Windows 10: Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX)

Discus and support Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX) in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I have a big problem and I'm going crazy. Let's see if someone can help me. I have a virtualized windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 in its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Davichin, May 28, 2020.

1. Davichin Win User

Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX)

Hi everyone.
    I have a big problem and I'm going crazy. Let's see if someone can help me. I have a virtualized windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 in its HyperV vhdx file, but I have inadvertently deleted the boot partition and now the HyperV does not start the machine.
    I do not know how to repair this problem because the boot partition no longer exists ...
    I have tried the recovery with the installation DVD but it does not find windows installations so it does not repair the startup (I suppose because it cannot find the partition of recovery)
    I have also tried several typical repair programs that have not worked for me. Someone can think of how I could get that partition back and boot up again?
    Thank you.

:)

Davichin, May 28, 2020
  2. Davichin Win User

Unfortunately that solution does not work for me since it would have the same problem. My problem is that on the vhdx disk I have removed the boot partition.

Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX) [​IMG]

This is how the hard drive is.
    What I'm missing is the boot partition.

I do not know how to do a VHDX in HyperV to fix windows startup.
    Thank you very much for trying to help me. Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX) :)

Davichin, May 29, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User

But then you have two full installs of Windows in the same VM and all you are using the second install of Windows for is a boot menu entry to boot the first install.

It would take less than 5 minutes just to recreate a System partition on the existing vhdx drive.

NavyLCDR, May 29, 2020
  4. Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX)

Oh my Gods, there is a full set of Gurus here... *Eek*Eek*Eek

Same as using Macrium to transfer EFI partition as I already suggested but it is not sufficient; modifying of BCD store/boot menu for targetting original windows partition is still required.

Custom partitioning made during installation; otherwise active System Reserved partition (analogous to EFI partition, includes BCD store + loader) is always created.

muchomurka, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX) - Similar Threads - Repair HyperV Machine

2. Hyperv Machine Allocated ram keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyperv Machine Allocated ram keeps changing: Dear Microsoft Team,I made an Windows 10 22H2 Vitrual Machine on HyperV. I allocated 8GB Of ram but it keeps changing to a lower amout and its very annoying. I have no idea why this is happening but maybe there is a solution for this. It will be appriciated if someone could...
  3. Hyperv Machine Allocated ram keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyperv Machine Allocated ram keeps changing: Dear Microsoft Team,I made an Windows 10 22H2 Vitrual Machine on HyperV. I allocated 8GB Of ram but it keeps changing to a lower amout and its very annoying. I have no idea why this is happening but maybe there is a solution for this. It will be appriciated if someone could...
  4. Hyperv Machine Allocated ram keeps changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Will Windows 11 run in a HyperV virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 11 run in a HyperV virtual machine?: How will Windows 11 be supported in a HyperV Virtual machine with full TPM support hosted on a W11 Client? I mean full support of TPM. Not only Bitlocker but also storing other private keys in TPM....
  6. Will Windows 11 run in a HyperV virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows 11 run in a HyperV virtual machine?: How will Windows 11 be supported in a HyperV Virtual machine with full TPM support hosted on a W11 Client? I mean full support of TPM. Not only Bitlocker but also storing other private keys in TPM....
  7. Dual boot using vhdx file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot using vhdx file: [ATTACH] Has anyone done this successfully? I'm trying to test this in a VM (VMWare Workstation) following https://win10.guru/native-boot-vhd-dual-boot-made-easy/. Everything seems to go to plan. However on rebooting I get the following:...
  8. how to Boot into a vhdx file

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    how to Boot into a vhdx file: Hi I have created a VHDX file attached it and cloned a copy of widows onto it ( which includes the boot sector)? What I want to do is add this to my boot menu and see if it works. I've read lots of tutorials but they mostly concentrate on making the VHDX file. I am a bit...
  9. SSL issues in Virtual Machines when using HyperV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSL issues in Virtual Machines when using HyperV: Hi all, I've been using HyperV to host virtual machines I need for work, but no matter what Linux distribution I am running, I am encountering SSL errors whenever I reach out to remote endpoints. This seems to reliably happen whenever distributions need to perform updates....
  10. HyperV machines boot up to incorrect state.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HyperV machines boot up to incorrect state.: Hi. I am having this problem that after I startup up desktop machine my virtual machines are in a bad state if restoring a "saved state". This appears in the virtual machine as "disk I/O error" and nothing can be written to the disk. I get these events. 08:32:02 The...