Windows 10: Renaming mutiple files in bulk to remove unwanted extension type

Discus and support Renaming mutiple files in bulk to remove unwanted extension type in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the OP thread for this same topic is closed, I'm asking in a new thread as for clarification. From what I understand Keith A. Miller is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Radward, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Radward Win User

Renaming mutiple files in bulk to remove unwanted extension type

Since the OP thread for this same topic is closed, I'm asking in a new thread as for clarification. From what I understand Keith A. Miller is explaining, the base command is: gci 'pathtodirectory*.unwantedextension' -recurse ren -NewName {$_.BaseName} The strikethrough's are the variables, changing as needed per specific usage per user, correct?

:)

Radward, Jun 28, 2022

2. Bulk delete file extensions

Are you wanting to rename files in a way that removes their extension?

Where are you seeing these extensions?

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Jun 28, 2022
  3. I have mutiple files with extensions -Layout1. Does anyone know how to batch remove the extension? Thanks.

Here you go:

1. Open Windows Explorer.
    2. Navigate to the folder to be treated.
    3. Press Ctrl+L
    4. Type this command:

cmd /c ren *.Layout1 *.

Frederik Long, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Renaming mutiple files in bulk to remove unwanted extension type

How to change File Extension on Multiple Files

I have a bulk loader for CAD files into PTC Windchill, when validating the relationships are valid between the various files it will put a .quarantee extension to allow those that are good to continue to be processed.

Once I resolve the issue with the quarantee file I can then process once I remove the .quarantee extension that was added to the original file name.

I would like to bulk remove the .quarantee extension so I don't have to rename each file manually.

David Cutter, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Renaming mutiple files in bulk to remove unwanted extension type

1. Renaming mutiple files in bulk to remove unwanted extension type - Similar Threads - Renaming mutiple files

2. Renaming mutiple files in bulk to remove unwanted extension type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming mutiple files in bulk to remove unwanted extension type: Since the OP thread for this same topic is closed, I'm asking in a new thread as for clarification. From what I understand Keith A. Miller is explaining, the base command is: gci 'pathtodirectory*.unwantedextension' -recurse ren -NewName {$_.BaseName} The strikethrough's are...
  3. Renaming mutiple files in bulk to remove unwanted extension type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Renaming mutiple files in bulk to remove unwanted extension type: Since the OP thread for this same topic is closed, I'm asking in a new thread as for clarification. From what I understand Keith A. Miller is explaining, the base command is: gci 'pathtodirectory*.unwantedextension' -recurse ren -NewName {$_.BaseName} The strikethrough's are...
  4. Bulk Folder Renaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bulk Folder Renaming: Is there a command or program I can use to rename multiple folders at once by entering the locations? Example: From: C:\abcd\Folder C:\efgh\Folder C:\ijkl\Folder To: C:\abcd\abcd C:\efgh\efgh C:\ijkl\ijkl submitted by /u/theblake1980 [link] [comments]...
  5. PowerToys - Bulk Rename

PowerToys - Bulk Rename: Hello, I have a ton of video files I need to rename. I found out that there is a bulkRenamer in PowerToys, so I downloaded and installed it; however, I'm not certain if it would work in this current use-case. See the screenshot. Most of my videos are like this. (or some...
  6. Option for renaming a bulk of files

Option for renaming a bulk of files: Hello, can anyone hint me how to restore windows 7 function of one-click file renaming of duplicate files while copying on windows 10? The results seem to be buried. submitted by /u/JoeRig [link] [comments]...
  7. Bulk delete file extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bulk delete file extensions: I have a large number of additional, unnecessary file extensions that need to be removed. Tried regedit to no avail. any help would be appreciated. ta. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bulk-delete-file-extensions/a7c5f7ab-5ea2-4652-8189-d72783c7809e"
  8. File Extension and file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Extension and file type: Recently I came to know the in some directories, all my file type and extension are changed to CAAVME File (.caavme). When I open, its not opening. There is a file in every directory with the name "CAAVME-DECRYPT" and it contents: ---= GANDCRAB V5.0.4 =---...
  9. bulk file renaming (intention is to shorten filenames)

in Windows 10 Support
    bulk file renaming (intention is to shorten filenames): basically l have over 50 files that lm unable to download to the location l wish to on my laptop (each file is about a gig), however their filenames are quite long which leads me to the 255 character limit. my intention was to originally use winscp to batch rename but lm not...
  10. Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name: Employee just got a new computer with Windows 10 and has several files that were copied over from another computer that have a % sign in the names. Don't ask me how. She has to rename them. Is there a way to change the % to an underscore in all the files at one time? Thank...