Windows 10: Renaming/save file issue

Discus and support Renaming/save file issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Im currently doing a mass rename of approximately 30k+ files, sometimes (feels random) it will follow the folder I saved to its save location. (ex: all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NumerousNumber8018, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Renaming/save file issue

Im currently doing a mass rename of approximately 30k+ files, sometimes (feels random) it will follow the folder I saved to its save location. (ex: all my files are labeled with Z so they are at the bottom and when I rename hit enter (double enter due to same name mainly happens when stacking same names) it will follow that file to its destination be it wherever then I have to manually use my mouse to scroll all the way back down to where I need to be. Any way to turn this off completely so I will always stay at the files that need to be renamed and keep using my macro so I dont ever have to touch my mouse?

submitted by /u/NumerousNumber8018
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NumerousNumber8018, Feb 2, 2021

2. Renaming local files and folders issue

Hi,

To further assist you with renaming local files and folders, we suggest for you to check this

link
    and see the steps which has the marked as answer.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Renaming/save file issue

Renaming the Computer...

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to rename the computer name as below and check if the issue persists.

Here’s how to rename the computer on Windows 10:

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar Search icon;
    • Search Rename this computer and click on the result;
    • Click Change;
    • Rename the computer and then click OK to save.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Renaming/save file issue

1. Renaming/save file issue - Similar Threads - Renaming save file

2. Is there a way to auto rename files when saving down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to auto rename files when saving down?: If I have a folder named ABLG. And ive saved down files in this folder as ABLG_1 sequentially. I am tired of manually renaming files to the next sequential when i save them down. Is there a way to just save a file to this folder and gave windows auto rename the file to the...
  3. Windows 11: Can't rename on or save files to SanDisk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Can't rename on or save files to SanDisk: I just updated to Windows 11 and can no longer rename files on SanDisk or save files to SanDisk. SanDisk is plugged into computer using a USB converter. I understand about the change in format for rename, but I don't have the icons at the top of the pop up when I right click....
  4. Windows 11: Can't rename on or save files to SanDisk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Can't rename on or save files to SanDisk: I just updated to Windows 11 and can no longer rename files on SanDisk or save files to SanDisk. SanDisk is plugged into computer using a USB converter. I understand about the change in format for rename, but I don't have the icons at the top of the pop up when I right click....
  5. File Titling/Renaming Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Titling/Renaming Issue: I have recently encountered an issue when downloading images and PDFs from websites. I have tried Edge and Chrome; both browsers are up to date, as is Windows 10 Pro. It will not allow me to save anything over 15 characters long. Further, if I adjust the file name to 15...
  6. Photoshop file save issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photoshop file save issue: submitted by /u/NV7X [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jscfrs/photoshop_file_save_issue/
  7. Cannot save or rename files in my Seagate External Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot save or rename files in my Seagate External Drive: I'm trying to transfer files from my computer to my Seagate external drive. It gives me a message that I don't have administrator access to this drive. I execute all procedures in this forum: 1 Change the driver owner to my user 2 Give the RWD access to my user - Whe I do...
  8. File save as issue

in Windows 10 Support
    File save as issue: When I want to save a document for instance in the Document folder, I get a window showing the files 1st and then the folders non of which are in abc order. I have Word 2013.Help please. 148040
  9. After Update , Folder/File Rename issue

in Windows 10 Support
    After Update , Folder/File Rename issue: Hello, My windows 10 just got an update for v1709, after that, Got an issue , Rename folder/file command is not working in any drive (HDD also USB) , but on desktop/userfolder its working fine. i searched google but got no solutions regarding this, everyone is asking...
  10. Issue with renaming files under picures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with renaming files under picures folder: Hi there whilst trying to rename a "new folder" I would start typing and then a few letters into the name it will throw me off the new folder icon and take me back to the top of the page with the "new folder" un touched. Same issue in pictures folder on desktop hard drive....