Windows 10: Reoccuring issue during specific game second post

Discus and support Reoccuring issue during specific game second post in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So this is essentially a repost to redraw attention to it to fix it. I am having a issue where I get a blue screen of death during a single game and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BlazeCliborne, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Reoccuring issue during specific game second post

So this is essentially a repost to redraw attention to it to fix it. I am having a issue where I get a blue screen of death during a single game and one instance where it happened while I didn't have anything open. That game is Total War WARHAMMER II, this desktop can handle it on Ultra settings fine but for some reason no matter what at random times could be minutes into the game or hours it blue screens with the same exact stop code everytime, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. This has happened probably around 10+ times now as I have tried numerous fixes and then tested to see if the game will run. I have even done one of the fixes found on here that says to change the SATA sys file to something else I believe it was called storachi.sys. In the original post I was told to collect minidumps and then I never got a response back so I have 6 minidumps that will be included in this. Also I have done a memtest and my memory passed every single test.

Minidumps on ONEDRIVE

:)

BlazeCliborne, Mar 8, 2020

2. Issue with Gaming resolution in Lumia 535.

Hi Balavarisrikanth,

• What is the exact issue are you facing games? Is it a online game or playing through any app?
    • Is this issue specific to any game?
    • Do you get any error message while trying to play?
    If you are facing this issue with store games, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article and check if this helps.

Lumia troubleshooting and repair

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10280/lumia-troubleshooting-and-repair

Note: From the above link navigate to Other problem
    > Problem not listed in the troubleshooting tool and try the steps.

Kindly let us know the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Reoccuring issue during specific game second post

iwin games won't load

Hi Sebrad,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

What is the exact issue you are facing with the game?

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Reoccuring issue during specific game second post

1. Reoccuring issue during specific game second post - Similar Threads - Reoccuring issue during

2. artifacts during post process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    artifacts during post process: Hi I am getting artifacts during post screen. they happen every 1 out of 5 bootsDo I need to rma the motherboard or do you think its the cpu. the only components i have not testedcan anyone tell me more about this? is it CMOS vram or rom corruption or slot damage or faults....
  3. artifacts during post process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    artifacts during post process: Hi I am getting artifacts during post screen. they happen every 1 out of 5 bootsDo I need to rma the motherboard or do you think its the cpu. the only components i have not testedcan anyone tell me more about this? is it CMOS vram or rom corruption or slot damage or faults....
  4. artifacts during post process

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Specific game freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific game freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  6. Mouse Issues during Game play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Issues during Game play: This is going to be a rather long message. I play Skyrim SE. During game play there is a Microsoft sound and a Windows Hourglass Pointer shows up in the game. It dows not replace the game pointer. I end up with 2 pointers. Now I play in offline mode. I have every app disabled...
  7. No short beep during POST

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No short beep during POST: Since a couple of days I do not hear anymore the buzzer beep during the POST After booting the PC is working normally, although some of the applications in the Start Menu right click on the Start button does also not work anymore, like Device Manager, Disk Manager, PC...
  8. Reoccurring Windows 10 Issue Glitching

Reoccurring Windows 10 Issue Glitching: I honestly don’t know how to descibe this issue. Heres a video of what happens: https://kapwi.ng/c/t4jboIkx This also occurs in window apps like Netflix if I try to search for something or scroll. I don’t have an external mouse. I’ve tried restarting and diagnosis test for...
  9. Persistent BSOD Issues during video games

Persistent BSOD Issues during video games: Hi everyone, Hope I can get any help on this issue I've been facing. Consistently getting the BSOD error of either 'VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR' or sometimes 'DPS WATCHDOG VIOLATION' when I am playing any sort of video game. The more intensive the video game the...
  10. Reoccuring issue during specific game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reoccuring issue during specific game: So im trying to play some TotalWar: Warhammer II but for some reason at random times it will lockup, after a few moments time varies it will blue screen and give me the stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Now I know there is a post resolving this issue for the most part, but I...