Windows 10: Repair/Install question

Discus and support Repair/Install question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to do a repair/install on one of my laptops. I have a question about the instructions in this tutorial: Repair Install Windows 10 with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RhinoCan, Dec 30, 2018.

1. RhinoCan Win User

Repair/Install question

I need to do a repair/install on one of my laptops. I have a question about the instructions in this tutorial:
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade | Tutorials

The problem computer is running Windows 10 Home, Build 1803. I can't do very much of anything with it until I've done the repair/install, including downloading an ISO of the code. How do I make an ISO for Build 1803 on a different computer which is running Build 1809? Or can I simply make an ISO of 1809 and use it for the repair/install on the problem computer?

:)

RhinoCan, Dec 30, 2018

2. Cannot install any apps from windows store

I can't think of anything else.

lx07 already suggested a Repair install, that's all I can think of

Read through the tutorial and ask any questions
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

I suggest
    Step 4 : To do a repair install of Windows 10 with an ISO file
    -- OR --
    Step 5 : To do a repair install of Windows 10 with USB installation media

Another member might suggest something else - you can read while you wait *Wink

Bill

Slartybart, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Dec 30, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

Repair/Install question

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Repair/Install question

1. Repair/Install question - Similar Threads - Repair Install question

2. Question for Questions_ Can't repair OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question for Questions_ Can't repair OS: The following thread was locked since further steps were not needed: i can't use dism from bootable flash drive - Microsoft CommunityAnother member on these forums named "Questions_" gave a very clear step by step method to repair a broken OS. I reached the end of the above...
  3. Question about repairing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about repairing Windows 10: Both mom and I have older Windows 10 computers. Recently, something happened to mom's computer and it won't boot anymore. We don't know if it's because the BIOS got messed up or if Windows 10 got messed up. I've asked Dell about the BIOS since they are the manufacturers of...
  4. Repair Install/upgrade 20H2 question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Install/upgrade 20H2 question: If I was to download the current version of the Media Creation Tool as of today from the Microsoft website and create USB installation media. Can I use it to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 20H2, put it on one side and if I have any future issues, can I also use...
  5. Is Repair Possible? (NVMe Question)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is Repair Possible? (NVMe Question): Google, bing, every search engine has given me nothing but useless vomit not relating to above, so I ask here Is it possible for a regular consumer to fix a broken NVMe SSD that has a few of its pins broken off, or is such a thing not possible unless its sent to the...
  6. Repair Install (in place upgrade) question

Repair Install (in place upgrade) question: Ive got a new Dell laptop arriving later in the week. I normally clean install and blow away the partitions using a Media Creation Tool created flash drive which gets rid of bloatware as well. Im doing things differently this time though. It has a some useful software pre...
  7. Repair question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair question: Hello all. Im needing help fixing whatever is wrong with my laptop. it started out just not allowing me to save pictures. Then i tried to reset it and it gives me error code 0x000012f. so i opened my command prompt as an administrator and run sfc /scannow. then it came back...
  8. Repair/Install question

in Windows 10 Support
    Repair/Install question: I need to do a repair/install on one of my laptops. I have a question about the instructions in this tutorial: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade | Tutorials The problem computer is running Windows 10 Home, Build 1803. I can't do very much of anything with it...
  9. Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question: I run Malwarebytes AdwCleaner once a week and at the end of the scan it gives me the option of running "basic repair" which "will reset winsock and other settings to default settings." I have always declined. While I know I can Google what this all means but I thought I would...
  10. Repair Install Question

Repair Install Question: I have used Windows 7 repair install on a couple of systems with less than satisfactory results. I currently have an issue with Windows 10 "Task Scheduler" and am considering a repair install. Anyone have any experience with Windows 10 on this issue? 26089