Windows 10: Renewal Cost Fraud??

Discus and support Renewal Cost Fraud?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received an email from "Renewal Team" sent from chicherina.ramilya.com stating that renewal of Defender Firewall's "your subscription to Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LoreneSzoke, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Renewal Cost Fraud??

I received an email from "Renewal Team" sent from chicherina.ramilya.com stating that renewal of Defender Firewall's "your subscription to Defender Firewall has been successfully renewed and updated." The auto-renewal charge is $199.99.

I called the number, 1-833-542-7887 to cancel.

I was on the phone with a person whose accent sounded Indian.

She requested access to my computer to uninstall the update.

She then told me to stay by the phone for another person who wanted to confirm the transaction. He then started asking me about my bank information.

During this time my computer PCU was accessed by them and and activity was occurring that I thought was the deletion of the Defender program.

When he asked for my bank info, I told him I would not give it to him. I eventually closed the program and told him to discontinue his access to my computer.

I searched for Microsoft Defender Firewall online and saw that it is free.

I checked my credit card accounts and did not see any payments withdrawn.

I want to know if this is a scam, and if you are aware of it.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

LoreneSzoke, Sep 4, 2020

2. How much is the cost of renewal?

Renewal of what?

Don

Don Varnau, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft AI solution to detect mobile bank fraud in less than 2 secs

Source: Two seconds to take a bite out of mobile bank fraud with Artificial Intelligence | Blog | Microsoft Azure

Brink, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Renewal Cost Fraud??

Jsssssssss, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Renewal Cost Fraud??

1. Renewal Cost Fraud?? - Similar Threads - Renewal Cost Fraud

2. Fraud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fraud: HiI need to talk to an agent but the robot can't let me connect with them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fraud/589fef9c-13bf-4476-a269-b18a6f37be27
  3. Fraud

Fraud: A Microsoft engineer accessed my computer on Friday.Not only did he destroy settings, personal and professional information but I also note a missing e mail folder containing tax information.Please contact me since your telephone operators do not feel this is a serious...
  4. Fraud

Fraud: I received this and think it might be a scam.DearDCustomer,PurchaseDID: #9489557CustomerDSupport: 1 845 904-7308 FPremium Norton Renewal Description:Product : FPremium Norton Advance ProtectionTenure : F3 yearsRenewal Amount : F431.21Processing Charge : F0.00Payment Mode :...
  5. FRAUD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FRAUD: I CONSTANTLY RECEIVE ALERTS FROM GOOGLE, MAFEE, AND NOW FROM MICROSOFT THAT MY COMPUTER IS AT RISK. i HAVE MAFEE ANTIVIRUS, THEY GAVE MY ONE PHONE TO CALL 18332519056 IS THAT A MICROSOFT PHONE?...
  6. FRAUD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FRAUD: My friend that I have trusted for so long logged into my account and purchased 2 games that We’re 45 bucks I total he gifted the game’s to his account he blocked me on everything. This happened August 17th when o fist saw the charge I mediately investigated and saw it was...
  7. Windows defender scam costing 200.00 to renew

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender scam costing 200.00 to renew: I received an email minutes ago telling me I was being charged $200 to renew Windows Defender...and I had to call a given number to dispute the charge - which I did, having no memory of ordering it. The Indian guy on the other end wanted to take me through along process...
  8. Phone call on anti-virus software and renewal cost. Scam or not?

Phone call on anti-virus software and renewal cost. Scam or not?: I have been contacted by a very hard to understand group of Indian people saying I am going to be charged for $299+ for Microsoft anti-virus program on my computer if I do not let them via TeamViewer 14 help me remove it from my computer. I do not show any purchase in March...
  9. fraud

fraud: My computer was blocked and I did give personal information. I was placed in a cue but gave up after 10 minutes of waiting. Microsoft logo was used. After I gave up the block was removed. What do I need to do. David J Archibald...
  10. Fraud

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fraud: My laptop, a HP Stream, locked up last night and I was given a number to call, 844-946-3854, and after 3 hours on the phone the problem was resolved. I asked them if they were associated with Microsoft and they said they were an independent company which worked with them....