Windows 10: renaming pic files in folder.

Discus and support renaming pic files in folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Various numbers and letters. This was easy with a simple right click on each pic and insert saved name+ 0 2,3,4,5,6. Now the operation is predicting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarryChoules, Aug 15, 2020.

1. renaming pic files in folder.

Various numbers and letters. This was easy with a simple right click on each pic and insert saved name+ 0 2,3,4,5,6. Now the operation is predicting and inserting and duplicating???

Thus needing more and more reworking - Why?

:)

HarryChoules, Aug 15, 2020

2. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Renaming local files and folders issue

Hi,

To further assist you with renaming local files and folders, we suggest for you to check this

link
    and see the steps which has the marked as answer.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 15, 2020
  4. renaming pic files in folder.

Renaming the users folders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You are trying to rename the User folder, which can’t be done through the File explorer. Whatever user name you use of your User account, user account folder will have same name. You can rename the Subfolder of the User account folder but not User
    account folder.

If you want rename the User account folder, change user account name using the suggestion

Lets’ refer to these steps to rename the User account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Control Panel, click on User Accounts.
    • Click on User account, then click on “Change your account name
    • If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on
      Yes.
    • Enter the new user name.
    • Click on change name.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

renaming pic files in folder.

1. renaming pic files in folder. - Similar Threads - renaming pic files

2. renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list: I have the same issue as one shown beforeIn W11 File explorer, when I select a folder in the list on the left and right click and select the More Options and click on Rename, the highlighted folder to be renamed, does one of two things, it either 1 - jumps to another folder,...
  3. Renaming one folder renamed many other files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming one folder renamed many other files?: I made a new folder on my desktop today, and when I renamed it, it gave me some error pop-up (that I forgot to take a screenshot of), and when I dismissed it, many other files and apps on my desktop got renamed as well. I do not remember selecting any files on my desktop...
  4. File Folder rename bug?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Folder rename bug?: Dear all,Is this a bug or not?Have you ever tried to rename a file/folder and get this annoying behavior from Windows 10? See description below:Step 1: Select the file/folderStep 2: Press F2 or right-click on it and select "rename". Windows 10 highlights the whole name in...
  5. Renaming folders and files

Renaming folders and files: File folders and documents won't rename without refreshing. New folder won't appear without refreshing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-folders-and-files/d173a7c3-230a-4a92-b71b-bb8308c3730d
  6. Recover Lost Folders, files and pics

Recover Lost Folders, files and pics: I lost all my files and folders and pics when I had to reset my pc to factory condition how do I get them all back without back ups? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-lost-folders-files-and-pics/8f089811-f6e9-497a-b723-dd9b7b404333"
  7. Rename of files and folders in Offline Folders

Rename of files and folders in Offline Folders: Hi, I have a client who uses offline files on a laptop and has Windows 10, version 1803. He is not able to rename any of the files or folders under his redirected Users folder, which is set to use offline files. I have checked permissions and there are no issues there....
  8. Rename file folder

Rename file folder: When I am trying to rename a number of files. I can do one and then for the next ones the program says the file is in use and cannot be changed. It is not in use anywhere. In order to rename, I have to close right out of File Explorer and then go back in and rename one file...
  9. Unable to rename files and folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to rename files and folders: I have a w10 Pro 64 bit PC and for whatever reason today this machine has decided it wont let me rename files or folders. I built this PC a few months back and it has been operating flawlessly, except now this. When I go to rename a file or folder I get "if you change a file...
  10. Cant rename files/folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant rename files/folders: Hi everyone, i've installed W10 x64 today.. In the file explorer I can't rename any file or folder.. F2 not work, right click/rename don't work, and single left click over the name file/folder don't work.. The only that works is right click, properties, and change the name...