Windows 10: Repair Install

Discus and support Repair Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey all, I want to repair install windows 10. So I download the .iso file and mounted it up in a USB Flash Drive. I had chosen a windows 10 20H2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rum_Cyr, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Rum_Cyr Win User

Repair Install

Hey all,

I want to repair install windows 10. So I download the .iso file and mounted it up in a USB Flash Drive. I had chosen a windows 10 20H2 version. So if i repair install Windows 10 through that USB Flash drive, will it delete any personal files in the partitions also?? Its ok if I lose any apps in the C: drive.

I have a single 900gb HDD and it has 3 partitions. So one of them is used entirely for storing data. So will it delete all data in that partition?

Thank You

:)

Rum_Cyr, Dec 31, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 31, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Repair Install

Cannot install any apps from windows store

I can't think of anything else.

lx07 already suggested a Repair install, that's all I can think of

Read through the tutorial and ask any questions
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

I suggest
    Step 4 : To do a repair install of Windows 10 with an ISO file
    -- OR --
    Step 5 : To do a repair install of Windows 10 with USB installation media

Another member might suggest something else - you can read while you wait *Wink

Bill

Slartybart, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Repair Install

1. Repair Install - Similar Threads - Repair Install

2. Setting Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair through...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair through...: I am trying to set the value of this local policy to "Enabled" and as well "Download repair content and optional features directly from Windows Update instead of Windows Server Update Services WSUS". The target is to set these values through the PowerShell Failed Trials I...
  3. Setting Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair through...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair through...: I am trying to set the value of this local policy to "Enabled" and as well "Download repair content and optional features directly from Windows Update instead of Windows Server Update Services WSUS". The target is to set these values through the PowerShell Failed Trials I...
  4. Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro

Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro: I have done a repair install of Win10 Pro to try to address a recurring BSOD problem.I have started the update process to catch the operating system up to current. I've been doing "Restart and update" for about five hours now.When I try to look at Windows Update to see where...
  5. Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro: I have done a repair install of Win10 Pro to try to address a recurring BSOD problem.I have started the update process to catch the operating system up to current. I've been doing "Restart and update" for about five hours now.When I try to look at Windows Update to see where...
  6. Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Win11 Phase1_Initialization_Failed, startup repair could not find windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Phase1_Initialization_Failed, startup repair could not find windows installation: Hi,I was using my computer as usual and suddenly had a BSOD, and then I wasn't able to startup afterwards. It gives me a BSOD of Phase1_Initialization Failed error every time I boot or restart.The disk is BitLocker encrypted. I have the recovery keys, which I then used to try...
  8. Win11 Phase1_Initialization_Failed, startup repair could not find windows installation

Win11 Phase1_Initialization_Failed, startup repair could not find windows installation: Hi,I was using my computer as usual and suddenly had a BSOD, and then I wasn't able to startup afterwards. It gives me a BSOD of Phase1_Initialization Failed error every time I boot or restart.The disk is BitLocker encrypted. I have the recovery keys, which I then used to try...
  9. PC Crashing after trying to install new Nvidia Drivers, then reboots to automatic repair...

PC Crashing after trying to install new Nvidia Drivers, then reboots to automatic repair...: Hello,For a long time now I've had major driver issues with my windows 11 pc. I've reinstalled windows and tried multiple things, as well as trying different RAM and troubleshoots, but nothing seems to help.When I try to uninstall, reinstall or install new drivers my pc does...
  10. PC Crashing after trying to install new Nvidia Drivers, then reboots to automatic repair...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing after trying to install new Nvidia Drivers, then reboots to automatic repair...: Hello,For a long time now I've had major driver issues with my windows 11 pc. I've reinstalled windows and tried multiple things, as well as trying different RAM and troubleshoots, but nothing seems to help.When I try to uninstall, reinstall or install new drivers my pc does...