Windows 10: Renaming Photos

Discus and support Renaming Photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Have just been writing with Dave121. For some reason wouldn't allow me to respond to your last 2 responses. Just wanted to say thanks so much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stephenhunt5, May 1, 2020.

1. Renaming Photos

Hi,

Have just been writing with Dave121. For some reason wouldn't allow me to respond to your last 2 responses. Just wanted to

say thanks so much for the info, really appreciative.

Also just wanting to know now is there a quick way of renaming all file extensions to be either JPG or JPEG, as there are a random

number in each folder And renaming individually would be quite time consuming, before then renaming the photos themselves.

Look forward to hearing from you, thanks

:)

stephenhunt5, May 1, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

when i try to right click to rename a photo in windows 10 the option is not there

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open the Photo App.
    • Click on photo.
    • Right click on the photo.
    • Select open the folder.
    • Right click on the photo and select rename.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 1, 2020
  3. Trouble renaming photos and files

Hi,

- Are you using Photo app to rename the photos?

- Did you try renaming the photos directly from File explorer?

- Do you get any message?

I suggest you to rename photos from File Explorer and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to rename photo from File Explorer:

1. Right click on the start menu and select File Explorer.

2. Click on pictures present on the left side of the page.

3. Right on the picture you want to rename and select the option rename.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, May 1, 2020
  4. Renaming Photos

renaming photos imported into windows 10

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• Are you trying to rename the photos through file explorer?

• Do you receive any error message when you try to rename the photos?

If you are trying to rename the photos before being imported to Windows 10, please be informed that you will have to first import the photos and then rename it later. I would suggest you to try renaming the photos through file explorer by following
    the steps below and check if fit helps.

1. Press Windows key + E to open file explorer.

2. Click “this pc” on the left pane.

3. Open the folder/drive where the photos are located.

4. Right click on the photo which you would like to rename and select ‘rename”.

Also, refer the help article posted by Andre Da costa on how to import photos in Windows 10 for reference

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-windows/d8258fff-729e-45df-8afd-1f1195d7b6c5

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Renaming Photos

1. Renaming Photos - Similar Threads - Renaming Photos

2. How do I get the MS Photos app to automatically rename after I edit a photo and use "save...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the MS Photos app to automatically rename after I edit a photo and use "save...: The new MS Photos app does not add the 2 automatically after the name when I "save as copy." I am required to rename the new file manually. Is there a setting to make my edits automatically rename or is the new MS Photos app worthless to handle large numbers of photos?...
  3. How do I get the MS Photos app to automatically rename after I edit a photo and use "save...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the MS Photos app to automatically rename after I edit a photo and use "save...: The new MS Photos app does not add the 2 automatically after the name when I "save as copy." I am required to rename the new file manually. Is there a setting to make my edits automatically rename or is the new MS Photos app worthless to handle large numbers of photos?...
  4. How do I get the MS Photos app to automatically rename after I edit a photo and use "save...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. why in the world can't I delete or rename photos since the latest update? This happens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why in the world can't I delete or rename photos since the latest update? This happens...: Since the last update of Windows 10, I cannot delete nor rename a photo. This is an ongoing problem with updates. With every update for the past two years I lose some functionality or a down loaded program. When I re-install the program it works ok. On another PC which my...
  6. why in the world can't I delete or rename photos since the latest update? This happens...

why in the world can't I delete or rename photos since the latest update? This happens...: Since the last update of Windows 10, I cannot delete nor rename a photo. This is an ongoing problem with updates. With every update for the past two years I lose some functionality or a down loaded program. When I re-install the program it works ok. On another PC which my...
  7. why in the world can't I delete or rename photos since the latest update? This happens...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. When I rename a photo in windows, the photo no longer appears?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I rename a photo in windows, the photo no longer appears?: I have downloaded photos in my "pictures" file, and when I rename them, suddenly I can no longer view the photo, there is just icon there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-rename-a-photo-in-windows-the-photo-no/696e2b36-0e2b-4aaa-9484-3cbbe6ad0d03
  9. When I rename a photo in windows, the photo no longer appears?

When I rename a photo in windows, the photo no longer appears?: I have downloaded photos in my "pictures" file, and when I rename them, suddenly I can no longer view the photo, there is just icon there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-rename-a-photo-in-windows-the-photo-no/696e2b36-0e2b-4aaa-9484-3cbbe6ad0d03
  10. Help? Explorer shrunk my photos to thumbnail size and renamed them.

Help? Explorer shrunk my photos to thumbnail size and renamed them.: I somehow messed up an entire folder of photos. They were given all one name. Worse yet, they have been all shrunk down to thumbnail size kb. Is there any way to fix this?...