Windows 10: Reocurring BSOD whenever running my PC for awhile

Discus and support Reocurring BSOD whenever running my PC for awhile in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All,Running Windows 10 when I get BSOD after having my PC on for some time I shut down at least every night and still happens. Usually in the middle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JawwadA, Sep 8, 2021.

1. JawwadA Win User

Reocurring BSOD whenever running my PC for awhile

Hi All,Running Windows 10 when I get BSOD after having my PC on for some time I shut down at least every night and still happens. Usually in the middle of playing a videogame or watching a stream from a TV show, doesn't seem to matter if it was actually on or was sleeping for a few hours.Here is my last 3 crash DMP files + MSInfo 32:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_B318DuPURh7PPbESOTd_TSD7kV7jQ-9/view?usp=sharingThank you for your attention.

:)

JawwadA, Sep 8, 2021
  2. 2311ski Win User

Start bar and Alt+Tab stop working after PC is on after awhile

After running Win10 without any major issues since its' release about a week ago I started encountering an apparently pretty common issue with the start bar not working. Along with the start bar not being accessible, when I try to use alt+tab, it also does
    not work. When I first logon to my PC it works fine but after awhile the issue appears. I've read through the various publications online detailing the steps of:

• Running /sfc scannow
    • Re-installing windows apps
    • Repairing windows update
    • Lastly, I have reset my PC (while keeping my files)

After going through all of the above, the issue still appears..

My next step is to create another account and use that, before I do that, does anyone else have any other suggestions for this issue?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Start Menu

2311ski, Sep 8, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 8, 2021
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Reocurring BSOD whenever running my PC for awhile - Similar Threads - Reocurring BSOD whenever

2. constant BSOD for awhile now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    constant BSOD for awhile now: I have been dealing with BSODs for a while and am at the last straw with it. There is no one constant error message and there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it happens however with some video games Call of Duty it will never blue screen however if I am on...
  3. constant BSOD for awhile now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    constant BSOD for awhile now: I have been dealing with BSODs for a while and am at the last straw with it. There is no one constant error message and there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it happens however with some video games Call of Duty it will never blue screen however if I am on...
  4. constant BSOD for awhile now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bsod whenever i turn on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod whenever i turn on my pc: Hi, i recently built my own computer and when it booted, it showed the login screen for like 1 second and then immediately wend into a bsod system_thread_exeption_not_handled i did use an ssd from my old pc and i cant get a second one until january 9th. Here are the specs....
  6. Bsod whenever i turn on my pc

Bsod whenever i turn on my pc: Hi, i recently built my own computer and when it booted, it showed the login screen for like 1 second and then immediately wend into a bsod system_thread_exeption_not_handled i did use an ssd from my old pc and i cant get a second one until january 9th. Here are the specs....
  7. getting BSOD for awhile now on my Dell system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting BSOD for awhile now on my Dell system: hello been getting a BSOD for awhile now on my Dell system and was wondering if you can help me find out what driver it is referring tooBlue Screen Error - May 29, 2022 3:16:54 PM Bug check code0xc000021aBug check...
  8. getting BSOD for awhile now on my Dell system

getting BSOD for awhile now on my Dell system: hello been getting a BSOD for awhile now on my Dell system and was wondering if you can help me find out what driver it is referring tooBlue Screen Error - May 29, 2022 3:16:54 PM Bug check code0xc000021aBug check...
  9. bsod screen whenever power on my pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod screen whenever power on my pc.: I keep getting the screen your device ran into some problems and needs to restart. stop code microcode revision mismatch. I only can access the bios at the moment. I've been trying to get it into safe mode but I keep getting looped backed the blue screen everytime....
  10. reboots after running for awhile

in Windows 10 Support
    reboots after running for awhile: Hi guys, i have a nephew who's computer W 10 pro will reboot for no reason & at no certain time. He has all updates, and is set to never sleep. Has also done a reinstall !! Event viewer log has a few logs, will post at the bottom of this thread !! Any suggestions or heard of...