Windows 10: Renting Computers with Windows 10 Pro/Home

Discus and support Renting Computers with Windows 10 Pro/Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey I've been in contact with Microsoft Norway incense department for home users, and although it seems like I'm able to rend access to VMs running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Svampe Bob, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Renting Computers with Windows 10 Pro/Home

Hey

I've been in contact with Microsoft Norway incense department for home users, and although it seems like I'm able to rend access to VMs running Windows 10 Pro or Home that are running on my own personal home server, I though it would be a good idea to ask the forums and try to get in contact with Ms Enterprise support on the to do list.

The basic idea is that, I'm offering people to rent access to my VM's for a fee, the VM's will be running Windows 10, and have a regular Windows 10 Pro/Home license. As I'm not renting or selling the license, rather I'm just functioning as a Internet cafe, I was wondering will that come in conflict with Microsoft ULA? and if so, what type of license would I need?

All the computers will be for personal use and mainly aimed at students that can't afford a powerful computer, but still needs a computer that can handles today's workload for them. Giving them a peace of mind that they can always resume their work from any Library, Home, School.

Again we aren't looking to offer cloud computing/data center stuff, the servers will be running Linux and we're only running Windows under KVM, the VMs are intend to be "temporarily personal".

We've already contacted the developers that we think students would install and asked if they have any issue with running their software under VM, and the majority have no problem under their ULA, and only can't stand by the stability of their product and thus would not support it directly, but at the end of the day they don't care if it's a VM or a physical computer, just as long as the license is not being resold.

Mvh

Svampe Bob Sqrt P.

:)

Svampe Bob, Jan 27, 2020

2. Unable to rent or buy Movies from Microsoft store

Hello Josh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Do you receive any error while buying or renting Movies?
    2. Were you able to buy or rent movies from Microsoft store with the same Microsoft account previously?
    3. Have you tried using the Microsoft store website to buy or rent movies?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Verify the region, date & time settings.

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
    2. Tap or click Time & language.
    3. Select either Date & time or Region & language and check all settings.

Method 2:

Reset the Microsoft store app.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘wsreset’ and hit enter.

For more information you can refer the articles
    limits on the money in your Microsoft account
    and

How to buy or rent Movies & TV content on Windows 10

Also, for a quick status check the payments option under your Microsoft account, you can also contact our

customer support team

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Renting Computers with Windows 10 Pro/Home

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Renting Computers with Windows 10 Pro/Home

1. Renting Computers with Windows 10 Pro/Home - Similar Threads - Renting Computers Pro

2. windows 10 home and pro computer access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 home and pro computer access: Hi,I have a windows 10 pro computer and i want to purchase a windows 10 home computer. They will be connected with ethernet cable.The home needs to access files stored on the pro and I have seen posts on the internet that a home cannot access files on a pro. Is this actually...
  3. Transferring to different computer- Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Transferring to different computer- Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: After getting a new PC for my wife, I plan on giving the older one to a relative. She is currently using a beat up laptop to work from home. My plan is to use Macrium Reflect to transfer the system from the laptop to the PC, then using Redeploy to get the PC up and running....
  4. Windows 10 Home/Pro

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Home/Pro: I am looking up for Windows 10 Home Pro 161481
  5. Windows 10 Home / Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home / Pro: Hi, I bought a Windows 10 Home, but after the installation it's showing as Windows 10 pro. It's not really an issue for me whether it's Pro or Home but is this normal? I'm just a bit worried that I might encounter some issues because of it. Thanks!...
  6. Windows 10 Pro To Home ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro To Home ?: I purchased win 10 home and it automatically upgrade to Pro and started giving me activation error. Frustrating other efforts I decided to purchase windows pro today but by mistake purchased Home again and worst part is activation error is still there....
  7. Unsecure WiFi connection used at home I rent a room in

Unsecure WiFi connection used at home I rent a room in: I rent a room in a house with six other tenants. The owner of the place includes internet in the rent but the connection doesn't require a password. Is it safe to connect to it? How do I protect my data? Do I need a VPN? Wth is that? -haha- Thanks in advance!!...
  8. Windows Home to 10 pro.

Windows Home to 10 pro.: I have replaced my PC with a HP desktop which is loaded with Win 10 Home. My old PC (which I have dismantled and put some of the hardware into the new one), was running Win10 Pro. Can I upgrade the new PC to Pro without having to buy the program again?...
  9. buy or rent

buy or rent: Hi all I have a xfinity gatway all in one wifi 802.11 ac my speedi pay for are 250down /30up I use a nighthawk ac3200 for wifi because it has better range would I be better off getting a sb6183 or sb9190 modem only? I am looking for the best performance I can get. thanks...
  10. windows 10 home to pro

windows 10 home to pro: I have just bought a laptop with windows 10 home and I want to upgrade to 10 pro. I have a valid license for windows 7 pro which I installed wiping the partitions fro the 10 home install. This went ok and was activated as 7 pro. I then I attempted to upgrade using an...