Windows 10: reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

Discus and support reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 4 word documents pinned to the taskbar shortcut menu - when I right-click the word tab on the taskbar, they pop up along with recently used Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RaffiBTC, Mar 3, 2022.

1. RaffiBTC Win User

reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

I have 4 word documents pinned to the taskbar shortcut menu - when I right-click the word tab on the taskbar, they pop up along with recently used Word files. Is there any way to reorder the pinned files?

:)

RaffiBTC, Mar 3, 2022

2. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 3, 2022
  3. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 3, 2022
  4. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

How to pin website shortcut to taskbar?

I have a shortcut on the desktop that goes to this link:

Mango Languages

It works fine, but when I right click there is no option to pin to taskbar.

I read the instructions to pin shortcut to taskbar, but in this case there is no option.

What do you suggest?

Thanks - RF

Roger Furnival, Mar 3, 2022
Thema:

reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

1. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts - Similar Threads - reordering pinned taskbar

2. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts: I have 4 word documents pinned to the taskbar shortcut menu - when I right-click the word tab on the taskbar, they pop up along with recently used Word files. Is there any way to reorder the pinned files?...
  3. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts: I have 4 word documents pinned to the taskbar shortcut menu - when I right-click the word tab on the taskbar, they pop up along with recently used Word files. Is there any way to reorder the pinned files?...
  4. some shortcuts not allowed to be pinned to the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    some shortcuts not allowed to be pinned to the taskbar: can anyone tell me why this is. when I drag some of them to the TB in win 10, the icon/widget that accompanies it is a red circle with a line through it. like an empty set symbol in mathematics. I've seen that many times before with random shortcuts. there is no pattern...
  5. cannot pin shortcuts to taskbar sometimes

cannot pin shortcuts to taskbar sometimes: can you guys tell me why this is? in the first image below, I am attempting to put a shortcut icon in the taskbar and windows does not create a space for it. perhaps because the file is an ''xlsx'' and excel is already in the bar? in the 2nd image, it **does** create a...
  6. Cannot reorder taskbar toolbar buttons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot reorder taskbar toolbar buttons: [ATTACH] I have not used taskbar toolbars for a while because I was using a third-party solution, but I'm putting together a basic VM for testing. I just added a toolbar and when I tried to reorder the buttons like I used to in Windows 7 I was surprised that I couldn't....
  7. Pinned shortcuts to taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pinned shortcuts to taskbar: Hi, Shortcuts pinned to Edge and Excel on tasksbar in Windows 10 cannot be moved up and down with the mouse like I used to in Windows 7. Is this no longer possible in Windows 10 or do I have an error or setting that can be fixed? If so any suggestions are welcome....
  8. Taskbar - Is there a way to Pin a container of shortcuts?

Taskbar - Is there a way to Pin a container of shortcuts?: Is there a way to Pin an object to the taskbar that when I clicked it, it would fly out a menu of shortcuts/programs I put in there? Kind of like jump lists for specific programs except it would be a bunch of shortcuts. For work I have a variety of tools I use throughout the...
  9. pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar: I have always had shortcuts pinned to my Firefox icon in my taskbar like windows 10 forum,the login for my work place, you tube,ETC.but the short cuts are gone on my windows 32 they are still on my win.64 ..When I drag a short to my win.32 Firefox Icon in taskbar it says pen...
  10. Pin shortcut to Sound to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin shortcut to Sound to taskbar: I have a shortcut to ControlPanel/Sound: %windir%\system32\mmsys.cpl which I'd like to pin to the taskbar. The open window has no pin option. I tried dragging mmsys.cpl to the tasbar, which created a pinned icon but the icon brings up the Default programs window, not sound....