Windows 10: Renaming

Discus and support Renaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, When I press F2 on my main PC, it highlights the file name and when I press the left arrow key. It instantly moves to the beginning of the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lorvichia, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Lorvichia Win User

Renaming

Hi,

When I press F2 on my main PC, it highlights the file name and when I press the left arrow key. It instantly moves to the beginning of the file name.

But on my recently purchased Surface Pro, when I press F2 and then the left arrow key, it just moves left by one letter, not all the way to the beginning, like my main PC.

Any solution to this?

Thanks,

Regie.

:)

Lorvichia, Aug 8, 2019
  2. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Renaming the Computer...

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to rename the computer name as below and check if the issue persists.

Here’s how to rename the computer on Windows 10:

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar Search icon;
    • Search Rename this computer and click on the result;
    • Click Change;
    • Rename the computer and then click OK to save.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Renaming

Rename folders

Hi,

Failure to rename folders on your device may indicate a corrupted components preventing the renaming process to work properly. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which update have you recently done on your device?
    • Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.

In addition, we suggest that you replicate the concern while you're in the clean boot environment. To do this, follow the steps provided on this

support article
    and check if the issue persists. If not, proceed to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    topic to identify the error.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Renaming

1. Renaming - Similar Threads - Renaming

2. How to rename admin user name folder for Documents, Pictures, etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to rename admin user name folder for Documents, Pictures, etc.: How do I correct the User Name folder after switching from a Microsoft Account to a Local Account on a new PC. I was able to set up a new admin user however, when reviewing the folder name for my documents, pictures, etc., it reflects an abbreviated form for my former...
  3. rename pc in azure ad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    rename pc in azure ad?: If I rename a computer in Windows it does not get renamed in Azure AD (cloud). I have seaarched, but have not found a solution, is there one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-pc-in-azure-ad/579e2919-52f2-4d46-9a6e-e9a6989d9955
  4. Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD

Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD: Hello I would like to rename a Shortcut, wich is created by a Programm but I always get "not found" as reply. I have tryed it with a textdocument on the same place and this worked perfect. And the CMD runs as admin. Details: Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1903 Program:...
  5. rename virtual desktop windows 10 v1903?

rename virtual desktop windows 10 v1903?: Hello, how can I rename the virtual desktop in windows 10 , can not find. Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-virtual-desktop-windows-10-v1903/13765a41-acfc-4c58-b45a-fb0eb51d4a65
  6. Windows System Apps Renamed

Windows System Apps Renamed: Hi, Here's the question, details after. How do I rename/restore Windows system apps such as File Explorer, Control Panel, etc.? Alright so I did something kind of stupid. The Microsoft store was giving me the error "Try again later, something happened at our end", so I...
  7. Desktop disappears/reappears; no renaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop disappears/reappears; no renaming: Running Windows 10, with the latest update. Latest nVidia card update installed. When I click on the desktop, after a couple of seconds it all disappears, replaced by the background color. See that for about a second, then the desktop reappears. If I try to open a folder or...
  8. I Need to rename this photo in E drive and rename does NOT work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Need to rename this photo in E drive and rename does NOT work: How do I rename a file that was sent to an E file. AND if I use edit, it automatically sends me to edit in paint??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-rename-this-photo-in-e-drive-and-rename/d9cd7449-6b90-49e6-ad2b-63cffd4a6191
  9. Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??: Alright so im trying to change the name of my pc and switch my local account to an admin account. But I have windows 1083 and I don't see the "Family & Other People" option in the settings. Keep in mind im on this pc on a local account....
  10. Rename a range of file names via Windows Powershell

Rename a range of file names via Windows Powershell: Hello, Does anyone have an idea how to tell Windows Powershell to rename a range of file names? I tried using the following: Dir l rename-item - newname {$_. - replace "1-1..1-30", "E1.1"} Thought if I used the (..) range marker between the first portion of the file...