Windows 10: Repair Install Question

Discus and support Repair Install Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have used Windows 7 repair install on a couple of systems with less than satisfactory results. I currently have an issue with Windows 10 "Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sir George, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Repair Install Question

I have used Windows 7 repair install on a couple of systems with less than satisfactory results. I currently have an issue with Windows 10 "Task Scheduler" and am considering a repair install. Anyone have any experience with Windows 10 on this issue?

:)

Sir George, Oct 11, 2015

2. Repair Question

My MICROSOFT Lumia phone is broken, I keep filing a claim for repair off Microsoft Mobile website. It says that it will email me in 2-3 hours. I call in after 2-3 hours and they say that it did not go through. I ask why and they "don't" know why it does
    not go through. They just tell me to submit tommorrow.

How do I get the email to get my device repaired????

Staples123, Oct 11, 2015
  3. AF29 Win User
    Repair Question

Hi,
    Staples123
    . We'd like to help. What is the model of your phone? Were you able to send it for repair? Also, can you tell us more what happened to it? We'll wait for your reply.

4. simrick Win User

Repair Install Question

Hi,
    You can mount the W10 ISO and run setup.exe from within the operating system. However, you might just want to try a RESET first - it's pretty much the same thing. Just make sure your data is backed up first.

simrick, Oct 11, 2015
  5. Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't answer my question. See the following link:

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

I wanted a first-hand opinion regarding the results of a "repair" install.

Sir George, Oct 14, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    I did a repair install about eight months ago on one of the technical preview builds. It went exactly like the tutorial. If you can, either print out the tutorial or have it on a tablet or laptop to follow as you do the steps. It looks harder to do than it is.

JohnC, Oct 14, 2015
  7. Thanks for your reply.

Sir George, Oct 14, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Repair Install Question

After having done some repair installs in previous Windows versions, I noticed that Windows removes any updates and it is like installing first time from the CD. This means that any hotfix or whatever Windows updates may have been installed they must be done again. For example when done in Windows XP, you were returned to Internet Explorer 6 and you had to reinstall Internet Explorer 8. Similar for newer windows versions. Other than that you shouldn't have any problems and of course you keep your applications and data. If you have upgraded to a newer build that the installation media you will either return to the older build and have to upgrade again or you will get a message that you cannot install Windows in this computer.

spapakons, Oct 14, 2015
  9. If I get the message that "you cannot install Windows in this computer" does that render the system without an operating system or does it revert to the prior install?

Sir George, Oct 15, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    No, it just means you cannot do an in-place repair installation using this DVD because you have a newer version (build) installed. You can do it only with media created with the same or newer build than you have.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Repair Install Question

1. Repair Install Question - Similar Threads - Repair Install Question

2. Question for Questions_ Can't repair OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question for Questions_ Can't repair OS: The following thread was locked since further steps were not needed: i can't use dism from bootable flash drive - Microsoft CommunityAnother member on these forums named "Questions_" gave a very clear step by step method to repair a broken OS. I reached the end of the above...
  3. Question about repairing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about repairing Windows 10: Both mom and I have older Windows 10 computers. Recently, something happened to mom's computer and it won't boot anymore. We don't know if it's because the BIOS got messed up or if Windows 10 got messed up. I've asked Dell about the BIOS since they are the manufacturers of...
  4. Repair Install/upgrade 20H2 question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Install/upgrade 20H2 question: If I was to download the current version of the Media Creation Tool as of today from the Microsoft website and create USB installation media. Can I use it to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 20H2, put it on one side and if I have any future issues, can I also use...
  5. Is Repair Possible? (NVMe Question)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is Repair Possible? (NVMe Question): Google, bing, every search engine has given me nothing but useless vomit not relating to above, so I ask here Is it possible for a regular consumer to fix a broken NVMe SSD that has a few of its pins broken off, or is such a thing not possible unless its sent to the...
  6. Repair Install (in place upgrade) question

Repair Install (in place upgrade) question: Ive got a new Dell laptop arriving later in the week. I normally clean install and blow away the partitions using a Media Creation Tool created flash drive which gets rid of bloatware as well. Im doing things differently this time though. It has a some useful software pre...
  7. Repair question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair question: Hello all. Im needing help fixing whatever is wrong with my laptop. it started out just not allowing me to save pictures. Then i tried to reset it and it gives me error code 0x000012f. so i opened my command prompt as an administrator and run sfc /scannow. then it came back...
  8. Repair/Install question

Repair/Install question: I need to do a repair/install on one of my laptops. I have a question about the instructions in this tutorial: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade | Tutorials The problem computer is running Windows 10 Home, Build 1803. I can't do very much of anything with it...
  9. Repair/Install question

in Windows 10 Support
    Repair/Install question: I need to do a repair/install on one of my laptops. I have a question about the instructions in this tutorial: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade | Tutorials The problem computer is running Windows 10 Home, Build 1803. I can't do very much of anything with it...
  10. Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question: I run Malwarebytes AdwCleaner once a week and at the end of the scan it gives me the option of running "basic repair" which "will reset winsock and other settings to default settings." I have always declined. While I know I can Google what this all means but I thought I would...