Windows 10: Renaming PC in Windows 10 does not work

Discus and support Renaming PC in Windows 10 does not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm new to Windows 10 and renamed my new PC in Settings - System - Device Specifications last September 15th, which is easy enough. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lolo Marie, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Renaming PC in Windows 10 does not work

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Windows 10 and renamed my new PC in Settings - System - Device Specifications last September 15th, which is easy enough. It then said right after renaming it that the change would take effect after restart. It's been 3 days now, with many restarts having been effected, but the PC name does not change ! Would anyone know what the problem is ?

One thousand thanks for your feedback, this is not a major problem but I'm really finding this annoying !

:)

Lolo Marie, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 17, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Renaming PC in Windows 10 does not work

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Renaming PC in Windows 10 does not work

1. Renaming PC in Windows 10 does not work - Similar Threads - Renaming does

2. Windows 11 Rename button does not respond to first click on Desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Rename button does not respond to first click on Desktop shortcuts: When I right click on a Windows 11 Desktop shortcut and click the Rename button in the context menu that opens, nothing happens. It is only on the second try that I can rename the shortcut....
  3. Windows 11 Rename button does not respond to first click on Desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Rename button does not respond to first click on Desktop shortcuts: When I right click on a Windows 11 Desktop shortcut and click the Rename button in the context menu that opens, nothing happens. It is only on the second try that I can rename the shortcut....
  4. Why does Windows 11 move desktop icons to the left when I rename them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 move desktop icons to the left when I rename them?: Hello,a previous thread was locked without solution, why? Why is it locked if unsolved?https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-11-move-desktop-icons-to-the-left/dcefa0e6-7dbd-46e4-9bcf-e2a73f999917I have the same problem with Windows 11, icons...
  5. Why does Windows 11 move desktop icons to the left when I rename them?

Why does Windows 11 move desktop icons to the left when I rename them?: Hello,a previous thread was locked without solution, why? Why is it locked if unsolved?https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-11-move-desktop-icons-to-the-left/dcefa0e6-7dbd-46e4-9bcf-e2a73f999917I have the same problem with Windows 11, icons...
  6. Windows 11 still does not show Cut Rename Delete options for Files in the SD card used in...

Windows 11 still does not show Cut Rename Delete options for Files in the SD card used in...: I have a SD card used in Canon EOS camera.The card is not locked. It is in read write mode.I can read and copy files in file explorer of my windows 11 Laptop which is up to date. When i Right click on a file this what i get .. No options to delete rename or cutEven Screenshot...
  7. Windows 11 still does not show Cut Rename Delete options for Files in the SD card used in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 still does not show Cut Rename Delete options for Files in the SD card used in...: I have a SD card used in Canon EOS camera.The card is not locked. It is in read write mode.I can read and copy files in file explorer of my windows 11 Laptop which is up to date. When i Right click on a file this what i get...
  8. Why and How does task when middle of file copying or multi-renaming matter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why and How does task when middle of file copying or multi-renaming matter?: Can I take screen recording when 1. it's in middle of file copy? Even if directory involved with the recorded video is totally different place with the copying task involved?2. it's in renaming, such as multi-renaming task on total commander or powertoys? Of course, the place...
  9. Why and How does task when middle of file copying or multi-renaming matter?

Why and How does task when middle of file copying or multi-renaming matter?: Can I take screen recording when 1. it's in middle of file copy? Even if directory involved with the recorded video is totally different place with the copying task involved?2. it's in renaming, such as multi-renaming task on total commander or powertoys? Of course, the place...
  10. Why and How does task when middle of file copying or multi-renaming matter?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rename pc not working

2. windows 10 rename this pc not working

3. problem renaming pc

4. renaming pc wont work,
  5. windows 10 rename pc doesnt work,
  6. win 10 rename this pc doesnt work,
  7. windows 10 rename this pc doesnt work,
  8. rename does not work in windows 10,
  9. does renaming pc break?,
  10. problems renaming pc in windows 10,
  11. rename this pc not working