Windows 10: Reopen Account message when logging in but email address shows is not mine.

Discus and support Reopen Account message when logging in but email address shows is not mine. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Long story. Began when I noticed a charge on my credit card for Microsoft purchase. Subsequently, found an email thanking me for purchase and PDF... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MuggyMoo, Nov 30, 2019.

1. MuggyMoo Win User

Reopen Account message when logging in but email address shows is not mine.

Long story. Began when I noticed a charge on my credit card for Microsoft purchase. Subsequently, found an email thanking me for purchase and PDF could be accessed from account. I do have a regular amount paid to Microsoft monthly however this figure was substantially different. Given I do not recall making any other purchases I attempted to log into my account but had forgotten password. Generated code through Authenticator App and after inputting the code I received the message copied below. Please note that the email located at the top of the message was not one of my emails. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reopen account?
    You're trying to sign in to an account that's going to be closed on 1/18/2020. You can choose to reopen the account. Or, if you cancel, your account stays marked for closure. Learn more about the effects of closing an account.

What do you want to do?

:)

MuggyMoo, Nov 30, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 30, 2019
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    email address shows on log in screen

What you asked to do was not display your email account on your login screen. You don't need to go into your registry.
    It is simple, you mis-read the info on the link. All you have to do is turn off ONE setting on your sign-in-options. I'll try and make it real simple. Reopen Account message when logging in but email address shows is not mine. :)

Reopen Account message when logging in but email address shows is not mine. [​IMG]

Reopen Account message when logging in but email address shows is not mine. [​IMG]

OldMike65, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Reopen Account message when logging in but email address shows is not mine.

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Reopen Account message when logging in but email address shows is not mine.

1. Reopen Account message when logging in but email address shows is not mine. - Similar Threads - Reopen Account message

2. Verify your email for an email address that isnt mine on my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify your email for an email address that isnt mine on my account: Hello all,I am trying to make a purchase on the Microsoft Store but it is asking me to "verify your email" but for an email address that is not for the account i am using. My accounts and computer were previously compromised but i have since secured them and no longer have...
  3. Verify your email for an email address that isnt mine on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verify your email for an email address that isnt mine on my account: Hello all,I am trying to make a purchase on the Microsoft Store but it is asking me to "verify your email" but for an email address that is not for the account i am using. My accounts and computer were previously compromised but i have since secured them and no longer have...
  4. Verify your email for an email address that isnt mine on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Verify Your Identity screen shows an email address that's not mine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Verify Your Identity screen shows an email address that's not mine: When I log in to Microsoft, I get a Verify Your Identity screen. The first line is an email address that's not mine "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***." That's definitely not me. The 2nd line is my correct last two digits of my phone number. I think someone hacked...
  6. Email account is not Mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email account is not Mine: Somehow my daughters gmail inbox is showing when I sign into my gmail account on my computer. How do I have my inbox show and not my daughters in Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-account-is-not-mine/01f42c76-c417-4a4c-8daa-10326a852148
  7. there is a email address which is not mine?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    there is a email address which is not mine?: there is a email address which is not mine? when I try and log in to One Drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-email-address-which-is-not-mine/24862ceb-2b70-4ba1-9eb7-b8b134ef72f0"
  8. Changing email address when logging in without creating a new account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing email address when logging in without creating a new account?: I was gifted the lap top and still have to log in with their email - this was one of 2 of the laptops they bought as a pair. Is it possible (now i have my own microsoft account to change the email i log in with without having to back up and default? I just want to sync my...
  9. Log in details email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in details email address: need to change the email address on the log in screen above the password on win10 how do i do that pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-details-email-address/b8225f0d-d062-46a0-94a4-695464f6f159"
  10. email address shows on log in screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    email address shows on log in screen: Jut had a Windows update (Sept 17 2016) and now on the log in screen it shows my preferred picture and beneath it my email address (Microsoft account). It did not do this before. How can I revert back to picture only. Win 10 Home Edition (upgraded from Win7 last year)...