Windows 10: Reordering pictures within a folder in My Pictures

Discus and support Reordering pictures within a folder in My Pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A friend sent me a picture which I want to insert into a folder of My Pictures. How can I insert it in the right order or move it where I want it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GraceLusk, Nov 25, 2019.

1. GraceLusk Win User

Reordering pictures within a folder in My Pictures

A friend sent me a picture which I want to insert into a folder of My Pictures. How can I insert it in the right order or move it where I want it within the folder?

:)

GraceLusk, Nov 25, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 25, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Reordering pictures within a folder in My Pictures [​IMG]

mrgeek, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Reordering pictures within a folder in My Pictures - Similar Threads - Reordering pictures within

2. drag and drop picture files within folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drag and drop picture files within folders: where are controls for drag and drop picture files within folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-picture-files-within-folders/ae3e96bf-a754-44b5-99d2-67f62c9fbcfa
  3. Pictures in Pictures folder

Pictures in Pictures folder: The pictures in my pictures folder are downloaded to my hard drive, but today I looked in the folder and they were gone. It could be a OneDrive thing or the fact that i imported photos with the photos app last night. I would like to get my pictures back....
  4. moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer

moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer: How can you move a picture within the same folder ? I used to be able to just click & drag and now that does not work...I want to manually move the pictures...
  5. Manual reorder pictures in folder

Manual reorder pictures in folder: Good evening I am in the process of creating a photobook and need to manually reorder my pictures in my folder as none of the sort options are suitable. Is there a way to drag and drop, or cut and paste to do this. Thanks Diane...
  6. moving pictures within a file

moving pictures within a file: There must be an easy way to move pictures within a file?? Help * Moved from education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-pictures-within-a-file/56f6cfc3-eb25-4fef-ab9e-133459b78f26"
  7. My Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Pictures Folder: In my pictures folders, I can see all my pictures, but on the right side about 30% of the screen it gives you details of the that picture. What I need to know is the shortcut to fix this problem and how to get arkof that 30% on the right side . . . Thanks for reading this...
  8. my pictures folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    my pictures folder: my pictures folder displays all my pictures, it also displays about 30% on the right, a section that gives info on each picture. I don't want that. I would rather see all the pictures full screen. I will watch this forum for an answer or send the fix, to my email. Thank...
  9. Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

Pictures in Pictures folder will not open: Pictures will not open in any app or program. I get error messages that I do not have permission to open these files. I have already checked and re-checked the permissions. I am the administrator on my computer. I've run the various diagnostics from the command prompt....
  10. Saving pictures to a picture folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving pictures to a picture folder: I went into my pc and opened up the pictures folder. I created a new folder within the folder. I drag and dropped a picture into the folder. I tried to drag and drop a second picture into the folder and it said I couldn't because there was already a file of the same name....