Windows 10: Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error

Discus and support Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Repair Disk won't boot with "Non-System Disk or Disk Error. Replace and press any key when ready." I have tried two different DVD/ROM drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RockyMYN, Jun 27, 2019.

1. RockyMYN Win User

Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error

Repair Disk won't boot with "Non-System Disk or Disk Error. Replace and press any key when ready."

I have tried two different DVD/ROM drives installed on my Gateway desktop - and three repair disks.

The repair disk is the only way to re-format the C drive before restoring from a system image that I know. The partitions on my system image are different than the current partitions created by re-installing Windows 10 1903.

:)

RockyMYN, Jun 27, 2019

2. Disk boot failure!!!

You can format the disk with like fdisk or something. A linux disk would make more sense but you say it won`t boot....

francis511, Jun 27, 2019
  3. coxmaster Win User
    Windows 7, Non System Disk?

No A drive at all, and its set to boot from the SSD first, then everything else later.

Like I said, I can disconnect every drive except the SSD and still get the error. It seems to me like if it was a "non system disk" it wouldnt be able to boot, would it?

*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:Strange*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

coxmaster, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error

Windows 7, Non System Disk?

check bios, you may have it set to boot off cd/dvd and have a disk in that drive (also could be A:\ with non system disk in too)

twicksisted, Jun 27, 2019
  5. Cecelia New Member
    Non-system disk error or disk error can be caused by the events as follows:
    • Boot computer from a drive without boot files.
    • A loose or faulty SATA or IDE cable on your HDD.
    • BIOS settings are not incorrect.
    • The boot configuration is corrupted.
    To fix this error, you can remove all non bootable media at first to see whether the problem occurs. If still happens, you can check cable, set the right media in BIOS settings or fix corrupted boot configuration. For more information, refer to :https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/non-system-disk-or-disk-error-5740i.html

Cecelia, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error

1. Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error - Similar Threads - Repair Disk Won't

2. Hp z400 non system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp z400 non system disk or disk error: I have a hpz400 and im trying to figure out this errorPXE-E61:media test failureThis problem started yesterday when I tried to turn back on my PC, it states that it can't boot up my SSD or the SSD cant be found. I just want to clarify that I had taken my computer for repairs...
  3. Hp z400 non system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp z400 non system disk or disk error: I have a hpz400 and im trying to figure out this errorPXE-E61:media test failureThis problem started yesterday when I tried to turn back on my PC, it states that it can't boot up my SSD or the SSD cant be found. I just want to clarify that I had taken my computer for repairs...
  4. Hp z400 non system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Non-system Disk Error during Attempt to Boot Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-system Disk Error during Attempt to Boot Repair Disc: I've been working out how to restore a saved system image. I've done this more or less annually in Windows 7, and am now attempting to use the Windows 10 64-bit Repair Disc I made in Windows 10 to make sure I have a restorable image. When I use the repair disc, I get the...
  6. System Repair Disk

System Repair Disk: I couldn't find any information in support about my question. Which is: Do we need to create a new "System Repair Disk" for "System Backup" each time we update the new version of our Windows 10?...
  7. Non-System DIsk

Non-System DIsk: I'm using a ASUS TUF505DD-AL040, and decided to upgrade my hard drive, I installed it and used a boot key to reinstall windows 10. I got a "Non-system Disk " error and it seems I can't install windows. I tried to reinstall my old hard drive who still got windows 10 on it and...
  8. Non-system disk error

Non-system disk error: Hi, I was stuck on the windows 10 recovery blue screen like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-wont-boot-stuck-on-blue-recovery-screen/084b8ddc-6ace-4581-a5d8-0491748dcb1a So I started to follow the solution that was told...
  9. Windows 10 non-system disk or disk error

Windows 10 non-system disk or disk error: I reinstall windows 10 using a third party software with my product key, I was able to successfully reinstall window. I install all of my software, installed all of Windows 10 current updates, create a restore point, created a recovery disk backing up all of my files (did...
  10. Can't boot Windows 10 winRE, Non-system disk or disk error

Can't boot Windows 10 winRE, Non-system disk or disk error: My computer got stuck in the Auto Startup Repair loop so I used the bootrec cmds, but I still couldn't get past the loading screen so then I attempted a System Restore from a restore point, but the process froze at the finished prompt so I shut it down to try again. The...