Windows 10: Reopening windows at edge of screen.

Discus and support Reopening windows at edge of screen. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've noticed something in Windows 10 that I've not experienced in previous versions, and I'm wondering if there's a registry setting to configure.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/control_H, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Reopening windows at edge of screen.

I've noticed something in Windows 10 that I've not experienced in previous versions, and I'm wondering if there's a registry setting to configure.

If I have multiple windows open, so not just one big maximized window, I like to arrange them so they are touching the edges of the screen they are closest too. This way I'm not wasting an screen space.

I know I can snap windows to the screen edges, but that seems to always want to resize the snapped window so it touches the entire part of that side the screen. Like, if I have a shell window open, and just want it to be nestled right up in the top left of my screen, only using about 1/12 of my total screen area, I know I can try to snap it to that top-left corner, but then Windows wants to resize it so it stretches from the top of the screen to the bottom. That isn't what I want. So instead I carefully align it to that top-left corner. This works fine.

OK, now *here* is the issue. When I close that window and then reopen it, it reopens up in the top left again, but it is no longer exactly in the top-left where I placed it. It is moved a few pixels down and to the right from that corner. So I have to carefully move it again. This happens with all windows I open on the desktop, not just with shell windows. Any window I had previously aligned against any edge of the screen aligns several pixels away from that screen edge when the window is closed and reopened. Why do they not reopen exactly where they were? This never happened in previous versions of Windows, and it's really irritating to have to carefully put everything back where I want it each time I reopen my browser, email client, or whatever.

Has anyone else noticed this? I tried Googling to see if there's a setting I can modify to prevent this from happening but all the pages I found were instructions on how to use the edge-snap feature, which is not what I want. Does anyone know of a way to modify Windows 10 so reopening windows will reopen them exactly where they were, edge-aligned, instead of nudging them away from the edges of the screen?

submitted by /u/control_H
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/control_H, Jul 11, 2020

2. Edge always reopens on primary screen

Hi Zoran,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Try the steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click on the more actions icon (…) and then click on
      settings.

• Change the Open with to previous pages.

• Close and open EDGE browser and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Ruzickav Win User
    Edge has problem with reopenning last tabs

Since update 1511 Edge starts to lose list of "Last opened pages" (or browsing sessions or last opened tab...don't know exactly the name of the function) and open only blank page or topsites - depends on settings. Usually it reopens without PC restart. And
    usually it doesn't reopen after PC restart. BUT as I said... usually Reopening windows at edge of screen. :) Before update 1511 it was working well. I have switched from IE to Edge especially because of disappearing "Last opened" list in IE :-( and now there is same problem in Edge :-(

Any solution?

Best regards

Vladimir Ruzicka

Ruzickav, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Reopening windows at edge of screen.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Reopening windows at edge of screen.

1. Reopening windows at edge of screen. - Similar Threads - Reopening edge screen

2. Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen.: Hey guys, Recently transferred my Windows install to a new drive, and now it refuses to shutdown/sleep. Tried through cmd, windows menu, and physical buttons on case, however every time it will just go back to the windows sign in screen after screen going black for 2-3...
  3. Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen.: Hey guys, Recently transferred my Windows install to a new drive, and now it refuses to shutdown/sleep. Tried through cmd, windows menu, and physical buttons on case, however every time it will just go back to the windows sign in screen after screen going black for 2-3...
  4. Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Fullscreen reopening problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen reopening problem: I started having a fullscreen problem. Whenever i minimalize any game fullscreen, I can´t get back by alt+tab or by clicking on icon on task bar. I have to always open new window and minimalize the other non-fullscreen window in order to "reopen" the fullscreen I minimalized...
  6. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

in Browsers and Email
    Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot: Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of the windows and tabs. Control + shift + tab failed to open the web pages. What is the method to view the history and have it...
  7. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot: Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of the windows and tabs. Control + shift + tab failed to open the web pages. What is the method to view the history and have it...
  8. Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen

in Browsers and Email
    Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen: Hi, Im running windows 10 pro with the latest creators update. I didnt have any problems but suddenly and it was before updating to the latest version of windows my edge is unresponsive after rebooting my system. When I open edge after a reboot I can use the menus and...
  9. Windows explorer keeps reopening?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows explorer keeps reopening?: After I experienced crash, which was caused I thing due to bad RAM which I replaced then, I couldn't repair windows to the state it was. I have problems with windows explorer, it reopens, almost every time I open WE and then closed it, it reopens again to the same folder....
  10. Notepad keeps reopening

in Windows 10 Support
    Notepad keeps reopening: The notepad on my windows 10 keeps reopening.I browsed through the task manager and on the command line I found this: C:\Windows\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\hlfkrt.text Please help me in resolving this 95460