Windows 10: Reopen Apps after restart sign-in options missing in Privacy settings

Discus and support Reopen Apps after restart sign-in options missing in Privacy settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello On my computer Windows does't reopen apps after a reboot. I know that most people don't like this feature but I do and I'd like to have it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cianoz, Dec 24, 2019.

1. cianoz Win User

Reopen Apps after restart sign-in options missing in Privacy settings

Hello
    On my computer Windows does't reopen apps after a reboot. I know that most people don't like this feature but I do and I'd like to have it enabled.

AFAIK this option is manager through Account Settings > Sign-in Options > Privacy > Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart.

On my system that option is missing (see attachment). I'm on a domain / Active Directory network, maybe this has something to do with this?
    Does anyone can help to understand why it's not working?

My Windows (10 Pro) version is 1909 build 18363.535

Reopen Apps after restart sign-in options missing in Privacy settings [​IMG]

:)

cianoz, Dec 24, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart  

The ability for Windows 10 to reopen any app capable of registering for a restart if it left open at a restart or shut down was first introduced in the Fall Creators Update 1709.

on a restart Fall Creators Update reopens apps from before Solved - Page 9 - Windows 10 Forums

At that time Firefox was not capable of registering for a restart, but now has that capability. This tutorial tells you how to turn off (or on) that registration in Firefox. But other apps, such as MS Office or IE11 will still restart if left open when you close down. The ability to turn off the Windows 10 function of reopening all such apps (not just Firefox) was introduced in the April 2018 Update 1803.

*Arrow Use sign-in info to auto finish after Update or Restart in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

3. harrymc Win User
    Applications Not Reopening After Restart

Enabling the re-opening of applications is done in
    Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    Place a check-mark next to
    "Use my sign-in info to automatically f‌inish setting up my device
    and reopen my apps after an update or restart".

For more information see the article
    Turn On or Off Use sign-in info to auto finish setting up device and restart apps after update or restart in Windows 10.

However, not all applications are relaunched after a reboot, and the reason is that
    to be eligible for restore the application must register itself for restart
    through Windows API.
    As this is a new option, not many applications do this, which is true even
    for many Microsoft applications.
    You will need to find which applications support restart by trial and error,
    but this might improve in future versions of the applications.

For reopening folders, this is a separate option in Windows Explorer, accessible via
    the View tab on the ribbon, by clicking the Options button.
    You need to enable here the option of "Restore previous folder windows at logon".

harrymc, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Reopen Apps after restart sign-in options missing in Privacy settings

does win10 reopens software/apps on shutdown/restart work for chrome?

This is actually a feature:

Try this work around.

Open Start > Settings > Accounts > sign-in options

Scroll down to Privacy

Toggle off

Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart.

more information:

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/stop-auto-reo...

Andre Da Costa, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Reopen Apps after restart sign-in options missing in Privacy settings

1. Reopen Apps after restart sign-in options missing in Privacy settings - Similar Threads - Reopen Apps restart

2. sign in option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in option is missing: How can I get to computer if the sign in option is missing? I tried to restart multiple times already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-is-missing/718932b5-14b1-43b0-813c-c8b4e811790d
  3. sign in option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign in option is missing: How can I get to computer if the sign in option is missing? I tried to restart multiple times already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-is-missing/718932b5-14b1-43b0-813c-c8b4e811790d
  4. sign in option is missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. "Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings: Hi under the microphone privacy settings I have the option to chose which Microsoft store apps can access my microphone however the option to allow desktop apps access is not there. I've installed all avaialble windows updates and been looking for fixes but everything...
  6. Xbox privacy settings are missing (companion app on a pc)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox privacy settings are missing (companion app on a pc): [ATTACH] Hello. I can't invite people and appear offline to them in xbox companion app. The only solution I found is to change privacy settings, but those are missing from my account completely. \"Fing group\" asks to change privacy settings But you can't change it here...
  7. No camera option in Settings > Privacy.

No camera option in Settings > Privacy.: Hello, I recently bought a Microsoft HD-3000 webcam and I cannot use it because there is no option in settings to allow other apps to use the camera. There is actually no tab called Camera....
  8. sign-on options missing

sign-on options missing: Why don't I have sign-on options when I boot up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-on-options-missing/dcbab909-36d6-44b7-ad60-058d92b5c1e3
  9. Windows 10 apps to not reopen after restart

Windows 10 apps to not reopen after restart: Hi, I am running the latest version of W10. I am on a ThinkPad W530 with 32GB of RAM. My privacy setting is set as per the screenshot below. I am unable to find an answer to this issue online. Please advise. Thanks! [ATTACH] --Sherman *** Email address is removed for...
  10. Missing "Tailored experiences" option in Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing "Tailored experiences" option in Privacy settings: A couple of weeks ago I installed the Windows 10 Pro N 1703 (15063.413) as a new clean installation, i.e. not as an update from an earlier version. Yesterday I thought I would go through and check the privacy settings once again. I watched a couple of Youtube videos on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reopen apps on login