Windows 10: Reopening programs from last session on Windows 10 after reboot/restart

Discus and support Reopening programs from last session on Windows 10 after reboot/restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I want to reopen all programs from last session, I saw there is a related thread here, but no answer was given. In the last reply Charlie said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by swenyang, Mar 14, 2019.

1. swenyang Win User

Reopening programs from last session on Windows 10 after reboot/restart

Hi I want to reopen all programs from last session, I saw there is a related thread here, but no answer was given. In the last reply Charlie said there is an option:

Settings - Accounts - Sign In Options
    “Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart”

However, I cannot find this checkbox in system settings at all.

Is there any way to solve my problem? Thanks!

My Windows 10 version is 1903 (Build 18351.7)

Reopening programs from last session on Windows 10 after reboot/restart ce551b1a-fbbd-4b39-80b7-be4918373314?upload=true.png

:)

swenyang, Mar 14, 2019

2. Reopen Last Browsing Session-IE 11 DOES NOT WORK!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you click on the link below and try the mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Reopen or restore a browsing session or tabs

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...or-restore-previous-browsing-session#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Dugular7 Win User
    Windows 10 reopens program after shutdown or restart

Thanks again for your suggestions.

I have cortana disabled and dont keep a microphone plugged in.

Just to explain further, I know ways to avoid programs reopening by shutting down and restarting in specific ways, therefore my question is not to find other ways to avoid programs reopening on startup. What Im after is a way to avoid programs reopening
    *regardless* of the shut down or restart method used.

Its not the end of the world for me if there isnt a setting, of course we will be fine adapting, but if there is a way to properly disable it then that would make my experience with Windows better.

Dugular7, Mar 14, 2019
  4. D0UG Win User

"reopen last browsing session" not working

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and experiencing a huge inconvenience. The reopen last browsing session does not work. I locked the computer last night via Windows key + L. This morning when I wanted to resume my work, I found the computer had installed updates and rebooted. I opened Internet Explorer but reopen last browsing session was grayed out so not an option. I had 8 tabs open but now I have nothing. I never had such a problem with XP, Vista, or Windows 7. Any suggestions to solve this would be appreciated.

Toshiba laptop Satellite C655

Thema:

1. Reopening programs from last session on Windows 10 after reboot/restart - Similar Threads - Reopening programs last

2. Windows doesn't reliably reopen programs after a shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows doesn't reliably reopen programs after a shutdown: So I started leaving two Chrome windows open, plus a few other things when I shutdown the PC every night, so they reopen the next day and I can continue where I left off. So far it has happened at least 3 times that Windows 10 reopened only spotify and stickies and not...
  3. Windows 10 apps to not reopen after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 apps to not reopen after restart: Hi, I am running the latest version of W10. I am on a ThinkPad W530 with 32GB of RAM. My privacy setting is set as per the screenshot below. I am unable to find an answer to this issue online. Please advise. Thanks! [ATTACH] --Sherman *** Email address is removed for...
  4. How to stop windows from reopening apps on restart?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop windows from reopening apps on restart?: Exactly what it says, what's the fix? is there any way I can stop this from happening? Besides taking extra steps to shut down, 99.9% of the time a restart is done to restart WITH ZERO RUNNING PROGRAMS, If I wanted my programs to restart every time I restarted the pc, I would...
  5. Disable reopening programs after windows update restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable reopening programs after windows update restart: Occasionally, a forced restart is happening on my Windows 10 computer. When the OS is restarted every program that I've had prior to the restart is reopened at startup. The programs are reopened like I would just double-click them. I usually hold 5-6 windows of Visual Studio...
  6. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update feature: Auto Reopen of Programs after Restart in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update feature: Auto Reopen of Programs after Restart in Windows 10: I've find this feature very annoying (and lots of people find this annoying as well) where programs startup after an reboot/restart if left open in the past. When this was added I thought my computer have an worm or an virus or infected somehow due to the Task Manager keep...
  7. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

in Browsers and Email
    Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot: Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of the windows and tabs. Control + shift + tab failed to open the web pages. What is the method to view the history and have it...
  8. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot: Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of the windows and tabs. Control + shift + tab failed to open the web pages. What is the method to view the history and have it...
  9. "reopen last browsing session" not working

in Browsers and Email
    "reopen last browsing session" not working: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and experiencing a huge inconvenience. The reopen last browsing session does not work. I locked the computer last night via Windows key + L. This morning when I wanted to resume my work, I found the computer had installed updates and...
  10. Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen

in Browsers and Email
    Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen: Hi, Im running windows 10 pro with the latest creators update. I didnt have any problems but suddenly and it was before updating to the latest version of windows my edge is unresponsive after rebooting my system. When I open edge after a reboot I can use the menus and...