Windows 10: Renaming Multiple Desktops

Discus and support Renaming Multiple Desktops in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know this has already been raised, I still fail to see the hardship for "the computer company" to enable users to rename their extra desktops to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RupeSutton, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Renaming Multiple Desktops

I know this has already been raised, I still fail to see the hardship for "the computer company" to enable users to rename their extra desktops to whatever they wish. The computer company should have this feature already, the other computer company does and so does the other computer company, so why does this computer company insist on doing everything "THEIR" way instead of listening to users actually using the computer company's software / OS / Apps who probably use it far more often.

This computer company should follow by example instead of attempting to lead the other computer company(s) who are in my opinion way ahead of this computer company.

Its not nice is it? You have no idea what I am demonstrating here do you?

The Computer Company - Microsoft - has a name

Other Computer Company - Apple - has a name

Other Computer Company - Linux - has a name (not really a company) but still has a name

....and so on

maybe you get the point now???????

For a developer this would probably take about three minutes to develop.......so come on do what we guys pay you for.....I mean as a user we do pay for the privilege of using your software / OS / Apps so actually you are not completing your side of the deal, "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT" that is the deal in business, I had to reiterate that in case you have LOST TRACK of how you got where you are - via the consumer i.e. users like me.

Thank you, although I am 99.999% positive that a real person will not even read this.......how sad

:)

RupeSutton, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

My Downloads Renamed Itself to Desktop

Hi Matt,

To rename the folder back to Downloads, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Open Local Disk (CRenaming Multiple Desktops :).
    • Open Users.
    • Open the folder of the user profile you are experiencing this issue in.
    • Rename the second Desktop icon you see as Downloads.
    • Close File Explorer then reopen it.
    • Check if the Downloads folder has been renamed successfully.

Let us know if this resolves the problem.

Ruz San, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Allow users to rename desktops

Just a suggestion to people who may be able to do something: In the new windows 10 update, Microsoft allowed you to have multiple desktops for doing different things at once, while staying organized. One nice touch to add would be to allow users to rename
    their desktops (one for GAMES, one for WORK, etc.) it's not a lifesaver but it would be useful for people who are not familiar with your layout or to keep even yourself a little more organized.

the tek guy, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Renaming Multiple Desktops

Windows 10 desktop renamed "downloads"

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

How did you exactly change the default folder for downloads to desktop? Is it through Internet explorer/through any other source?

As the issue started after setting the default folder for downloads to desktop, I suggest you to change the default folder for downloads to Download folder. (Follow the same procedure as you have did to change the default folder for downloads
    to desktop)

You may try this steps and check if you are able to rename the folders names for desktop and downloads.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows explorer.

• Click on This pc on the left navigation pane.

• Open the drive where Windows 10 is installed. (Ex: open C:/ drive if the Windows 10 is installed in c drive)

• Click on Users and select
      user name
      . (user name is the user you have logged in to the computer at present)

• Right click on Downloads folder and click on
      Rename and change to Desktop. (Do the same step for the Desktop folder also)

You may try to reset the view settings of the folders and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer.

• Click on the This PC on the left navigation pane.

• Click on the View tab at the top of the File explorer window.

• Click on Options and select
      Change folder and search options

• Navigate to the View tab in folder options window.

• Click on Reset Folders. (Click on Yes if any dialog box prompted)

• You may click on Restore defaults
      to restore the default settings for the folder.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Renaming Multiple Desktops

1. Renaming Multiple Desktops - Similar Threads - Renaming Multiple Desktops

2. Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.: in Windows 11, if I select three or so files on the desktop, rightclick and select rename, the number in parenthesis does not follow the selection order of the files but is in a random order. I am constantly renaming camera video files and I always have to renumber them...
  3. Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.: in Windows 11, if I select three or so files on the desktop, rightclick and select rename, the number in parenthesis does not follow the selection order of the files but is in a random order. I am constantly renaming camera video files and I always have to renumber them...
  4. Rename multiple files at once

Rename multiple files at once: Greetings,I have the following situation:I need to rename a lot really a lot of files, that were named without using any standard. So, I am doing this manually, but it is taking too much time. So, I would like to know if there is any tool that I could use to help me on...
  5. Rename multiple files at once

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename multiple files at once: Greetings,I have the following situation:I need to rename a lot really a lot of files, that were named without using any standard. So, I am doing this manually, but it is taking too much time. So, I would like to know if there is any tool that I could use to help me on...
  6. Rename multiple files at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Renaming multiple files at once.

Renaming multiple files at once.: Hi Team,Is there a way to change the format in which multiple renaming is done?For example if i select 3 files and hit rename, currently it does them like this:"xx 1.yy""xx 2.yy""xx 3.yy"In my daily work it would help a lot if instead the renaming would be done like...
  8. Please enable renaming multiple desktops - SO VALUABLE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please enable renaming multiple desktops - SO VALUABLE: Like many most? all? I have multiple things going on in my job. I use multiple desktops. But, I'm forced to remember which desktop number I decided to use for each project. This is a constant pain in the butt. Every day. Over and over. I see lots of people asking for...
  9. Renaming Desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming Desktops: Like most students, I'm doing all online this quarter and I plan to separate out my stuff for classes into separate desktops for organization. I have no issue making separate desktops via the Windows button + tab but I am unable to rename them. The online guides have said to...
  10. Renaming desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Renaming desktop: At some point my desktop got renamed Temporary Burn Folder. How do I change it back to Desktop? Right clicking does not allow change name. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-desktop/9ad7eafb-534d-4db9-bad3-3def12c3bf88

Users found this page by searching for:

1. renaming Multiple desktops in windows 10