Windows 10: Reopening programs from last session on Windows 10 after reboot/restart

Discus and support Reopening programs from last session on Windows 10 after reboot/restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I want to reopen all programs from last session, I saw there is a related thread here, but no answer was given. In the last reply Charlie said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by swenyang, Mar 14, 2019.

1. swenyang Win User

Reopening programs from last session on Windows 10 after reboot/restart

Hi I want to reopen all programs from last session, I saw there is a related thread here, but no answer was given. In the last reply Charlie said there is an option:

Settings - Accounts - Sign In Options
    “Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart”

However, I cannot find this checkbox in system settings at all.

Is there any way to solve my problem? Thanks!

My Windows 10 version is 1903 (Build 18351.7)

Reopening programs from last session on Windows 10 after reboot/restart ce551b1a-fbbd-4b39-80b7-be4918373314?upload=true.png

:)

swenyang, Mar 14, 2019

2. Reopen Last Browsing Session-IE 11 DOES NOT WORK!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you click on the link below and try the mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Reopen or restore a browsing session or tabs

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...or-restore-previous-browsing-session#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Dugular7 Win User
    Windows 10 reopens program after shutdown or restart

Thanks again for your suggestions.

I have cortana disabled and dont keep a microphone plugged in.

Just to explain further, I know ways to avoid programs reopening by shutting down and restarting in specific ways, therefore my question is not to find other ways to avoid programs reopening on startup. What Im after is a way to avoid programs reopening
    *regardless* of the shut down or restart method used.

Its not the end of the world for me if there isnt a setting, of course we will be fine adapting, but if there is a way to properly disable it then that would make my experience with Windows better.

Dugular7, Mar 14, 2019
  4. D0UG Win User

"reopen last browsing session" not working

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and experiencing a huge inconvenience. The reopen last browsing session does not work. I locked the computer last night via Windows key + L. This morning when I wanted to resume my work, I found the computer had installed updates and rebooted. I opened Internet Explorer but reopen last browsing session was grayed out so not an option. I had 8 tabs open but now I have nothing. I never had such a problem with XP, Vista, or Windows 7. Any suggestions to solve this would be appreciated.

Toshiba laptop Satellite C655

Thema:

1. Reopening programs from last session on Windows 10 after reboot/restart - Similar Threads - Reopening programs last

2. Restart RDP Session without logging in after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart RDP Session without logging in after reboot.: I'm using a Win 10 Pro PC as a server of sorts to store all my media files and host my dedicated gaming servers. This "server" doesn't have its own keyboard or monitor, I only connect using RDP from my main workstation. This works perfectly. My issue is with windows forcing...
  3. Restart RDP Session without logging in after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart RDP Session without logging in after reboot.: I'm using a Win 10 Pro PC as a server of sorts to store all my media files and host my dedicated gaming servers. This "server" doesn't have its own keyboard or monitor, I only connect using RDP from my main workstation. This works perfectly. My issue is with windows forcing...
  4. Restart RDP Session without logging in after reboot.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to stop Windows 11 from reopening program windows on restart or sign-in

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Windows 11 from reopening program windows on restart or sign-in: Windows 11 may remember which application windows and File Explorer windows you had open the last time to reopen them again. The browser or Microsoft Excel document, which was open the last time, may be opened automatically on the next start. The feature was introduced in...
  6. A way to reopen previously running programs after rebooting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A way to reopen previously running programs after rebooting: Hi, Is it possible to reopen programs I was running after shutting down my PC? I have some PDF files, Reference software (Mendeley) with multiple tabs open and also multiple file explorer paths (multiple browser tabs too, but this is easily retrievable). Would like to get...
  7. Windows 10 keep reopening tabs from my last session at startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keep reopening tabs from my last session at startup.: It’s getting annoying starting my laptop and 10 different things opening up at once on my screen. I did not find any solution on internet, any help would be immensely appreciated!! submitted by /u/Random-someone- [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 apps to not reopen after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 apps to not reopen after restart: Hi, I am running the latest version of W10. I am on a ThinkPad W530 with 32GB of RAM. My privacy setting is set as per the screenshot below. I am unable to find an answer to this issue online. Please advise. Thanks! [ATTACH] --Sherman *** Email address is removed for...
  9. Disable reopening programs after windows update restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable reopening programs after windows update restart: Occasionally, a forced restart is happening on my Windows 10 computer. When the OS is restarted every program that I've had prior to the restart is reopened at startup. The programs are reopened like I would just double-click them. I usually hold 5-6 windows of Visual Studio...
  10. "reopen last browsing session" not working

in Browsers and Email
    "reopen last browsing session" not working: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and experiencing a huge inconvenience. The reopen last browsing session does not work. I locked the computer last night via Windows key + L. This morning when I wanted to resume my work, I found the computer had installed updates and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reopen last session explorer 11 - windows 8.1 - JULY 2019