Windows 10: repair disk

Discus and support repair disk in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have received this message: "Access denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may it be locked by another process. You have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarlosGallego1954, Nov 8, 2018.

1. repair disk

I have received this message:

"Access denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may it be locked by another process. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode and make sure the disk is unlocked".

How can I resolve this problem.

Tank you

:)

CarlosGallego1954, Nov 8, 2018

2. What should I have as backup-a RECOVERY disk or a REPAIR disk? Are these the same or different?

Got the free upgrade to Windows 10 and I need to start making some kind of a Repair/Recovery disk.

Are these the same thing? Are they different?

Can someone list the steps needed to make this/ these disk (s)?

Thank you.

Barbara

BarbaraLarnce, Nov 8, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 8, 2018
  4. repair disk

Repairing disk error

Hi Steve,

This issue might caused by a failing drive. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which Windows build and version do you have?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, you can also refer to Wungraileng Vashi's answer on this thread that was found helpful by 65 people:

Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

Let us know your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

repair disk

1. repair disk - Similar Threads - repair disk

2. How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!: Disk Management won't let me! And a straight format from File manager won't let me. I want to create a new repair disc without having to throw the RW one that I currently have away....
  3. How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!: Disk Management won't let me! And a straight format from File manager won't let me. I want to create a new repair disc without having to throw the RW one that I currently have away....
  4. Windows constantly looping update saying in one section, “Repairing disk errors”.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows constantly looping update saying in one section, “Repairing disk errors”.: Whenever I turn on my PC, It just instantly goes to updates and I tried doing force restart, tried to get to the whole Ctrl Alt Del menu but it doesn’t go there....
  5. Windows constantly looping update saying in one section, “Repairing disk errors”.

Windows constantly looping update saying in one section, “Repairing disk errors”.: Whenever I turn on my PC, It just instantly goes to updates and I tried doing force restart, tried to get to the whole Ctrl Alt Del menu but it doesn’t go there....
  6. Windows constantly looping update saying in one section, “Repairing disk errors”.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Create system repair disk tool in Windows 11 does not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create system repair disk tool in Windows 11 does not work properly: Please help.I am trying to create a System Repair disc in windows 11 on a 64GB 3.0 USB drive I understand it must be 32GB or higher.The USB drive is recognized in windows explorer and Disk Manager.When the Recovery Drive tool works for a while, it says "A problem occurred...
  8. Create system repair disk tool in Windows 11 does not work properly

Create system repair disk tool in Windows 11 does not work properly: Please help.I am trying to create a System Repair disc in windows 11 on a 64GB 3.0 USB drive I understand it must be 32GB or higher.The USB drive is recognized in windows explorer and Disk Manager.When the Recovery Drive tool works for a while, it says "A problem occurred...
  9. Automatic repair loop, no disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair loop, no disk space: My pc is stuck on a automatic repair loop, i’ve tried solutions on yt but they dont work, tried command prompts and says theres no disk space in my c drive. I’ve tried to boot up to safe mode but always goes back to automatic repair screen and when i try to reset this pc it...
  10. Automatic repair loop, no disk space

Automatic repair loop, no disk space: My pc is stuck on a automatic repair loop, i’ve tried solutions on yt but they dont work, tried command prompts and says theres no disk space in my c drive. I’ve tried to boot up to safe mode but always goes back to automatic repair screen and when i try to reset this pc it...