Windows 10: Repair all of Windows Scan and fax files

Discus and support Repair all of Windows Scan and fax files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It says i dont have permission to set up a fax modem, if i click fax settings i get Access is denied 5, 11000001122, and i cant really do much so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by matthewcamilleri, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Repair all of Windows Scan and fax files

It says i dont have permission to set up a fax modem, if i click fax settings i get Access is denied 5, 11000001122, and i cant really do much so someone please help me

:)

matthewcamilleri, Jul 26, 2020

2. Windows10 fax and Scan folders

Unstumped! Thanks for the push Ken, into sending a new fax. The light eventually dawned on me that the file names of the sent faxes differed over several groups of characters to those of the 'new' sent fax. After a laborious cut and paste operation on all sent faxes I now have a complete record.

Out of interest, I also found this useful 'help' from M$ for missing 'sent' faxes.

• Go to the Control Panel and select Programs and features.
    • On the left side select Turn Windows Features on or off.
    • Scroll down to Print and Document services.
    • Select the plus sign to expand.
    • Remove the check from Windows FAX and Scan.
    • Select OK.
    To install repeat the steps and put a check mark, restart the computer.

Huzzah!

mikephillips, Jul 26, 2020
  3. GafferVI Win User
    Windows Fax & Scan files not visible after upgrade

Performed the upgrade to Win 10 and everything seemed to go well but when I opened Windows Fax & Scan, all of my past documents are not listed (inbox/ sent / etc. are empty)!

Suggestions as to where these files are now located???

GafferVI, Jul 26, 2020
  4. mrtorch Win User

Repair all of Windows Scan and fax files

Windows 10 fax and scan

I think I found the answer.

I also was having a problem with fax and scan and desparate to find an answer. I always faxed PDF files as attachments. My PDF files would not fax. Apparently it didn't care for the pdf file icon I was attaching. Open any file you would like to fax,
    open the properties of the file and click on change icon. I'm just a novice tooling around. Interested in finding out if I solved anyone's problem. I have no problems with fax and scan now.

mrtorch, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Repair all of Windows Scan and fax files

1. Repair all of Windows Scan and fax files - Similar Threads - Repair Scan fax

2. Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan: I deleted Windows Fax and Scan because I was having some issues with it, thinking that may help. Now I cant find an option to reinstall it. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan/df6b6ccb-4c4c-4556-9fb8-eb57eee2e3f4
  3. Windows fax and scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fax and scan: How do you get the Windows fax and scan feature to scan as a document and not a picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan/9ad18014-5d46-46ec-80f8-c8cdbd8d867b
  4. Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Fax and Scan: I think an image has got "stuck" somewhere in the "Print" portion of the program. I put a paper on the glass, Preview it, then resize it up and Scan the resized image-- as I have done for years. But then when I hit Print, the screen shows me an old image, not the new one...
  5. Windows Fax and scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Fax and scan: I am running windows 10 Pro. Windows Fax and Scan does not appear under Turn Windows Features On or OFF, Print and Document Services. I get a fatal error when I try to Fax. How do I get it to appear?...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan: I have an HP all in one printer/fax/scan/copy. It has its own scan program, but it doesn't give me any flexibility to adjust margins, etc. I opened Windows Fax and Scan, but it won't recognize my printer, even though it works with the HP scan program. I've gone into the...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan: Is there a setup wizard in this program? I tried to setup and account but it doesnt recognize my network name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan/fd3f0f22-5802-4f55-8f52-f8a66369a4fe
  8. Windows fax and scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows fax and scan: When i try to Add fax moden to Windows fax and scan i get message: you don't have security permissions to complete this operation. Contact your fax administrator for more information. I am the administrator? What do I do next? Any assistance is appreciated?...
  9. windows scan and fax

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows scan and fax: Windows scan and fax permission by Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-scan-and-fax/f3bdae21-3dc3-4a7f-8f2d-7b56d78637a2"
  10. Windows fax and scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows fax and scan: Why can we not scan to PDF. using the Windows fax and scan software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-fax-and-scan/8c8c6b51-14b6-45d4-a267-43d3c9b1998a