Windows 10: Repacing battery in Bose Mini II speaker

Discus and support Repacing battery in Bose Mini II speaker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there I like using the Bose Mini II speaker -- after 5 years the battery has finally died -- I can get a replacement (34 EUR Amazon) but I see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Jan 29, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Repacing battery in Bose Mini II speaker

Hi there

I like using the Bose Mini II speaker -- after 5 years the battery has finally died -- I can get a replacement (34 EUR Amazon) but I see the battery is soldered on to a small circuit board.

I've disassembled the speaker system and am not a stranger to using a Soldering Iron -- just want to know if anybody here on the Forum has attempted successfully to do this.

(A replacement speaker system would cost around 200 EUR so IMO it's worth "having a go with the replacement" ).

The speaker system sounds excellent is very portable and has good Blue tooth as well and it works with Windows just OK - the replacement battery is bigger so a full charge will give continuous use of around 18 - 24 hours - If I don't break the old one.

Sometimes it's worth trying this stuff out if the hardware is "repairable" -- although why manufacturers have to solder bayyeries in when just a little connector would make changing batteries easy -- suppose they want to make money by people sending device off for bayyery replacement or getting them to buy a new device !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 29, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Repacing battery in Bose Mini II speaker

For $75 seems Bose will fix it for you, but honestly, sounds like a horrible product.
    I have an Echo Show 8 Alexa device and it has great sound, and is about the price of a battery fix, and can do so many more things. Has no battery which is a plus. Runs off DC power from a power brick plugged into the wall
    In looking through it's menu, I saw you can connect Bluetooth speakers to it.
    You can browse web with firefox, it will play netflix, and it will talk to you. Has a very nice looking touch screen. I got it for a Christmas gift from my parents. I can make video call by saying call 'momdad'. Has a sliding shutter so you can turn off the video too for privacy. You can also control it thru the Alexa app on your phone or by its onscreen menus.

It may be someone could design a battery stand for it to make it portable. But battery life is not great on every battery powered computer like thing I have owned.

sdowney717, Jan 29, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

I like using the Bose Mini II speaker -- after 5 years the battery has finally died -- I can get a replacement (34 EUR Amazon) but I see the battery is soldered on to a small circuit board.

I've disassembled the speaker system and am not a stranger to using a Soldering Iron -- just want to know if anybody here on the Forum has attempted successfully to do this.

(A replacement speaker system would cost around 200 EUR so IMO it's worth "having a go with the replacement" ).

The speaker system sounds excellent is very portable and has good Blue tooth as well and it works with Windows just OK - the replacement battery is bigger so a full charge will give continuous use of around 18 - 24 hours - If I don't break the old one.

Sometimes it's worth trying this stuff out if the hardware is "repairable" -- although why manufacturers have to solder bayyeries in when just a little connector would make changing batteries easy -- suppose they want to make money by people sending device off for bayyery replacement or getting them to buy a new device !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Repacing battery in Bose Mini II speaker - Similar Threads - Repacing battery Bose

2. Windows 11 problem with Bose Soundlink Color II speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 problem with Bose Soundlink Color II speaker: I upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I pair my Bose Soundlink Color II speaker it show ups as a headset after pairing and the sound quality is poor...
  3. Windows 11 problem with Bose Soundlink Color II speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 problem with Bose Soundlink Color II speaker: I upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I pair my Bose Soundlink Color II speaker it show ups as a headset after pairing and the sound quality is poor...
  4. Bose Companion 2 Series II speakers stopped working - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bose Companion 2 Series II speakers stopped working - Windows 10: My external speakers have just [Jan 2022] stopped working has there been a windows update that has made them incompatible?Has there been an update to the Realtek driver that makes my Bose incompatible?My PC is an ASUS all in one and the internal speakers work.I have checked...
  5. Bose Companion 2 Series II speakers stopped working - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bose Companion 2 Series II speakers stopped working - Windows 10: My external speakers have just [Jan 2022] stopped working has there been a windows update that has made them incompatible?Has there been an update to the Realtek driver that makes my Bose incompatible?My PC is an ASUS all in one and the internal speakers work.I have checked...
  6. Bose Companion 2 Series II speakers stopped working - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. A solution to connect a BOSE Mini II SE Soundlink speaker to a PC with Win 10

A solution to connect a BOSE Mini II SE Soundlink speaker to a PC with Win 10: I finally got my BOSE Mini II SE Soundlink speaker to connect and work. Note that using the Setting: "+Add Bluetooth and other devices" to connect did result in a connection under “Other devices” but not under “Audio”:The Bose Mini II SE Soundlink speaker did not show up on...
  8. Repacing battery in Bose Mini II speaker

Repacing battery in Bose Mini II speaker: Hi there I like using the Bose Mini II speaker -- after 5 years the battery has finally died -- I can get a replacement (34 EUR Amazon) but I see the battery is soldered on to a small circuit board. I've disassembled the speaker system and am not a stranger to using a...
  9. Bose Mini II is connected but stops playing music

Bose Mini II is connected but stops playing music: Holiday Greetings Microsoft. I am having issues with my Bose Mini II which is still connected but plays no music. This seems to happen if I come back from being away from the computer for an extended period of time. I cannot delete the connection from the Bluetooth list as...
  10. Bose Mini II is connected but stop playing music

Bose Mini II is connected but stop playing music: Holiday Greetings Microsoft. I am having issues with my Bose Mini II which is still connected but plays no music. This seems to happen if I come back from being away from the computer for an extended period of time. I cannot delete the connection from the Bluetooth list as...