Windows 10: Repair broken location path in "This PC" Folder

Discus and support Repair broken location path in "This PC" Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyoneI recently add a Windows/Linux dual-boot to my computer. To access files from both OS, I created a NTFS partition called D:, created the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VincentChtln, May 13, 2021.

1. Repair broken location path in "This PC" Folder

Hello everyoneI recently add a Windows/Linux dual-boot to my computer. To access files from both OS, I created a NTFS partition called D:, created the native user folders structure Documents, Images, Music, Videos, etc. and moved all my personnal files into them.Then I changed folder paths location in "This PC" to easily access the new structure, for example changing "C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents" to "D:\Documents" in Properties->Location Tab.Most changes went fine and folders in D: were correctly linked, but I made a typo mistake and wrote D:Videos let's

:)

VincentChtln, May 13, 2021

2. Last folder path location

Hi,

Please share the information to assist you better.

• How are trying to save the file?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    Open the location that you want to create the folder. Using Windows File Explorer, navigate to the location that you want your new folder to reside. You can create a folder at any location on your hard drive.

Click the "New Folder" button in the menu bar at the top of the window to create a new folder in the preferred location.

This cannot be achieved in Windows 10 because it is designed in such a way. Although you can send your valuable feedback to this link.

I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 Builds to enhance user experience.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 13, 2021
  3. Last folder path location

Rakesh, did you understand the question? It had nothing to do with how to create a folder.

SteveMettee, May 13, 2021
  4. Nicrite Win User

Repair broken location path in "This PC" Folder

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Repair broken location path in "This PC" Folder

1. Repair broken location path in "This PC" Folder - Similar Threads - Repair broken location

2. file path not located

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file path not located: i am receiving an Error when attempting to access a file that the file path cannot be located on c:drive. it was previously accessible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-not-located/9ccdbaa8-5f5d-41f2-9531-67827f526a81
  3. file path not located

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file path not located: i am receiving an Error when attempting to access a file that the file path cannot be located on c:drive. it was previously accessible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-not-located/9ccdbaa8-5f5d-41f2-9531-67827f526a81
  4. file path not located

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. There is no "Location" tab, after known folder is moved to other path by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no "Location" tab, after known folder is moved to other path by...: Hi, I used the API SHSetKnownFolderPathshell32.dll to move the known folder "Documents" from c:\Users\username to other drive, for example d:\.Before move: C:\Users\username\DocumentsAfter move: D:\DocumentsIn windows 10, after "Documents" is moved, I right click the...
  6. There is no "Location" tab, after known folder is moved to other path by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no "Location" tab, after known folder is moved to other path by...: Hi, I used the API SHSetKnownFolderPathshell32.dll to move the known folder "Documents" from c:\Users\username to other drive, for example d:\.Before move: C:\Users\username\DocumentsAfter move: D:\DocumentsIn windows 10, after "Documents" is moved, I right click the...
  7. Folder Path "\..\..\"

Folder Path "\..\..\": Could you please let me know what the slash and period "\..\..\" notation mean in a folder path:C:\Users\Username\Documents\Project\..\..\SubProject\Module.basas I'm trying to understand and old VB6 project that errors out on the path?Thank you.DeuceSactown, USA...
  8. Missing "\" in "This PC" Folder location path

Missing "\" in "This PC" Folder location path: Hello everyoneI recently add a Windows/Linux dual-boot to my computer. To access files from both OS, I created a NTFS partition called D:, created the native user folders structure Documents, Images, Music, Videos, etc. and moved all my personnal files into them.Then I...
  9. Broken PATH

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken PATH: Ok so I had some issues when trying to install a python library but I was still getting big error messages. The python discord server informed me this is because my PATH is broken Here is the full error message & : The term...
  10. OneDrive & documents folder seem to have each other's folder path location.

OneDrive & documents folder seem to have each other's folder path location.: I have bought a new computer. In File Explorer it has its usual Windows C: Drive and I have a Storage Drive D:. My aim is to put my library files Documents, Pictures etc. in storage on Storage Drive D:. Before I can do that, I have noticed an anomaly that needs fixing...