Windows 10: Renaming New Folders in Windows Explorer Fails - Appears to be a timeout issue

Discus and support Renaming New Folders in Windows Explorer Fails - Appears to be a timeout issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, This problem has been driving me mad for around a year. I am an astro-photograper with large numbers of images that I file in folders which include... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Midnight_lightning, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Renaming New Folders in Windows Explorer Fails - Appears to be a timeout issue

Hi, This problem has been driving me mad for around a year. I am an astro-photograper with large numbers of images that I file in folders which include date and target details in the name - typically something like "2021-09-06 M31 Andromeda Galaxy". The problem occurs when I create a new folder and start typing the name, invariably before I get to the end of typing the name the folder name closes and reverts to "New Folder". I suspect this is a time-out issue and it occurs on all of my Windows PCs and Laptops which are always kept up to date with updates, including after a fresh install - it i

:)

Midnight_lightning, Sep 5, 2021
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Renaming New Folders in Windows Explorer Fails - Appears to be a timeout issue wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Sep 5, 2021
  3. How to rename a folder in Windows 10 Windows Explorer?

In Windows Explorer when a New Folder is created it can not be renamed without closing Windows Explorer first. This problem has only appeared in the last month. Before then if a new folder was created it could be renamed at the time of creation. When trying
    to download or save a new file this is a problem as I have to stop the download or new file save until the extra steps are taken.

JamesMcClure419, Sep 5, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Renaming New Folders in Windows Explorer Fails - Appears to be a timeout issue

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

Renaming New Folders in Windows Explorer Fails - Appears to be a timeout issue

1. Renaming New Folders in Windows Explorer Fails - Appears to be a timeout issue - Similar Threads - Renaming Folders Explorer

2. Filenaming Timeout Issue Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Filenaming Timeout Issue Windows Explorer: When Renaming Files/Folders in WE there is a timout issue whereby the file string is deselected before enough time has elapsed to rename the file.This is incredibly tedious and time consuming as it often takes several attempts to rename a file in short bursts with a few...
  3. Filenaming Timeout Issue Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Filenaming Timeout Issue Windows Explorer: When Renaming Files/Folders in WE there is a timout issue whereby the file string is deselected before enough time has elapsed to rename the file.This is incredibly tedious and time consuming as it often takes several attempts to rename a file in short bursts with a few...
  4. Filenaming Timeout Issue Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list

renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list: I have the same issue as one shown beforeIn W11 File explorer, when I select a folder in the list on the left and right click and select the More Options and click on Rename, the highlighted folder to be renamed, does one of two things, it either 1 - jumps to another folder,...
  6. Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer

Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer: I am using Windows File Explorer, Windows 10 Pro on a PC. I am trying to add a new sub-folder to an existing folder. As I type the sub-folder name it exits, leaving only one or 2 characters of the name. If I try to rename, the legacy text flashes blue so I can't overtype it....
  7. Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer: I am using Windows File Explorer, Windows 10 Pro on a PC. I am trying to add a new sub-folder to an existing folder. As I type the sub-folder name it exits, leaving only one or 2 characters of the name. If I try to rename, the legacy text flashes blue so I can't overtype it....
  8. Problem renaming folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. New folders now appearing in Win Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New folders now appearing in Win Explorer: This has happened a lot over the years, not as frequently as it does now though. Pretty straight forward issue, when I create a folder it will not appear until I refresh the window. Same with renaming the folders, I have to refresh the thing to get it to appear. Any ideas...
  10. Explorer Freezes Temporarily When Creating a New or Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Freezes Temporarily When Creating a New or Renaming a Folder: This has been happening recently. I can't say it is or is not related to the Anniversary Update. But when I create a new folder or rename an existing folder, the folder box will freeze for 30-60 seconds. Sometimes it will then function as normal, sometimes it will require me...