Windows 10: Repair by Microsoft Tech Support with 10 digit case file number; refund?

Discus and support Repair by Microsoft Tech Support with 10 digit case file number; refund? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was working with 4th tech support in windows 10 repair, my setting icons does not activate. They said there was an error and were going to pay me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidRich2, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Repair by Microsoft Tech Support with 10 digit case file number; refund?

I was working with 4th tech support in windows 10 repair, my setting icons does not activate. They said there was an error and were going to pay me $300 as a refund, then they put in $1,350 from Chase Bank, said it was an error, my bank said nothing was deposited. Is this valid? all I want is to have my setting opened to see about windows update and window defender, i do not want the money, I just want to know what to do to get my system restored, tried twice with previous tech reps, got the 10 digit case number and e-mails, but still can not open and run settings. Any ideas? they ran system restore, I did it once and with back up got it right, but it crashed again. they did it, using Windows 10 and it was able to prevent loss of all files, but then they said my Windows would not work any more. they said the computer was no longer getting updates to windows, to my AMD HD Graphics processor. They valiated I have 70 unused reward points in my Microsoft account and that my balance is $0.00.

do i go to th Geek Squad at Best Buy for the review and repair, do i just use this as a boat anchor?

The last guy worked for about 1 hour said he needed 4 more hours to work on my computer with GoToAssist and with Remote PC software apps. I watch as they both failed, he tried 3 times for Setting Icon to run, like me, as I tried, it froze up for 30 to 40 seconds and went blank. However in the system recover, with just 18 hours of life before failure, the click on the icon to run and go; loading blue circle launched for window defender. Again 2 tries and with 2 more failures to run.

Using other steps, I can get into Windows Defender and all is good, updates are good, firewall and protection, all categories are good. but i can not get into settings. It is looking like a hardware failure, not a software glitch. I think only a bench tech can resolve this one, needs an oscillascope to measure voltage flows and ohms, not just programming updates. I hope this is a learning curve practice for me and you.

With new lap tops at $129 at wally world, is that the solution?

:)

DavidRich2, Jun 27, 2019

2. Tech support Case Number

I was in a chat secession with Microsoft Support/Digital River India

They could not help me but was told there is a solution and to contact

microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/contact/

They gave me a case number so that Microsoft would know how to help based on what transpired in my chat support experience.

However is nothing specific at the above URL that I can leave the case number with to get the support I need.

What am I missing here?

How do I get in contact with Microsoft to follow up on my case?

SOLUTION Found under Setting/region not set to US the country where my card is issued from

ChiriquiPanama, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Refund for 1 year of tech support

My bank account shows a $134 charge from MSBILL.INFO for a year of tech support I didn't intend. I do not need this support and want a refund. I have completed the steps for cancelling reoccurring billing on this but it appears the support will continue
    until about a year from now and I won't be refunded. Please cancel this support immediately and refund the $134 or tell me who I can talk to to get this done.

Thank you!

ScottJensen4, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Repair by Microsoft Tech Support with 10 digit case file number; refund?

Microsoft Offer Refunds on Digital Purchases at Windows and Xbox Store

Read more: Microsoft to Offer Refunds on Digital Purchases at Windows and Xbox Stores - Thurrott.com

Brink, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Repair by Microsoft Tech Support with 10 digit case file number; refund?

1. Repair by Microsoft Tech Support with 10 digit case file number; refund? - Similar Threads - Repair Microsoft Tech

2. I have a case number for support,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a case number for support,: Results for "case #1034324890Where can I find this case? I need to add to it, and now they are not answering my emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-case-number-for-support/6e01c508-f0a7-42f0-8fcc-a8a2ab9486d4
  3. I have a case number for support,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a case number for support,: Results for "case #1034324890Where can I find this case? I need to add to it, and now they are not answering my emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-case-number-for-support/6e01c508-f0a7-42f0-8fcc-a8a2ab9486d4
  4. I have a case number for support,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft tech support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft tech support: I have been trying to contact a live person at Microsoft support for windows. However the support bot will not let me. It askes me to sign-in twice and will not let me past the second sign-in! So I cannot talk to a person! What can I do. When I call tech support they say...
  6. tech refund

tech refund: Is 1 919 659 8999 a real support for msn and win 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/tech-refund/6f324503-1d0e-4b9a-96e2-35cd48ad5b0b
  7. $299 refund for Windows Tech Support ending

$299 refund for Windows Tech Support ending: Has anyone received a call regarding a $299. refund for Windows tech support for home use ending? The caller wanted me to give remote access to my computer. I hung up. I just didn't know if anyone else has encountered this?...
  8. Norton Tech Support Number * *** *** ****

Norton Tech Support Number * *** *** ****: Norton Tech Support Number 1-844-947-4746 Norton Phone Number 1-844-947-4746 Norton Technical Support Number 1-844-947-4746 Norton customer support Number 1-844-947-4746 Norton customer service Number 1-844-947-4746 Norton Tech Support Phone Number 1-844-947-4746 Norton...
  9. Refund for 1 year of tech support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refund for 1 year of tech support: My bank account shows a $134 charge from MSBILL.INFO for a year of tech support I didn't intend. I do not need this support and want a refund. I have completed the steps for cancelling reoccurring billing on this but it appears the support will continue until about a year...
  10. microsoft tech support phone number

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft tech support phone number: does Microsoft have a tech support phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-tech-support-phone-number/a92e563f-46f6-4abc-98c0-514f850f889a"