Windows 10: Renaming multiple files at once.

Discus and support Renaming multiple files at once. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Team,Is there a way to change the format in which multiple renaming is done?For example if i select 3 files and hit rename, currently it does them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mihai Badulescu, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Renaming multiple files at once.

Hi Team,Is there a way to change the format in which multiple renaming is done?For example if i select 3 files and hit rename, currently it does them like this:"xx 1.yy""xx 2.yy""xx 3.yy"In my daily work it would help a lot if instead the renaming would be done like this:"xx1.yy""xx2.yy""xx3.yy"Thank you in advance,Mihai Badulescu

:)

Mihai Badulescu, Mar 7, 2022

2. Rename multiple files in windows 10

Hello,

This is Sudha Independent Advisor and user like you. Please follow below steps to solve your issue

Method 1: Rename multiple files using the Tab key

File Explorer (previously known as the Windows Explorer) is a place where you can find all the folders and files that are available at different locations on your PC.

To rename multiple files using the Tab Key, follow these steps:

1. Open the File Explorer either from the taskbar or the desktop.

2. Open the folder whose files you want to rename.

3. Select the first file.

4. Press the F2 key to rename it. Your file name will be selected.

Note: If your F2 key performs some other function also, then press the combination of the Fn + F2 key.

Note: You can also perform the above step by right-clicking on the first file and selecting the rename option. The file name will be selected.

5. Type the new name you want to give to that file.

6. Click on the Tab button so that the new name will be saved and the cursor will automatically move to the next file to rename.

So, by following the above method, you just have to type a new name for the file and press the Tab button and all the files will be renamed with their new names.

Method 2: Rename Multiple Files using Windows 10 File Explorer

To rename multiple files in bulk on Windows 10 PC, follow these steps:

Note: This method is applicable if you want the same file name structure for every file.

1. Open the File Explorer either from the taskbar or the desktop.

2. Open the folder whose files you want to rename.

3. Select all the files you want to rename.

4. If you want to rename all the files available in the folder, press the Ctrl + A key.

5. If you want to rename random files, click on the file you want to rename and press and hold the Ctrl key. Then, one by one, select the other files you want to rename and when all the files are selected, release the Ctrl button.

6. If you want to rename the files present inside a range, click on the first file of that range and press and hold the Shift key and then, select the last file of that range and when all files are selected, release the Shift key.

7. Press the F2 key to rename the files.

Note: If your F2 key performs some other function also, then press the combination of the Fn + F2 key.

8. Type the new name of your choice.

9. Hit the Enter key.

All the selected files will be renamed and all the files will have the same structure and name. However, to differentiate between these files, as now, all the files will have the same name, you will notice a number inside the parentheses after the name of the
    file. This number is different for each file which will help you in differentiating between these files. Example: New Image (1), New Image (2), etc.

Sudha Goswami, Mar 7, 2022
  3. Navje Win User
    Renaming a file into multiple different names

Hi,

I'll simplify question, I have one file that needs to be renamed and copied into multiple different names is there any batch in Windows 10 (OS build 18362.476) that I could use, I am also opened for any other suggestions?

Navje, Mar 7, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Renaming multiple files at once.

How to rename multiple sorted files while ignoring file extensions

Hi, suggest you play with this (or similar) - free for personal use, donationware.

Renaming multiple files at once. [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 7, 2022
Thema:

Renaming multiple files at once.

1. Renaming multiple files at once. - Similar Threads - Renaming multiple files

2. Rename multiple files at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rename multiple files at once: Greetings,I have the following situation:I need to rename a lot really a lot of files, that were named without using any standard. So, I am doing this manually, but it is taking too much time. So, I would like to know if there is any tool that I could use to help me on...
  3. Rename multiple files at once

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename multiple files at once: Greetings,I have the following situation:I need to rename a lot really a lot of files, that were named without using any standard. So, I am doing this manually, but it is taking too much time. So, I would like to know if there is any tool that I could use to help me on...
  4. Rename multiple files at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Rename multiple files in entire folder

Rename multiple files in entire folder: Hello, I have problem with renaming entire folder of photos in windows 11, when I select all and give the first file a name then I hit enter, it gives every two files same exact name until it reaches to file No. 4 then starts to give different for each one, but it should give...
  6. Renaming multiple files at once.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Renaming multiple files at once.: Hi Team,Is there a way to change the format in which multiple renaming is done?For example if i select 3 files and hit rename, currently it does them like this:"xx 1.yy""xx 2.yy""xx 3.yy"In my daily work it would help a lot if instead the renaming would be done like...
  7. Renaming multiple files at once.

Renaming multiple files at once.: Hi Team,Is there a way to change the format in which multiple renaming is done?For example if i select 3 files and hit rename, currently it does them like this:"xx 1.yy""xx 2.yy""xx 3.yy"In my daily work it would help a lot if instead the renaming would be done like...
  8. Change permission for multiple files at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change permission for multiple files at once: Currently I have a folder for Google Drive with all my cloud files downloaded to it. Google Drive, however, always reverts my custom icons to the default ones for some reason. The solution I found was to give all desktop.ini files inside the folders read permission only, that...
  9. Change permission for multiple files at once

Change permission for multiple files at once: Currently I have a folder for Google Drive with all my cloud files downloaded to it. Google Drive, however, always reverts my custom icons to the default ones for some reason. The solution I found was to give all desktop.ini files inside the folders read permission only, that...
  10. File explorer not opening multiple files at once.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer not opening multiple files at once.: For some reason, when I try to open 45 files at once, it does nothing. Somehow I was able to do this with over 100 files but I forgot how I managed to do that. They all have the same program and same file extension .mesh. It's supposed to open with a converter program....