Windows 10: Repair Install Question

Discus and support Repair Install Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have used Windows 7 repair install on a couple of systems with less than satisfactory results. I currently have an issue with Windows 10 "Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sir George, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Repair Install Question

I have used Windows 7 repair install on a couple of systems with less than satisfactory results. I currently have an issue with Windows 10 "Task Scheduler" and am considering a repair install. Anyone have any experience with Windows 10 on this issue?

:)

Sir George, Oct 11, 2015

2. Repair Question

My MICROSOFT Lumia phone is broken, I keep filing a claim for repair off Microsoft Mobile website. It says that it will email me in 2-3 hours. I call in after 2-3 hours and they say that it did not go through. I ask why and they "don't" know why it does
    not go through. They just tell me to submit tommorrow.

How do I get the email to get my device repaired????

Staples123, Oct 11, 2015
  3. AF29 Win User
    Repair Question

Hi,
    Staples123
    . We'd like to help. What is the model of your phone? Were you able to send it for repair? Also, can you tell us more what happened to it? We'll wait for your reply.

4. simrick Win User

Repair Install Question

Hi,
    You can mount the W10 ISO and run setup.exe from within the operating system. However, you might just want to try a RESET first - it's pretty much the same thing. Just make sure your data is backed up first.

simrick, Oct 11, 2015
  5. Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't answer my question. See the following link:

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

I wanted a first-hand opinion regarding the results of a "repair" install.

Sir George, Oct 14, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    I did a repair install about eight months ago on one of the technical preview builds. It went exactly like the tutorial. If you can, either print out the tutorial or have it on a tablet or laptop to follow as you do the steps. It looks harder to do than it is.

JohnC, Oct 14, 2015
  7. Thanks for your reply.

Sir George, Oct 14, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Repair Install Question

After having done some repair installs in previous Windows versions, I noticed that Windows removes any updates and it is like installing first time from the CD. This means that any hotfix or whatever Windows updates may have been installed they must be done again. For example when done in Windows XP, you were returned to Internet Explorer 6 and you had to reinstall Internet Explorer 8. Similar for newer windows versions. Other than that you shouldn't have any problems and of course you keep your applications and data. If you have upgraded to a newer build that the installation media you will either return to the older build and have to upgrade again or you will get a message that you cannot install Windows in this computer.

spapakons, Oct 14, 2015
  9. If I get the message that "you cannot install Windows in this computer" does that render the system without an operating system or does it revert to the prior install?

Sir George, Oct 15, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    No, it just means you cannot do an in-place repair installation using this DVD because you have a newer version (build) installed. You can do it only with media created with the same or newer build than you have.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Repair Install Question

1. Repair Install Question - Similar Threads - Repair Install Question

2. Install/Repair ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install/Repair ?: If I'm going to do a Rep/Inst on a fairly new W-10 Home, with 1909 on it, what iso, and where, can I use. Seems to me I need the same Version??? 151355
  3. Problems with Repair/Install

Problems with Repair/Install: I'm trying to do a repair/install but am running into some problems I don't know how to handle. I originally asked about this a couple of weeks back in this thread: Repair/Install question - Windows 10 Forums and now finally have some time to do the repair/install. I...
  4. Repair/Install question

Repair/Install question: I need to do a repair/install on one of my laptops. I have a question about the instructions in this tutorial: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade | Tutorials The problem computer is running Windows 10 Home, Build 1803. I can't do very much of anything with it...
  5. Repair/Install question

in Windows 10 Support
    Repair/Install question: I need to do a repair/install on one of my laptops. I have a question about the instructions in this tutorial: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade | Tutorials The problem computer is running Windows 10 Home, Build 1803. I can't do very much of anything with it...
  6. Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question: I run Malwarebytes AdwCleaner once a week and at the end of the scan it gives me the option of running "basic repair" which "will reset winsock and other settings to default settings." I have always declined. While I know I can Google what this all means but I thought I would...
  7. Question on installing.

Question on installing.: I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO. My son has an old computer he wants to put it on. Right now, all I remember its and old msi motherboard with a Q2200 cpu. The gpu is an obsolete AMD board. As soon as I can get this up and running, I hope to find all the components, upgrade...
  8. Can't "Install/Repair"

Can't "Install/Repair": Done 100's of these. (Well maybe a couplehundred over the years.) Right now running "Windows 10 Insider Preview Version 1803 (OS Build17112.1)" Thiswas on the HDD of a Mobo crash and is installed on new Mobo and CPU. Noticed I can't do updates, run CMD or powershell and a...
  9. repair install help

repair install help: when i try repair install when it says setting things up after a few mins it crashes here is the details how can i fix it as i want too keep my games and things Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 08/09/2015 04:44:51 Event ID: 1000 Task Category:...
  10. repair install needed

repair install needed: The last two updates trashed my Tablet. System restore is blank, all my set points have disappeared. I need to do a repair install but am wondering what will install. Will I get Windows 10 with the updates I don't want, or some earlier version? And this is probably the...