Windows 10: Renaming Internet

Discus and support Renaming Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I rename my wifi network? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-internet/697fe6a0-13ba-4499-b03f-61944785e729 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackiePeck2, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Renaming Internet

how do I rename my wifi network? Thank you

:)

JackiePeck2, Sep 22, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Renaming Internet wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. amd5750m Win User
    rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Renaming Internet

Renaming the Computer...

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to rename the computer name as below and check if the issue persists.

Here’s how to rename the computer on Windows 10:

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar Search icon;
    • Search Rename this computer and click on the result;
    • Click Change;
    • Rename the computer and then click OK to save.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Renaming Internet

1. Renaming Internet - Similar Threads - Renaming Internet

2. Easy Guide: How Rename Your Printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Easy Guide: How Rename Your Printer in Windows 10: If you have multiple printers in your environment, whether at home or work, you can change the name to make it easy to find. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that...
  3. Bugreport: Windows 10 folder/file rename bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bugreport: Windows 10 folder/file rename bug: Running Windows 10 home 64 bit, When selecting multiple files, then clicking 'new folder', the files will still be marked. A field is shown of the new folder, where one can rename the folder. When doing so, all selected files get renamed to the folder name. Eg:, when the...
  4. User account somehow got renamed and now it requests a password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account somehow got renamed and now it requests a password.: I dis a fresh install of windows about a year ago, for which I chose to only use a local user account (my license is granted by my employer, and I don’t want my home and work accounts mixed up). Recently, the system started asking me for a password when I start the system...
  5. Renaming Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Renaming Files: I have a problem renaming files when it is labelled e.g. when a is labelled Password(3) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-files/e546899b-22b2-4d51-9f8d-e0fe6f527948
  6. How to Batch Rename files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Batch Rename files ?: I have a lot of files i want to give names to. I already found a way to get names into a text I need. So all these names i have in text, i want to give to other files. How do i do this in a batch process ? Currently trying to learn FastStone Image viewer. Seems to be...
  7. Windows Explorer crashes when renaming files with a certain extension, ignores attempts to...

Windows Explorer crashes when renaming files with a certain extension, ignores attempts to...: I'm currently facing a problem in Windows 10 where any files with the extension .ogg completely lock up in Explorer. This only started recently, and I was able to handle these files completely normally until then. If I try to rename them, Explorer freezes and I have to...
  8. PC name incorrect in ADUC after beign renamed

PC name incorrect in ADUC after beign renamed: One of our newer workstations was installed with 1903 version because 1809 just didn't turn out well. I had to rename it later on and somehow on ADUC it still shows as the old name on the computer list. The properties section shows the new name for DHS and computer name, but...
  9. Renaming the user folder under c:\users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renaming the user folder under c:\users: Hi all. As a user who's part of a domain, my user folder under C:\Users is very long and this is disturbing when I use Bash (WSL). the folder is first.last.domainName and that's too long. Ideally, I just want my user folder to be my first.last name without the domain name...
  10. internet renaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    internet renaming: how do I rename an internet network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-renaming/3468ee8f-f8ef-4d5e-a681-bdc6a241e0bc