Windows 10: Renaming

Discus and support Renaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, When I press F2 on my main PC, it highlights the file name and when I press the left arrow key. It instantly moves to the beginning of the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lorvichia, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Lorvichia Win User

Renaming

Hi,

When I press F2 on my main PC, it highlights the file name and when I press the left arrow key. It instantly moves to the beginning of the file name.

But on my recently purchased Surface Pro, when I press F2 and then the left arrow key, it just moves left by one letter, not all the way to the beginning, like my main PC.

Any solution to this?

Thanks,

Regie.

:)

Lorvichia, Aug 8, 2019
  2. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Renaming the Computer...

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to rename the computer name as below and check if the issue persists.

Here’s how to rename the computer on Windows 10:

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar Search icon;
    • Search Rename this computer and click on the result;
    • Click Change;
    • Rename the computer and then click OK to save.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Renaming

Rename folders

Hi,

Failure to rename folders on your device may indicate a corrupted components preventing the renaming process to work properly. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which update have you recently done on your device?
    • Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.

In addition, we suggest that you replicate the concern while you're in the clean boot environment. To do this, follow the steps provided on this

support article
    and check if the issue persists. If not, proceed to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    topic to identify the error.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Renaming

1. Renaming - Similar Threads - Renaming

2. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  3. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  4. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names: Windows Defender finds several random named false infections on my Setup of my programmed software Renamer by EatMe. Program info page: http://eatme.pro/about-renamer direct download false infection http://eatme.pro/download/renamer-win10 .zip with SETUP that is detected...
  6. Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names

Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names: Windows Defender finds several random named false infections on my Setup of my programmed software Renamer by EatMe. Program info page: http://eatme.pro/about-renamer direct download false infection http://eatme.pro/download/renamer-win10 .zip with SETUP that is detected...
  7. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  8. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  9. All folders are renamed and I cant fix them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All folders are renamed and I cant fix them: All of my folders are labelled “downloads” and my documents folder “D:\” it won’t let me rename them and I don’t know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-folders-are-renamed-and-i-cant-fix-them/d8d62538-5ed3-4824-9eee-0ea74b096c53
  10. All folders are renamed and I cant fix them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All folders are renamed and I cant fix them: All of my folders are labelled “downloads” and my documents folder “D:\” it won’t let me rename them and I don’t know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-folders-are-renamed-and-i-cant-fix-them/d8d62538-5ed3-4824-9eee-0ea74b096c53