Windows 10: Repair Install Fails - Modern Setup Host

Discus and support Repair Install Fails - Modern Setup Host in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It gets thru part of the set up and I'm getting an error box that says Modern Setup Host has stopped working. I give up. I was hoping a repair would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gator5000e, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Repair Install Fails - Modern Setup Host

It gets thru part of the set up and I'm getting an error box that says Modern Setup Host has stopped working. I give up. I was hoping a repair would keep my app and docs, but I guess that option is not working. At some point I will do a clean install, if I can, I just don't have the patience to reinstall all my apps and stuff. What a pain.

:)

Gator5000e, Sep 5, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 5, 2015
  3. submitting crash dumps for Win 10

It wasn't crashing. There was an error during installation. The "Modern Setup Host" failed.

However, after a reboot, the installation continued anyway, and Windows 10 has been running on my machine for 15 minutes now without crashing.

We'll see how it goes.

GlennBurkhardt, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Repair Install Fails - Modern Setup Host

Ztruker, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Thanks. I've got over 300GB free space on my C drive. Even if it's looking at my flash drive, it is a 32GB drive so there should be plenty of space on that as well.

I will try it again with the suggestion in the thread you linked to suggesting that when the Modern Setup crash box appears you just restart the computer to see what happens.

I do do think a lot of my issues started when I mistakenly logged into the Microsoft account on my computer. When I ran W7 I never logged into any MS account and was a local user (I believe) with Admin rights. Now I think things are messed up with the MS account being the main account. My MS account is the only one showing under the Users section in Control Panel. Not sure if I need to fix that or even how to fix that. Getting into all this users stuff is way above my pay grade.

Gator5000e, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Repair Install Fails - Modern Setup Host

1. Repair Install Fails - Modern Setup Host - Similar Threads - Repair Install Fails

2. Modern setup host stopped working. Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern setup host stopped working. Windows 7: Hello, every time I want to upgrade my windows from 7 to 10 modern setup host stop working. I tried everything deleted boot, get more space on disk but nothing help. If someone help me I will be happy because, I m desperate of this already....
  3. Modern setup host stopped working. Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern setup host stopped working. Windows 7: Hello, every time I want to upgrade my windows from 7 to 10 modern setup host stop working. I tried everything deleted boot, get more space on disk but nothing help. If someone help me I will be happy because, I m desperate of this already....
  4. Modern Setup Host Has Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Modern Setup Host Has Stopped Working: hi, I am kunal.while i am upgrading to windows 11 through iso then while installation suddenly this line appears "Modern Setup Host Has Stopped Working" and installation cancelled. Please help....
  5. What is Modern Setup Host in Windows 10. Is it safe?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Modern Setup Host in Windows 10. Is it safe?: [ATTACH]When you notice lag or overheating on your computer, the first place you check […] This article What is Modern Setup Host in Windows 10. Is it safe? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU?

Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU?: Modern Setup Host is going and going. Constantly updating, day after day after day. Never stops! Just finished one, now it's at it again. Always hogging either CPU or Disk. Can I just murder it somehow? [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  7. Updating windows/low disk space/Modern setup host

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updating windows/low disk space/Modern setup host: I have an ASUS notebook. It has 28GB only. I had trouble previously updating Windows 10 because there wasn't enough disk space. I contacted Microsoft who cleared space, but not enough for the update. They suggested downloading the ISO file to my sd card and installing and...
  8. Modern Setup Host

Modern Setup Host: Hi, My task manager was saying that my disk is at 100%, so I went to find a solution to fix it. I found a article saying to go to Task Manger and 'End Task' on 'Modern Setup Host'. So I went and done this. But now my pc is not installing any windows updates or any other...
  9. Modern Setup Host high disk usage - Windows 10

Modern Setup Host high disk usage - Windows 10: Since 8:30 this morning, Modern Setup Host has been taking 99-100% of disk usage. That's 5 hours. I cannot work. Why can't Microsoft update at night when I am not using my laptop? Why do you start this at 8:30, just when I need to start working? Are you trying to destroy...
  10. HD over 98% active - culprit: Modern Setup Host?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HD over 98% active - culprit: Modern Setup Host?: For the past couple of days my laptop (ASUS X750JA with Intel Core i7 4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz + 6GB RAM, running 64-bit Windows 10) has been very sluggish, with newly opened windows often showing the 'Not Responding' message. On the Task Manager 'Performance' tab, I see my main...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. modern setup host windows 10