Windows 10: Reopen Applications on Reboot No Longer Working

Discus and support Reopen Applications on Reboot No Longer Working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Up until about a week ago when rebooting while having applications still open would reopen those applications upon signing back in after a reboot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EvanMiller81, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Reopen Applications on Reboot No Longer Working

Up until about a week ago when rebooting while having applications still open would reopen those applications upon signing back in after a reboot.

I've searched around and some sites report to toggle the setting within Privacy to "Automatically Finish Setting Up My Device After an Update or Restart". However, this option is not present on my computer or three other co-workers machines. We are on Win10 Enterprise 1809.

Any insight as to what may be causing this would be great. I've checked with our sysadmins and they have advised no new group policies or policy updates have been pushed out.

Thanks in Advance!

:)

EvanMiller81, Jul 24, 2019

2. Win10 Feature - Application Reopen upon Reboot?

Is it a Win10 feature to reopen running applications at shutdown upon reboot?

AlaskanRogue, Jul 24, 2019
  3. elbeasto Win User
    Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Reopen Applications on Reboot No Longer Working

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Reopen Applications on Reboot No Longer Working

1. Reopen Applications on Reboot No Longer Working - Similar Threads - Reopen Applications Reboot

2. A way to reopen previously running programs after rebooting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A way to reopen previously running programs after rebooting: Hi, Is it possible to reopen programs I was running after shutting down my PC? I have some PDF files, Reference software (Mendeley) with multiple tabs open and also multiple file explorer paths (multiple browser tabs too, but this is easily retrievable). Would like to get...
  3. Reopen all applications upon automatic reboot due to Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reopen all applications upon automatic reboot due to Windows Update: Hey everyone. So Microsoft is doing automatic Windows Updates on my laptop every now and then and asks for a reboot. I understand the the updates are important. However I do strong multitasking, and typically have several desktops open with different programs, file...
  4. Reopen Apps after reboot/update etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Reopen Apps after reboot/update etc: I'm looking at possibly coming back from OS X to Win10. (1909 I believe) I've reset my Win10 machine & am setting back up, but one of the things I really like about OS X is when I have to reboot, all of my Apps that are active on my system, all reopen automatically, on the...
  5. Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening: Each time when I open the different programs that I have installed in my system, then upon opening the programs, windows 10 doesn't remember the size of the window of those programs also that they were placed at what position on the screen last time, and this causes me...
  6. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

in Browsers and Email
    Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot: Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of the windows and tabs. Control + shift + tab failed to open the web pages. What is the method to view the history and have it...
  7. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot: Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of the windows and tabs. Control + shift + tab failed to open the web pages. What is the method to view the history and have it...
  8. Reopen closed tab not working anymore

in Browsers and Email
    Reopen closed tab not working anymore: I was good surprisingly of new feature/bug solved of new MS Edge browser after my Win 10 has been updated, anniversary updating. But I noticed that "Reopen closed tab" functionality doesn't working anymore ... it is something wrong with my PC or you have the same issue too ?...
  9. "reopen last browsing session" not working

in Browsers and Email
    "reopen last browsing session" not working: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and experiencing a huge inconvenience. The reopen last browsing session does not work. I locked the computer last night via Windows key + L. This morning when I wanted to resume my work, I found the computer had installed updates and...
  10. Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen

in Browsers and Email
    Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen: Hi, Im running windows 10 pro with the latest creators update. I didnt have any problems but suddenly and it was before updating to the latest version of windows my edge is unresponsive after rebooting my system. When I open edge after a reboot I can use the menus and...