Windows 10: Renaming This PC (aka My Computer)

Discus and support Renaming This PC (aka My Computer) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to use a different name instead of This PC so that in the path it looks like (new name)>Local Drive>... How can I edit it and is it safe?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by decimus, Nov 10, 2019.

1. decimus Win User

Renaming This PC (aka My Computer)

I would like to use a different name instead of This PC so that in the path it looks like (new name)>Local Drive>... How can I edit it and is it safe?

:)

decimus, Nov 10, 2019

2. Renaming the Computer...

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to rename the computer name as below and check if the issue persists.

Here’s how to rename the computer on Windows 10:

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar Search icon;
    • Search Rename this computer and click on the result;
    • Click Change;
    • Rename the computer and then click OK to save.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 10, 2019
  3. amd5750m Win User
    rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Renaming This PC (aka My Computer)

Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Renaming This PC (aka My Computer)

1. Renaming This PC (aka My Computer) - Similar Threads - Renaming aka Computer

2. rename my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rename my computer: i want to rename my computer from ZZQWINKY TO LEHULU K https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-my-computer/2bd9ef45-7d6f-488d-8cbc-0a74eff7082d
  3. rename my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rename my computer: i want to rename my computer from ZZQWINKY TO LEHULU K https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-my-computer/2bd9ef45-7d6f-488d-8cbc-0a74eff7082d
  4. Rename Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rename Computer: I'm using Surface Laptop Go 2. I have my Microsoft account logged in. I want to rename my PC but the button is unclickable. I tried running administrator and restart but not thing change.Is there another way or maybe something needs to be checked?...
  5. Rename Computer

Rename Computer: I'm using Surface Laptop Go 2. I have my Microsoft account logged in. I want to rename my PC but the button is unclickable. I tried running administrator and restart but not thing change.Is there another way or maybe something needs to be checked?...
  6. Encrypt CPU aka PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypt CPU aka PC: How to Encrypt PC without BitLocker ? Windows 10 home version doesn’t have BitLocker and was wondering how to encrypt PC ? Also do you have to encrypt after you install me program ?...
  7. Encrypt CPU aka PC

Encrypt CPU aka PC: How to Encrypt PC without BitLocker ? Windows 10 home version doesn’t have BitLocker and was wondering how to encrypt PC ? Also do you have to encrypt after you install me program ?...
  8. Encrypt CPU aka PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. "This PC" renamed to "computer (1)"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This PC" renamed to "computer (1)": So out of nowhere typing in "this PC" has brought up the name "computer (1) Anyone know why this is and what I can do to revert it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-renamed-to-computer-1/4951e64b-1440-42bd-8bb4-cbe61c07a028
  10. Where is "File-Renamer" aka "Filerenamer"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is "File-Renamer" aka "Filerenamer": Just downloaded that helpful utility. Thx to DaveM121 and Vijay_Verma, but I can´t find its location. Where is it? Would like to have an icon of it on the desktop. [ATTACH]...