Windows 10: repair and diagnosing loop

Discus and support repair and diagnosing loop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all I just bought a hp 15 laptop with windows 10. turned it on did the set up which took 2 hr. by the way. Now its stuck on preparing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jenrob08, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Jenrob08 Win User

repair and diagnosing loop

Hi all

I just bought a hp 15 laptop with windows 10. turned it on did the set up which took 2 hr. by the way. Now its stuck on preparing and diagnosing your pc. Ive tried a few things, removed the battery, did start up repair, reset pc. any suggestions. or do i need to take this back to the store.

thanks

jen

:)

Jenrob08, Nov 30, 2019

2. Preparing Automatic Repair/Diagnosing Your PC Loop

Hi,

To resolve your concern with continuously looping your system, we suggest that you follow the Startup Repair steps below:

• Turn off your computer.
    • Turn on your computer. As soon as you see the Windows logo with the spinning dots, press and hold down the power button until your computer turns off. Do this process
      twice.
    • Turn on your computer for the third time, and let it load.
    • It should give you the message: Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • On the next screen that would appear, click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Go to Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.
    • Wait for the repair to finish.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Nov 30, 2019
  4. copiman Win User

Infinite Repair Loop

I have an HP 14-ac151nr laptop. It attempts to diagnose and repair but loops. Cannot access safemode.

Have tried startup repair
    bootrec.exe with /rebuildbcd & /fixmbr & /fixboot
    chkdisk

I found this while searching the forum. Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums and tried it. on step 13 it said "The file sizes presented here are approximate estimations, and may vary depending on your system. If any one of them are 0 bytes, then you should stop what you're doing now and seek an alternative method of recovering your system, because Windows cannot function with a 0-byte size registry hive."

Of course everything was 0-byte.*Mad

I would assume its toast and I would need to do a clean install, or maybe a repair install or something else? Not sure what is the best action at this point. Need advice.

copiman, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

1. repair and diagnosing loop - Similar Threads - repair diagnosing loop

2. Windows 10 diagnosing PC loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 diagnosing PC loop: I believe this is a hard drive problem but I just want to be 100% sure before I replace the HHD with an SSD.Since around last week I've just been having non-stop problems with my Windows 10 Asus computer.The first time this happened, I simply booted up my PC as normal and it...
  3. diagnosing your computer loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    diagnosing your computer loop: Own a dell 15-3567 laptop running win 10The unit does a daily scheduled incremental backup image to aWD external drive. On startup the unit goes into a “Preparing Auto repair” then into” Diagnosing Your computer “loop. So1. On startup continued hitting “F8” It opens into a...
  4. diagnosing your computer loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    diagnosing your computer loop: Own a dell 15-3567 laptop running win 10The unit does a daily scheduled incremental backup image to aWD external drive. On startup the unit goes into a “Preparing Auto repair” then into” Diagnosing Your computer “loop. So1. On startup continued hitting “F8” It opens into a...
  5. diagnosing your computer loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Automatic Repair/ Diagnosing Your PC error loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair/ Diagnosing Your PC error loop.: [IMG] Updated to Windows 10 feature update 2004 last night and then restarted the laptop. For 12 hours now, my laptop is stuck in this automatic repair loop and I swear I have tried all the troubleshooting methods. At this point, it's not even detecting my Windows login or...
  7. Automatic Repair/ Diagnosing Your PC error loop.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Repair/ Diagnosing Your PC error loop.: [IMG] Updated to Windows 10 feature update 2004 last night and then restarted the laptop. For 12 hours now, my laptop is stuck in this automatic repair loop and I swear I have tried all the troubleshooting methods. At this point, it's not even detecting my Windows login or...
  8. Windows 10 - Infinite Loop of: "Preparing Automatic Repair" > "Diagnosing PC" > "Checking...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Infinite Loop of: "Preparing Automatic Repair" > "Diagnosing PC" > "Checking...: Hello everyone! I am about to throw this newest Microsoft computer out the window! I am currently typing on this forum with good ol' windows 7 and I'm looking for help to fix this Windows 10 PC. As per the title since I updated the computer to the most recent Windows...
  9. Stuck in automatic repair /diagnosing PC reboot loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in automatic repair /diagnosing PC reboot loop: Currently I am stuck in this automatic repair /diagnosing PC loop. I force shutdown my lenovo G480 laptop as it was unable to get out of sleep mode and this happened. Currently every option I am given results in the same loop happening over or it just doesn't work. I cannot...
  10. Diagnosing your PC loop and Resetting this PC loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Diagnosing your PC loop and Resetting this PC loop: My computer froze and I restarted it. After it turned off and started back up, it didn't boot into windows. At first it was giving me a message about inserting the boot media. I reset it again and loaded windows 10 and it went to a "Diagnosing your PC" loop where it would sit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp diagnosing your pc/preparing automatic repair