps but suddenly its not doing it the same way. What I am doing: 1. Control A to select all photos in the folder 2. Right clicking first photo and selecting “rename” 3. Typing title, i.e. “March 2019” then hitting return In the past,...
  5. Batch Rename in Powershell

Batch Rename in Powershell: I'm trying to rename all the image files in a folder by appending a 1- in front of each file name using this command: Dir Rename-Item -NewName {$_.name -replace "IMG_*.*","1-IMG_*.*"} A typical file name is IMG_0001-Wolf.jpg. I get the following error message for each...
  6. tagging pictures

tagging pictures: So i have just spent two hrs trying to complete 1 simple task on my windows 10 microsoft surface. I am accessing all my photos and videos via my seagate external harddrive. I open a video folder by date. I right click on a video and access "details" then "properties" I type...
  7. How to Batch Rename files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Batch Rename files ?: I have a lot of files i want to give names to. I already found a way to get names into a text I need. So all these names i have in text, i want to give to other files. How do i do this in a batch process ? Currently trying to learn FastStone Image viewer. Seems to be...
  8. Tag&Rename

Tag&Rename: hi i hope somebody is able to advise me ,ive downloaded the software,but when ive come to look for a title it come up with "Your OR6CGKPJ3EKNPQBPYJR2 is not registered as an Amazon Associate .Please register as an associate at...
  9. Tagged pictures

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Tagged pictures: How do I change the name on a tagged picture or move to correct tagged name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagged-pictures/056ba80b-36a0-416d-a3c6-7cfbe844d75a"
  10. Batch Append Mp3 Tags

Batch Append Mp3 Tags: Does anyone know of any software, or hack, or any other way that will allow me to batch append mp3 metadata tags to about 1000 mp3 files. There are 1000 songs, different titles, different artists, different genres. Lets say all of these are pop songs but for whatever...