Windows 10: Reoccuring BSOD

Discus and support Reoccuring BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting random BSOD's when closing a few online games. I've checked, rechecked and tested all hardware. The only thing the BSOD shows for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Irratation., Mar 10, 2020.

1. Reoccuring BSOD

I've been getting random BSOD's when closing a few online games. I've checked, rechecked and tested all hardware.

The only thing the BSOD shows for the stop code is REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

The Event Viewer show's the following

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000018 0x0000000000000000, 0xffff8002134e2ee0, 0x0000000000000002, 0xffffffffffffffff. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: afc1997c-be88-46c9-b522-e356d8600e39.

The dmp has literally nothing saved and I can't find a solution anywhere online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Irratation., Mar 10, 2020

2. Reoccurring BSOD's relating to bugcheck 0x1a

First time posting, so sorry in advance if I missed a thread policy. This started when I upgraded my rig from a i5 6400 to a Ryzen 5 3600. This also included a new Mobo to suport said cpu. Apart from the torturous 12 hours of errors setting up the system. Once I had it all setup I kept getting these BSOD's after some usage time. After using bugcheck and checking forums, most evidence pointed to the newest nvidia drivers and my crucial mx300 m-sata ssd both causing driver errors. I replaced the SSD, and reverted to the default nvidia driver, and the symptoms stopped showing for a while. This was until Memory_management BSOD's started showing up after I close any game. I read online that Nvidia knew about the errors with their current drivers and were rolling out a patch in the recent update, so i manually installed that driver. This still hasn't fixed the problem. Currently, my computer will work fine until I am either playing or closing a game, which it will then BSOD with different errors each time, but the most common two are System-Service-Exception and Memory_Management. Here is a screenshot of my event viewer:

Reoccuring BSOD [​IMG]

Troubleshooting Steps I've Done:
    • Updated CPU and chipset drivers, both from Mobo website and AMD website
    • Updated BIOS to the latest version listed on MSI website
    • ran 2 memory tests (one was memtest, the other was a stability test in windows, forgot the name) both finished clean
    • installed, removed, and reinstalled nvidia drivers
    • reinstalled windows 10
    • rubber ducky debugging

I've looked at multiple forum posts online, but none seem to have my exact symptoms so maybe I'm missing something. Thanks in advance for any help! (log files attached)

fameman100, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Reoccurring BSOD's relating to bugcheck 0x1a

Not seeing much in the dumps. Event logs have a couple interesting things in them:

Problem creating some dumps, no indication why:

Reoccuring BSOD [​IMG]

These indicate a hardware failure with your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070. If it's still under warranty, RMA it. If not, do you still have your old GPU? If yes, try that and see if it resolves the problem. One waay or another I think you will need to replace the 1070.

Reoccuring BSOD [​IMG]

Reoccuring BSOD [​IMG]

Ztruker, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Reoccuring BSOD

Reoccuring Apointments

Hi rwhitesel.

Currently there is no support in web portal to present those type of calendar events but is in our list of possible features to future versions.

Kept an eye in next releases.

Regards,

Lopes.

Lopes - MSFT, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Reoccuring BSOD

1. Reoccuring BSOD - Similar Threads - Reoccuring BSOD

2. BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT reoccuring despite new PC setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT reoccuring despite new PC setup: Hi,I've been having an issue with BSOD with a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error.The issue first appeared on my last PCAfter I couldn't figure out what was happening, I re-installed WindowsA few months later it started happening again at random timesI re-installed Windows again, had a...
  3. BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT reoccuring despite new PC setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT reoccuring despite new PC setup: Hi,I've been having an issue with BSOD with a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error.The issue first appeared on my last PCAfter I couldn't figure out what was happening, I re-installed WindowsA few months later it started happening again at random timesI re-installed Windows again, had a...
  4. BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT reoccuring despite new PC setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUP reoccuring despite new PC setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUP reoccuring despite new PC setup: Hi,I've been having an issue with BSOD with a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error.The issue first appeared on my last PCAfter I couldn't figure out what was happening, I re-installed WindowsA few months later it started happening again at random timesI re-installed Windows again, had a...
  6. Reoccurring BSOD upon high Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reoccurring BSOD upon high Memory Usage: I've been experiencing multiple system failures with the computer I've been using. It always occurs during high memory usage, like when I'm playing a videogame or downloading a file. I've used the Memory Diagnostic and it hasn't told me there are any issues with my RAM, I've...
  7. Reoccurring BSOD upon high Memory Usage

Reoccurring BSOD upon high Memory Usage: I've been experiencing multiple system failures with the computer I've been using. It always occurs during high memory usage, like when I'm playing a videogame or downloading a file. I've used the Memory Diagnostic and it hasn't told me there are any issues with my RAM, I've...
  8. Hello all, I been having reoccurring BSOD problems with windows 11. If anyone could read my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello all, I been having reoccurring BSOD problems with windows 11. If anyone could read my...: Hello All,I am hoping to receive some guidance/input with my BSOD stop codes. When i run the debugger it states something about my AMD processer.BSOD usually occur twice a day for me.If anyone could read my minidump files I would greatly appreciate it.************* Preparing...
  9. Hello all, I been having reoccurring BSOD problems with windows 11. If anyone could read my...

Hello all, I been having reoccurring BSOD problems with windows 11. If anyone could read my...: Hello All,I am hoping to receive some guidance/input with my BSOD stop codes. When i run the debugger it states something about my AMD processer.BSOD usually occur twice a day for me.If anyone could read my minidump files I would greatly appreciate it.************* Preparing...
  10. Reoccurring BSOD Event ID 41, Kernel-Power

Reoccurring BSOD Event ID 41, Kernel-Power: Hello! I have been having this error give me a BSOD with some frequency and I dont know what to do to solve it, I have resetted my pc twice and it always comes back the same. Can any one help me with this?<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">-...