Windows 10: Reoccurring DMA / DRIVER related BSOD

Discus and support Reoccurring DMA / DRIVER related BSOD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an odd reoccurring BSOD happening on my Z690 mobo.I cannot figure out what is exactly causing the issue. The BSOD message is everytime the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by txrxakn, Aug 14, 2022.

1. txrxakn Win User

Reoccurring DMA / DRIVER related BSOD

I have an odd reoccurring BSOD happening on my Z690 mobo.I cannot figure out what is exactly causing the issue. The BSOD message is everytime the same though.The driver verifier is turned off , mobo has the latest drivers and bios , no overclocking.i already did sfc and dism. Any ideas what component / driver causes this issue ?DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6An illegal DMA operation was attempted by a driver being verified.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000026, IOMMU detected DMA violation.Arg2: 0000000000000000, Device Object of faulting device.Arg3: 000000004016dd7d, Faulting informa

:)

txrxakn, Aug 14, 2022

2. Reoccurring BSOD's relating to bugcheck 0x1a

First time posting, so sorry in advance if I missed a thread policy. This started when I upgraded my rig from a i5 6400 to a Ryzen 5 3600. This also included a new Mobo to suport said cpu. Apart from the torturous 12 hours of errors setting up the system. Once I had it all setup I kept getting these BSOD's after some usage time. After using bugcheck and checking forums, most evidence pointed to the newest nvidia drivers and my crucial mx300 m-sata ssd both causing driver errors. I replaced the SSD, and reverted to the default nvidia driver, and the symptoms stopped showing for a while. This was until Memory_management BSOD's started showing up after I close any game. I read online that Nvidia knew about the errors with their current drivers and were rolling out a patch in the recent update, so i manually installed that driver. This still hasn't fixed the problem. Currently, my computer will work fine until I am either playing or closing a game, which it will then BSOD with different errors each time, but the most common two are System-Service-Exception and Memory_Management. Here is a screenshot of my event viewer:

Reoccurring DMA / DRIVER related BSOD [​IMG]

Troubleshooting Steps I've Done:
    • Updated CPU and chipset drivers, both from Mobo website and AMD website
    • Updated BIOS to the latest version listed on MSI website
    • ran 2 memory tests (one was memtest, the other was a stability test in windows, forgot the name) both finished clean
    • installed, removed, and reinstalled nvidia drivers
    • reinstalled windows 10
    • rubber ducky debugging

I've looked at multiple forum posts online, but none seem to have my exact symptoms so maybe I'm missing something. Thanks in advance for any help! (log files attached)

fameman100, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Reoccurring BSOD's relating to bugcheck 0x1a

Not seeing much in the dumps. Event logs have a couple interesting things in them:

Problem creating some dumps, no indication why:

These indicate a hardware failure with your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070. If it's still under warranty, RMA it. If not, do you still have your old GPU? If yes, try that and see if it resolves the problem. One waay or another I think you will need to replace the 1070.

Ztruker, Aug 14, 2022
  4. fredde Win User

Dma ?

On my sys. (sys. listed), how do I enable or disable DMA on my Sata drives? I have a Sumsung SH-S203b Dvd recorder (sata) and in the Nero info tool I get a warning that DMA is disabled on this drive. On my old sys. (P4C800-E Deluxe) the Intel raid driver software provided control of dma. On the P5K Deluxe where do I find the drive settings (DMA or PIO) and how would I change them?

Thank You.

fredde, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

1. Reoccurring DMA / DRIVER related BSOD - Similar Threads - Reoccurring DMA DRIVER

2. BSOD DMA driver verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DMA driver verification: I keep getting these errors. They seemed to start in November 2023. I was running Win 11, which I learned wasn’t recommended for my system. I installed Win 10 from a USB but continue getting this error. Here’s what I’m running:Device name DESKTOP-PL1RDTS Processor IntelR...
  3. BSOD DMA driver verification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DMA driver verification: I keep getting these errors. They seemed to start in November 2023. I was running Win 11, which I learned wasn’t recommended for my system. I installed Win 10 from a USB but continue getting this error. Here’s what I’m running:Device name DESKTOP-PL1RDTS Processor IntelR...
  4. BSOD DMA driver verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Driver verifier DMA violation BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver verifier DMA violation BSOD: Hello, lately on my laptop I've been experiencing the BSOD with the error message: "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION", i dont know exactly which of my drivers causes this issue so i was wondering if you could please help me figure it out, here's the minidump file:...
  6. Driver verifier DMA violation BSOD

Driver verifier DMA violation BSOD: Hello, lately on my laptop I've been experiencing the BSOD with the error message: "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION", i dont know exactly which of my drivers causes this issue so i was wondering if you could please help me figure it out, here's the minidump file:...
  7. Reoccurring DMA / DRIVER related BSOD

Reoccurring DMA / DRIVER related BSOD: I have an odd reoccurring BSOD happening on my Z690 mobo.I cannot figure out what is exactly causing the issue. The BSOD message is everytime the same though.The driver verifier is turned off , mobo has the latest drivers and bios , no overclocking.i already did sfc and dism....
  8. Reoccurring DMA / DRIVER related BSOD

Reoccurring DMA / DRIVER related BSOD: I have an odd reoccurring BSOD happening on my Z690 mobo.I cannot figure out what is exactly causing the issue. The BSOD message is everytime the same though.The driver verifier is turned off , mobo has the latest drivers and bios , no overclocking.i already did sfc and dism....
  9. BSOD Driver DMA violation driver verifier

BSOD Driver DMA violation driver verifier: My zenbook S13 throws up a BSOD upon every bootup. A DMA violation driver verifier. The device is almost 10 months old and is up to date on all drivers. I cant figure out why it has started doing this. I ran a Windbg preview on one of the minidumps produced during the...
  10. Reoccurring BSOD's relating to bugcheck 0x1a

Reoccurring BSOD's relating to bugcheck 0x1a: First time posting, so sorry in advance if I missed a thread policy. This started when I upgraded my rig from a i5 6400 to a Ryzen 5 3600. This also included a new Mobo to suport said cpu. Apart from the torturous 12 hours of errors setting up the system. Once I had it all...