Windows 10: Reopening Word/Excel Documents

Discus and support Reopening Word/Excel Documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was just wondering if there's a way to get programs such as Word or Excel to re-open your documents/files you had open before shutting down. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChristinaDare, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Reopening Word/Excel Documents

I was just wondering if there's a way to get programs such as Word or Excel to re-open your documents/files you had open before shutting down. I typically have anywhere from 4 to 12 word documents open and I don't shut down my computer anymore because it's a hassle to reopen all of them afterwards. I know there's the recent files section but sometimes I have a document on the right page so when I just hover over the document on the task bar it'll give me the information I need. That just pushes the document out of my recent files list because I'm cycling through so many others.

:)

ChristinaDare, Jun 29, 2021

2. Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

Have the same problem, here are my conditions:

- Windows 10 Professional x64.

- Office 2007 Ultimate.

- Opening Word and Excel documents is slow when Word/Excel not currently open/running.

- Opening the Word/Excel document with Word/Excel already open is fast/normal.

Solution is the same as reported:

1) Disable Cortana.

2) Restart Windows.

Step 2 is very important.

wayne_9901, Jun 29, 2021
  3. yapchagi Win User
    Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

in my case, I don't need to restart windows. Closing cortana completely will make opening word and excel files fast like usual.

yapchagi, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Reopening Word/Excel Documents

Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files

For the last few days, something weird happens with my office 16 apps, I had about 3 excel documents and 1 word document that I use daily (network files). But since a while, when I close Excel or word, , if I reopen it, even right away, those files
    that I was just using are no longer in the Recent documents and there is a list of files I have never used before instead. But if I go to "Quick Access" through Windows Explorer, the list of the files I normally use (and were open before I closed excel)
    are listed there.

What can I do to stop this from happening?? besides opening the file directly.

Thanks.

karine1976, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

Reopening Word/Excel Documents

1. Reopening Word/Excel Documents - Similar Threads - Reopening Word Excel

2. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  3. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  4. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem with document Officce Word, Excel, ... in mode offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with document Officce Word, Excel, ... in mode offline: I have a problem with the offline mode of the sync center in all office documents. When I am working in online mode I can do anything I want but when I put it in offline mode I cannot edit any office files, and if I create any they are not saved either. I need help because...
  6. Brown box on the corner of Word-Excel-PDF Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brown box on the corner of Word-Excel-PDF Documents: Suddenly today on my wifes Windows 11 PC most of her documents had a brown File box over the bottom left corner of a document and most she can no longer openShe does not use one drive, uses dropboxreceives an error message when trying to open them...
  7. My document saved in Word ,Excel and PPt not accessible

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My document saved in Word ,Excel and PPt not accessible: Since the recent window upgrade my documents are not opening any more. Pls see the attached error screenshot. Kindly advise on what to do to access and edit my saved documents on my laptop, Thanks...
  8. Making Labels in Word with Excel document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Making Labels in Word with Excel document: Hello, I'm trying to make raffle tickets in Word2016. I have the tickets created and designed how I would like dimension-wise. I have created a "label" mail merge which successfully duplicated all the tickets. I created an Excel2016 file with the numbers 100-350 and saved...
  9. Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint: There is now a "feature" which has lost me documents (or would have had I not had backups). As many people do, I sometimes load an old document to act as a template, making suitable amendments and saving it under a new name. The problem is that unless I remember to...
  10. New Document Inspector for Excel, PowerPoint, and Word

in Windows 10 News
    New Document Inspector for Excel, PowerPoint, and Word: Beginning with the November and December 2014 updates for Microsoft Office 2013 and 2010, several enhancements are being added to the Document Inspector, also known as the “Check for Issues” tool in Excel, PowerPoint and Word. The Document Inspector helps you to prepare your...