Windows 10: Renaming Photos Issue

Discus and support Renaming Photos Issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to rename photos allowing Windows Explorer to file in order. So, selecting all photos in my folder and then right clicking and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by stephenhunt5, May 1, 2020.

1. Renaming Photos Issue

Hi,

I am trying to rename photos allowing Windows Explorer to file in order. So, selecting all photos in my folder and then right clicking and

renaming, for example.

France 1

this then renames all photos, France 2, France 3, etc.

However upon doing this I get double ups. For example France 1, France 1, France 2, France 3, France 3, France 4 etc

It is driving me crazy as I then have photos named the same and I have to go back and individually rename.

If anyone can please assist as I have tried to find answers and am getting nowhere, everything just tells me how to rename but not

explain troubleshooting when renaming. I have JPG files that are sorted in date order and its still not working.

Look forward to some help, thanks in advance. :

:)

stephenhunt5, May 1, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

when i try to right click to rename a photo in windows 10 the option is not there

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open the Photo App.
    • Click on photo.
    • Right click on the photo.
    • Select open the folder.
    • Right click on the photo and select rename.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 1, 2020
  3. renaming photos imported into windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• Are you trying to rename the photos through file explorer?

• Do you receive any error message when you try to rename the photos?

If you are trying to rename the photos before being imported to Windows 10, please be informed that you will have to first import the photos and then rename it later. I would suggest you to try renaming the photos through file explorer by following
    the steps below and check if fit helps.

1. Press Windows key + E to open file explorer.

2. Click “this pc” on the left pane.

3. Open the folder/drive where the photos are located.

4. Right click on the photo which you would like to rename and select ‘rename”.

Also, refer the help article posted by Andre Da costa on how to import photos in Windows 10 for reference

Complete Guide to Importing Your Photos in Windows 10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, May 1, 2020
  4. Renaming Photos Issue

when i try to right click to rename a photo in windows 10 the option is not there

But I've tried that and the only options are, share, delete copy

sandrakelly_580, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Renaming Photos Issue

1. Renaming Photos Issue - Similar Threads - Renaming Photos Issue

2. SharePoint Renaming Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SharePoint Renaming Issue: Hello,I've had this issue at multiple companies. It's not the end of the world, but it's incredibly frustrating as someone who works in HR and is saving/renaming multiple files each day.I have share point folders synced to the folder explorer. When dragging emails, PDFs, word...
  3. SharePoint Renaming Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SharePoint Renaming Issue: Hello,I've had this issue at multiple companies. It's not the end of the world, but it's incredibly frustrating as someone who works in HR and is saving/renaming multiple files each day.I have share point folders synced to the folder explorer. When dragging emails, PDFs, word...
  4. rename photos and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rename photos and videos: Is it possible to rename photos and video in sequence? What I get is: picture 1001, video 1001 instead: picture 1001, video 1002. Can you help, please. Windows 10...
  5. rename photos and videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rename photos and videos: Is it possible to rename photos and video in sequence? What I get is: picture 1001, video 1001 instead: picture 1001, video 1002. Can you help, please. Windows 10...
  6. rename photos and videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Renaming Photos in MY Pictures

Renaming Photos in MY Pictures: I went to rename a picture and somehow all my pictures were renamed the same. Can this be reversed? I called Dell Tech and they did a Go Back but it did not fix back to my original names of the photos. Now have 351 photos all named the same thing* Moved from Internet Explorer...
  8. Batch Renaming photos

Batch Renaming photos: I have been renaming groups of photps but suddenly its not doing it the same way. What I am doing: 1. Control A to select all photos in the folder 2. Right clicking first photo and selecting “rename” 3. Typing title, i.e. “March 2019” then hitting return In the past,...
  9. Renaming Photos

Renaming Photos: Hi, Have just been writing with Dave121. For some reason wouldn't allow me to respond to your last 2 responses. Just wanted to say thanks so much for the info, really appreciative. Also just wanting to know now is there a quick way of renaming all file extensions to...
  10. Cannot rename a photo

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot rename a photo: After downloading to desktop, I attempt to rename a photo file. Win10 not up to the task. This has happened repeatedly and I don't understand what's going on. Today after many attempts (rt clk on file - nothing happens), I thought if I rebooted it would clear out the problem....